Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
All of the top shelf Alpha glass is quality. I just think when someone is putting out over $1500 for it- CS should at least be a part of the equation in making that decision.

Great quality glass does not help if you do not have it for 4-5 months while in for the repair.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I just had reason to call Leica this morning. They answered the phone, that is a plus in my book, and are sending out what I requested. I offered to pay for the part but they said they would send it out for free.

I have other Leica products and have never had a bad CS issue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What to do?

Doug just posted some nice deals on Leica demos. I'm not sure what to think about CS or their 10 year warranty.

I was about to pull the trigger on a conquest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Conquests do rock...

There's smoking deals on Swaro scopes out there right now. There's your CS.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Conquests do rock...

There's smoking deals on Swaro scopes out there right now. There's your CS.

Who has the deals going?

I'm interested.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wadevb1
What to do?

Doug just posted some nice deals on Leica demos. I'm not sure what to think about CS or their 10 year warranty.

Leica's warranty on their demo products is pathetic.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Although I don't believe in the vast majority of cases, one would be left SOL by Leica in the event service is needed, they definitely have a ways to go to match Swaro's exemplary CS. Then again, the same can be said for most optics companies.

I have 6 Leica optics and have never needed service on any of them, so I have no experience with their CS. It would seem logical that repairs would take much longer for discontinued items like the Televid 77, though. It isn't practical to keep all parts in stock indefinitely for discontinued items.

Last edited by RifleDude; 04/07/11.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by wadevb1
What to do?

Leica's warranty on their demo products is pathetic.

All I needed to hear.

Conquest or VX3 are in the hunt. I may consider selling my NightForce and fund the Diavaria or Swaro.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have 2 conquests and they're great. I hear the VX3 is optically on par with the conquest but I haven't looked through a VX3. Mule Deer here has tested most of them and he says they're about the same optically (Conqest and VX3). I'm lusting after the Schmidt & Bender Summit (1" tube) myself.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a pair of Geovids used off Craigslist last year. They worked fine under 200 yards or so, which is as far as you could get when I checked them out. On my way home I stopped and was trying them out but they wouldn't get past 600 yards and 600 was hard to get a read. I contacted them and told them my situation. Guy said to send them on in. They told me it'd take a month. Two weeks later a brand new pair showed up. No complaints here.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Your luck with Leica CS is a lot better than mine or that of a couple of other guys on here. Just sayin'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never said otherwise.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Brian, my experience with Leica couldn't have been more painful. My Leica 1200 rangefinder quit working, and Leica wouldn't repair it if I paid for the repair, let alone warranty it. They wouldn't exchange it either, and I was within a week of leaving for Africa on safari. I'm glad they took care of you, but they flat out stiffed me.

Originally Posted by Higbean
I bought a pair of Geovids used off Craigslist last year. They worked fine under 200 yards or so, which is as far as you could get when I checked them out. On my way home I stopped and was trying them out but they wouldn't get past 600 yards and 600 was hard to get a read. I contacted them and told them my situation. Guy said to send them on in. They told me it'd take a month. Two weeks later a brand new pair showed up. No complaints here.

So how can a companies CS be this much of 180 degrees?? When you read through these posts, it seems as if there is no rime or reason as to who gets the luck of the draw in the service department. Baffling ?? It seems like the folks at Leica would be aware of the rep they have and try and remedy it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Leica changed their policy in 2008, so that could explain a lot of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even Kahles repaired some binocs inside of 90 days, no charge, and replaced the camo coating. The importer for Kahles changed, they haven't even imported new binocs to the US for a couple years.

Why a guy would pay for premium glass with schitty service escapes me...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MattMan
Why a guy would pay for premium glass with schitty service escapes me...

I remind myself why every time I dig out my 10x42 Geovids that Leica sent as a replacement for a beat to hell pair that I paid $650.00 for.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I remind myself why every time I dig out my 10x42 Geovids that Leica sent as a replacement for a beat to hell pair that I paid $650.00 for.

The green hue of the geovids sucks a commensurate amount to the warranty...

Kahles was second tier, cost less new than your used "beat to hell" greenovids, and ten years later had better warranty service, post import.

Just sayin... Other than the LRFs, which are disposable, Leica sucks a choad. wink

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, Leica customer services sucks, Kahles are almighty, and $650.00 NIB Geovids are the one that sucks choads..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MattMan
Even Kahles repaired some binocs inside of 90 days, no charge, and replaced the camo coating.

That's because when Kahles was still offering binocs, their importer and repair facility was Swarovski in Cranston, RI.

Now that Gamo USA is importing and providing CS for Kahles, all repairs have to go back to Austria.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RifleDude

That's because when Kahles was still offering binocs, their importer and repair facility was Swarovski in Cranston, RI.

Now that Gamo USA is importing and providing CS for Kahles, all repairs have to go back to Austria.

And came back within 90 days...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 01Foreman400, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 44 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,461
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.