Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
178,000 miles on mine and still going strong ! Original engine and tranny and still don't burn any oil. Lotsa differences between the 3 generations of Explorers. Second generation is best and tthat's what I've got.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Rez_Buck
Explorer Sport

TFF!
[bleep]'ll outdo whatever pickup you put it against for traction and don't think it won't ! Friggin thing is a tank and damn near unstoppable compared to my old 4X4 F150's and Ranger's ! Beats the ever livin' pee waddin outta my old Blazer too !

Besides, it's a breeze to park at the mall....... smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Those things are mean!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Explorer Sport

TFF!
[bleep]'ll outdo whatever pickup you put it against for traction and don't think it won't ! Friggin thing is a tank and damn near unstoppable compared to my old 4X4 F150's and Ranger's ! Beats the ever livin' pee waddin outta my old Blazer too !

Besides, it's a breeze to park at the mall....... smirk
I rarely go to any malls city boy. Christmas shopping once a year is about it. Nearest one is 40 miles from here.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do have a sweet ass

Dooood, TMI!!! smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've been all over Montana and you fella's ain't got no mud there as far as I could tell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Explorer sport?

snicker..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Toldja you was a dumbass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow. you really got me with that one.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been all over Montana and you fella's ain't got no mud there as far as I could tell.

The highways and parking lots are generally mud free. Great Explorer Sport country!

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

The highways and parking lots are generally mud free. Great Explorer Sport country!
Could be but the logging roads around Plains and Hot Springs didn't have any parking lots.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
wow. you really got me with that one.
Ain't hard to do. Like takin' candy from a baby. Dumbass.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I've ran Goodyear Wranglers and know they suck. I don't even have to run an Explorer "Sport" (giggle) to know THEY suck!! You a funny guy Blackfart..... laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've ran Goodyear Wranglers and know they suck. I don't even have to run an Explorer "Sport" (giggle) to know THEY suck!! You a funny guy Blackfart..... laugh
Well now they mighta sucked if you was a runnin' 'em on a pickup, particularly if it were a Chevy, but they's purty good on an Explorer. Gar-un-teed.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have been running Toyo m-55's for thirty years as an off road/on road tire and have not been able to find anything better suited to my use. I have a set of 235-75-15's on Momma's baby Blazer, and a set of 255-85-16's on my 3/4 ton 4x4.

If I wake up in the morning to 8 inches of new snow, and three foot drifts over the first mile of dirt road between me and the pavement, I still have to be at work by 7:00 AM, and Momma has to be at work by 6:00 AM. And in the spring, that same mile often consists of several inches of mud. The neighbor uses the same road to access his cattle, pulling heavy feed wagons with a large tractor. The mud and ruts can get very deep.

The Toyos can be studded or not as your conditions dictate. Momma's Blazer has studded M-55's and a spare set of rims with summer tires. I did not put studs on my truck, but do carry a set of chains in case schit gets really bad.

The Toyos have a great life expectancy on gravel and pavement.The lugs are constructed so they do not retain a lot of rocks on gravel, which can be very destructive to a tire. They have always worn very well for me. Usually I will get 50K out of a set, unless an alignment issue is ignored.

They are a little noisy on pavement, but I have never found a decent traction tire that was not. There are better tires for traction in the mud, but I have found them to have a short life expectancy when used primarily on the highway.

The very best snow and ice tires I have ever used was a set of M-55's with the center lugs siped and studs inserted in the outer lugs. I had them on a 1984 K-5 Blazer and it handled black ice or packed snow better than any short wheel base rig ever deserved to.

[Linked Image]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Well now they mighta sucked if you was a runnin' 'em on a pickup, particularly if it were a Chevy, but they's purty good on an Explorer. Gar-un-teed.

FWIW - I ran Goodyear Wrangler ATs on my Ford F-150 and they didn't wear nearly as well as my BFGs and would also just about bounce me into the ditch every time I drove on a washboard road. I DEFINITELY wouldn't run those tires again.

Blackfart can't tell the difference between Ford and Chevy?!?! Must be chit-faced......just wait until tomorrow when his buddies tell him he was driving an Explorer "Sport"!!! He'll never live THAT one down..... smirk

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

FWIW - I ran Goodyear Wrangler ATs on my Ford F-150 and they didn't wear nearly as well as my BFGs and would also just about bounce me into the ditch every time I drove on a washboard road. I DEFINITELY wouldn't run those tires again.

Blackfart can't tell the difference between Ford and Chevy?!?! Must be chit-faced......just wait until tomorrow when his buddies tell him he was driving an Explorer "Sport"!!! He'll never live THAT one down..... smirk
Nope, been drivin' the sport for years. My buddies know better than to pick fun cuz they know where I take it and most have had to ask me for a pull when they tried to follow me with their pickups. You ain't half as smart as you think you is and neither is any of these other fella's here.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Explorer sport

Just curious, is that still Mazda built, or are they doing something different these days?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Explorer sport

Just curious, is that still Mazda built, or are they doing something different these days?
The latest Explorers are completely different than the older ones and I have no idea whether they're Mazda built or not. I do know the new ones are of unibody construction while the older ones are ladder frame construction and nothing more than Ranger pickups with an SUV body.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[/quote] [bleep]'ll outdo whatever pickup you put it against for traction and don't think it won't ! Friggin thing is a tank and damn near unstoppable compared to my old 4X4 F150's and Ranger's ! Beats the ever livin' pee waddin outta my old Blazer too ! [/quote]

Want to play follow the leader with me and my Ranger???

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moab Utah

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,216
Posts18,485,508
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.