-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looks like Leupold is only offering good discounts to Fed LE and active military. A few of my guys want optics on ARs and one bolt gun. Figured leupold was our best choice. No discount to local LE though. Our local supplier gives us about 10% but leupold gives 40% for three optics per officer to the Feds.
What other companies give a good discount to the local guys. I'd consider zeiss or even acogs for the ARs and or Trijicon bolt gun scopes if they gave us a decent discount.
Seems like leupold doesn't need our business.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Seems like everybody and there brother knows someone in LE and MAYBE they would take advantage of it? Naaawwwwww.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Large corporations would rather make one deal with Wal-Mart or a mega distributor than deal with hundreds of individuals. It's not personal, it's just business. Ovis_Chaser

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Burris gives 50% off to LEO of the suggested retail price. When its all said and done it will save somewhere around $50 to $100 off of street price.

Dink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How much does Leupold give off to military?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Some of the Feds I've seen on our range can use all the help they can get....just saying.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold is only selling the Tactical model of scopes to LEO and Military also. You use to be able to get all models with the discount.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by oldslowdog

Some of the Feds I've seen on our range can use all the help they can get....just saying.

Cops are among the worst shots of all gun owners in my one-person estimation. Many of them shoot only twice a year, 50 rounds each time, at a static target line. The poor marksmanship hardly inspired confidence in me when I started. 10 years later I and some other like-minded instructors (all of us) got the chance, we struck. We went to quarterly qualifications in a moving qualification (deputies were constantly moving, using cover and concealment), movers, hostage � hostage taker, bad guy, good guy, and the total rounds fired was 100. In addition, we instituted a twice a year night qualification. That was, for safety�s sake, a static line. We also made it policy that each patrol deputy had to go to the range and fire 50 rounds in front of one of the firearms instructors on months when we weren�t qualifying. If they didn't pass, they got to go play jailer for a month. When that policy became official, most deputies began practicing on their own with a passion; however, a couple needed a month of working in the jail to convince them to maintain proficiency.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
Burris gives 50% off to LEO of the suggested retail price. When its all said and done it will save somewhere around $50 to $100 off of street price.

Dink

But it's still a burris. grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
FYI...

Lots of companies offer discounts to certified hunter education instructors. Get certified in your state. It's not hard to do and you can help teach the hunters of tomorrow all while getting good deals on stuff.

Leupold, Burris, Nikon, Beretta (including Sako and Tikka), Savage, T/C, S&W, Ruger, Birchwood Casey, Trophy Ridge, are just a few off the top of my head.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Burris may get our business for sure. We don't shoot a static target qualification course. Pistol or carbine. Moving targets, walking shots, center mass to head shots on command, reloads on command, all timed.
The worst I've seen is the fed marshals. Saw a group of 20 or mostly all fail the last pistol shoot. It was awful. Lots of small depts and SO's are not giving out practice ammo like they used to.
We also have a large trailer now with a big projection screen. It takes you through different scenarios with hostages, obstacles in the way, innocents behind primary targets. The guns are real and have real trigger pulls. All glocks and ARs. It's very helpful when teaching when to shoot and when not to.
No substitute for the real deal on the range, but helpful anyway.
Like I said, my guys get all the ammo they want. No substitute for trigger time. I never wanna tell one of their wives they are dead. If I catch em w/o their vests on or doing a stop and search with multiple people in the vehicle without waiting on backup to cover all the peoPle present I dock their pay! You can't keep your eye on four drunks in a car at night by yourself. I've had twice that many once by myself and figured any second I was gonna get a bullet in the head. Never again!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Cops are among the worst shots of all gun owners in my one-person estimation.

In addition, we instituted a twice a year night qualification. That was, for safety’s sake, a static line. If they didn't pass, they got to go play jailer for a month. When that policy became official, most deputies began practicing on their own with a passion; however, a couple needed a month of working in the jail to convince them to maintain proficiency.

I agree with your estimation. But Federal agencies that are mostly comprised of college grads rather than ex local LEO"S(FBI vs ATF etc) can be considerably worse.

I never understood it either cause after all, its YOUR life we are talking about. What could be more important than that? A little practice is all it takes.

I love ya'lls qual policy. If we tried to institute that, we'd have over 2/3 of our department working the jail...it's all they can do to pass the 50 round static qual.

Don't even get me started on officer safety and traffic stops...I've even see one officer stop a car at 1:00 AM, contact the violater, and write the ticket all while on her cellphone! And yes, she was holding it in her gun hand.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NF gives 10% to Military. Easy to just email the company...

I can't spell... Deal with it...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,292 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.