Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKBoater
yup, hide your guns. Get a lawyer. Stop snooping in her emails and texts.

If you want an answer start a casual conversation with her boss. Then mention the training she is supposed to be on. If the boss says "What training?" then you've got a good way to start the conversation. Either way she's got one foot out the door. Help with the house work is not a reason for leaving marriage. She just couldn't admit the truth to you. No amount of dishes is gonna fix this.

Because some can't handle the truth.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ruin her weekend.

Confront her. Unfortunately it sounds like she's brought a third party into the relationship. What a bad way to end a relationship.

Wook

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bo - Lived thru this!

Clue #1 - is there time missing that she cannot or will not account for?
Clue #2 - is there money missing from yours or hers accounts that she cannot or will not account for?
Clue #3 - in the past, has she allowed you to see her cell history, but won't now?
Clue #4 - have you offered profession/Church/Family marital Counseling, only to have her refuse?
Clue #5 - does any discussion of this provoke a MAJOR reaction or fight from her part/refusal to discuss rationally any level?

Those are the things that are major F-ing clues. The thing about wanting to separate is a MAJOR indication that she has initiated an affair, sorry to say. Like I say, I got the 'joy' of experiencing all of that first hand. If you suspect and at least some of that is true, then here is what you need to do:

1 - Setup an on-line password to all savings accounts. print the amount on hand + activity every day. If she cleans them out, then you can sue her for at least half + bank fees, if you can show 'normal' activity, then a 'run' on the account. having a lengthy history is a good record that she planned to clean you out.
2 - the cell phone - are you on her account? if so, then go to the store that sold it to you and get that history. if not, then make dang-sher she does not have access to yours.
3 - Are your firearms in a safe? Does she know the combo? make sure you change it. start secretly moving the expensive guns to a friend's house. I did so and replaced them one-for-one with pawnshop junk to make it less obvious. You will have to eventually own-up to what you have, but this prevents their theft by her (I have seen many wimmen do this in the early parts of a divorce)
4 - Start getting all major papers as they relate to accounts, life insurance, home/car/etc duplicated and kept at the relative/friend's house that is keeping the guns. make sure that she can never know who this person is, so choose carefully.

I hope I am wrong, but it sounds like I am right. If wrong, then you can slowly shift everything back without her being the wiser. if not, then immediately go to every hifalutin' attorney and discuss your case. that will make it tough for her to find one that does not know about it (due to your visit). In SC, there are some judges that can also work as lower-court circuit judges. if you can find one of those and they are allowed to do this in FL, then jump on the best one you can find, preferably one that has been doing that for some time, splitting their time as a lawyer and a circuit judge. Why? ANY lawyer that handles your wife's case knows that on another level, they will eventually have to go before 'your' lawyer...with him as the judge. this will make 'her' lawyer ALOT more likely to deal.

well, all the best, and hoping I am wrong,

Bruce

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep imo you're probably a step or three behind already

hard to believe you can go to war with someone you exchanged vows to love, honor and cherish in sickness and health for better or worse

but it happens in dang near 50% of marriages these days I guess.

though i hope for the kids sake you can keep it as civil as possible, losing out on some financial gains or material stuff is a small price to pay imo for the well being of your children

that's not meant to read "roll over on your back and give her everything she wants"

Lynn gave you some great advice, if you're on the level with us, your gut isn't lying to you.

but like any bad news, cancer, loss of a friend thru accident or illness or the breakup of a marriage, denial often plays a very large role in our evaluation of the situation.

Wish all of you the best, even her, cause she is your kid's mom regardless of what choices she's made or making.

Best of luck to you, heart wrenching deal for sure.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear it. To answer your questions, no, nothing about what you posted sounds good or 'right'. Get yourself protected pronto. Good luck.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My brother lost half of everything, including his paycheck. He didn't want to be "mean" and really fight her through the divorce. Even after she cleaned out their bank accounts, he just rolled over in disbelief. Better believe what is coming your way!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wook
Ruin her weekend.

Confront her. Unfortunately it sounds like she's brought a third party into the relationship. What a bad way to end a relationship.

Wook

oh forgot to add I like this but with a twist, I'd go wherever she's going and take a good section of air hose

if she went to meet a dude it'd be a long time before he could stand for anyone to touch him anywhere

he'd be a hurtin muthaphucka, it don't hurt as bad as the hurts we have in our hearts at times, but hey we do what we can!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think that you already know the answer to your question. My ex did the same sort of sneaky [bleep] to me. Threw her ass out and never looked back. I'd be willing to bet that this training trip is actually a honeymoon.. Get a good lawyer and new bank accounts. She's already made up her mind.

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
In truth no one has to tell you what she is doing, you already know.

Listen to your gut, it's not lying to you.

Very good advice. From past expreince I would say get your ducks in a line and move on.

Last edited by OSB; 03/23/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
don't know the laws in FL, but in CA when my brother went through his divorce, anything aqcuired after physical separation was no subject to splitting 50/50. I would get separated soon. Then you can start putting cash in your own account. It's time to think about you and the kids. Forget your wife at this point. If she wants to live a life partying at the bars, those kids are gonna need you.

Deal with it.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Where is Steelhead when we need him most?

edited to add; Take her on Jerry Springer or Maury.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 03/23/11.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obviously you should be suspicious. The advice to get a lawyer and your ducks in a row is certainly sound- but that doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger on your marriage just yet. Went through some really unfair crap of my own a while back but everything is better now than it ever was and my wife adores me. Is it more important to catch her- or keep her? Only you can answer. Forcing her to be honest isn't wrong- but no one here can tell if you are habitually jealous and accusatory in the past - which helps drive some people to cheat. Can you just ask her honestly if she has found someone- and handle the response? Can't MAKE someone stay or Make someone love you. It is her choice but you do not have to be in the dark -so that you can explore your options openly. Her response after starting a conversation with- how would you feel if I said I found someone else I was interested in? might give you a clue to where she stands. You should try and make up your mind what you want to do when you find either answer.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If she's not past the age I suggest you knock her up again, that can only help.

Also suggest she take the kids with her on a bedroom romp so romeo can get the full affect.

Course she could be doing one of her girlfriends, in that case forget the kids and get her a video camera.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thank goodness you finally got here, it was getting out of hand.

Now,,,,warn him about stalkers and crawfish eaters.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The only thing I know about wimmins is that once they've made up their mind, it ain't changing. She made her decision and came to terms with it LONG ago.

That and that all women are 2 drinks away from a girl on girl experience.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Easiest way to get over a woman is to get under a different one.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Now we're making progress, knew we could count on you. Hope Bo is listening.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That and that all women are 2 drinks away from a girl on girl experience.

Words of wisdom there....
grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Women don't tell you they want to separate without already having the exit strategy WELL planned. They count on the surprise left hook to keep the guy dazed long enough to get what they want.

Remember they are just like monkeys, they don't let go of one branch till they have hold of another.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Put your love and energy into the kids, they are going to need it and the dividend it pays is unmeasurable. Karma is a bitch, IME.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Buckshot5, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.