Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
PPH is building a new 8 million dollar facility in Eugene Oregon. I can't remember how many thousand "clients" they claim to have helped last year. They have some PC name for the place. Center for families etc. It's just so wrong. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i think what gets me about abortion is (and I've been thinking alot) my wife and i lost our first child about 2 months into the pregnacy, never before has something impacted my life like this. I lost a piece of my life that day and for someone to say it wasn't really a life or it didn't have a soul has some sort of major mental defect, you can't tell me when they show that first image on that little Black and white you don't feel something and if you don't you are no better than the Charles Mansons of this world. Now I know many women have made big mistakes we all have but to support the evil that is abortion is just sick I don't care how the baby got there it is still a life it has a soul. i guess on an up side that little soul never as to suffer in this world and no the trials and tribulation that we all deal with but life is a gift from God and who are we to stop it in it's pure innocense

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
i think what gets me about abortion is (and I've been thinking alot) my wife and i lost our first child about 2 months into the pregnacy, never before has something impacted my life like this. I lost a piece of my life that day and for someone to say it wasn't really a life or it didn't have a soul has some sort of major mental defect, you can't tell me when they show that first image on that little Black and white you don't feel something and if you don't you are no better than the Charles Mansons of this world. Now I know many women have made big mistakes we all have but to support the evil that is abortion is just sick I don't care how the baby got there it is still a life it has a soul. i guess on an up side that little soul never as to suffer in this world and no the trials and tribulation that we all deal with but life is a gift from God and who are we to stop it in it's pure innocense

+ a million

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rong
( Abortion is none of the government�s business including financing it.)nor ours!!!!
i dont feel any taxpayer money should be used,but also we shouldnt be able to tell a women what she can or cant do, jmo

Agree - 100%. The government has no business in the bedroom.

However, I recongnize that if unplanned kids are born to young, poor girls, the kids may suffer from neglect and we (the taxpayer) may need to raise the kid (welfare or foster homes).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Steve - I know I'm slow, but ..

You support a Florida pastor�s right to free speech, but you don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. The former has major ramifications while the second is between the woman, the doctor and, God.

Abortion is none of the government�s business including financing it.

Free speech, whether or not used judiciously, is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Abortion - the killing of a child - is not a right. It has been deemed legal by judicial action.

Should we wish to give taxpayer funding to support the actions of a group that unwisely uses free speech for its purposes (say, maybe, those folks in that Florida church?). Hey - it's a guaranteed right !!

Concomitantly, should we wish to give taxpayer funding to support a group that willingly kills babies - and makes millions doing it? (Although it is not a right - it is judicial action.)

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a lot more to abortion than just yes or no...a few will need financial help, but that doesn't give the clinic or the doctors the right to rape the tax payers either.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The problem is in the "accepted" premise that we have no right to tell a woman what to do with her own body. The problem is, though the child is IN her body, it is NOT her body. The genetic makeup is different. Should be pretty simple to understand. Truth is, you CAN'T do anything you want with your own body. Suicide, for example, is illegal. Why? What power authorizes the government to say you are, or are not allowed to take your own life? The tactic of incrementally changing the language of an argument until the premise is twisted is prevelent in the left, particularly. Basically lying. Changing "baby" to "fetus" (even using the medical term/spelling foetus to further dehumanize) puts some distance between a small human and the adult making the decision. To deny that the baby IS human, was ALWAYS human,can ONLY be human and is alive, is just foolish. The small human was alive when you started, dead when you ended, and you did it. Killing human beings is murder. The left has even gone to the length of determining the legal definition of when life begins. To my mind, this is akin to determining that, under certain circumstances, the number 2 is to be interpreted as 3, under the law. Absurd.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
However, I recongnize that if unplanned kids are born to young, poor girls, the kids may suffer from neglect and we (the taxpayer) may need to raise the kid (welfare or foster homes).

Ja, und next we need a final solution for dealing with the mentally defective and degenerate......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ja, und next we need a final solution for dealing with the mentally defective and degenerate......

That list is going to be LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a serious problem with the govt funding Planned Parenthood and I also have a serious problem with those who want to force women to have babies which will likely mean Billions more in entitlements as well as more strains on healthcare thru free services.

I mean does anyone even look at the demographics of those getting abortions? From what I could find, 42% of women having abortions are poor not to mention Black and Latina women have the highest abortion rates(Guttmacher Institute).

So the way I see it those that oppose our govt paying for Planned Parenthood will turn a blind eye once the issue turns to the govt funding of those millions of babies who will end up being all of our responsibility. I just don't understand how some can't see that or just choose to ignore it.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Oliver Wendell Holmes was right in Buck v. Bell. It may not be politically correct... thought factually correct ought to be enough.

That it ain't, says much as to what's wrong with our society.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Oliver Wendell Holmes was right in Buck v. Bell. It may not be politically correct... thought factually correct ought to be enough.

That sorta has some Nazi undertones to it but in theory I can't say I completely disagree.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

That sorta has some Nazi undertones to it but in theory I can't say I completely disagree.

It's been cast as "Nazi" by the left, but simply put, he wasn't wrong.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I read an article recently that abortions were down (12%?)....you know why?...according to the article it is because of the use of those 3D ultra sounds....those of you who have seen them know that they look like a photograph....guess having that sucked out is harder after you see the facial features.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[quote=rrroae]I have a serious problem with the govt funding Planned Parenthood and I also have a serious problem with those who want to force women to have babies which will likely mean Billions more in entitlements as well as more strains on healthcare thru free services.

Here we have a problem. Actions have consequences. Nobody is forcing women to have babies. Plenty of contraceptives out there - many available for free. Personal discipline and a sense of responsibility is required. We also need to stop making it profitable for the underpriviliged to have babies. Heck, it's a dang business! Cut a lot of those entitlements, and eventually, it will no longer be profitable. AND - (you're gonna love this)

allow the church back into society. Christian, as well as most other religions, preach morality and responsibility. They also set up a cool system where a man and a woman get married, and share the "burden" of their children. Children, by the way, should not be a surprise if you are having sex. Ultimately, that's what it is for. The pleasure part was probably intended as a marketing device. Removing morality, and replacing it with government programs and progressive ideals, has been a measurable detriment to American society. Basically - you play, you pay. The left has been trying to create a "no fault" life. Impossible, and inferior. Obviously.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
.gov pays them to have kids, and pays for them not to do so.

Cut out both of those, and see what happens to the abortion rate.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rrroae
I have a serious problem with the govt funding Planned Parenthood and I also have a serious problem with those who want to force women to have babies which will likely mean Billions more in entitlements as well as more strains on healthcare thru free services (like Planned Parenthood?).

I mean does anyone even look at the demographics of those getting abortions? From what I could find, 42% of women having abortions are poor not to mention Black and Latina women have the highest abortion rates(Guttmacher Institute) (so they have no children, right?).

So the way I see it those that oppose our govt paying for Planned Parenthood will turn a blind eye once the issue turns to the govt funding of those millions of babies who will end up being all of our responsibility. I just don't understand how some can't see that or just choose to ignore it. (This would all be a great guilt trip if the same people gave two schits while illegals flood the country and have millions of kids. I'd also be interested in the data that shows abortion makes these poor decisions stop cold turkey, or data that shows the same person would have 20 kids instead of 5. I think when it gets to a point, it cramps their "style").

Lotsa false notions; The greatest one is that we need to fund bad behavior or it will get worse and that those who do not wish to do so are somehow the suspect, heartless ones.

What is most ironic is the fact that it is demanded a woman has a choice, yet some cannot have the choice (and I dare say right) not to fund it....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd say it would be cheaper for me to pay for the abortion from my tax dollars than the kid....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd say it would be cheaper for me to pay for the abortion from my tax dollars than the kid....

but with that statement you are depriving a child of life, and trust me there are millions of parents that would love to adopt a kid, but DFS is messing that up daily try to rehabilitate their drug addicted whore mothers

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by rost495

but with that statement you are depriving a child of life, and trust me there are millions of parents that would love to adopt a kid, but DFS is messing that up daily try to rehabilitate their drug addicted whore mothers

There are millions of kids in adoption agencies and orphanages right now.

Ain't like there's a shortage...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,457
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.