-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yes but DFS will not allow them to be adopted with out trying to put them back with there biological mother it can take months and years to adopt and oten times the child is taken back because the bio say they have parental rights, it is very disencouraging for anyone trying to adopt. I have seen many people get heartbroken over this issue because DFS alway has the final say never mind the confusion it causes for the child be put with new parents that live in a crack house after spending 2 years in a loving home with parent that really care it come down to the Bio's wanting there gov check and DFS readily handing it out.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
They ain't all that way, and there certainly ain't a shortage of kids waiting to be adopted.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
They ain't all that way, and there certainly ain't a shortage of kids waiting to be adopted.

i'm sure they are not all that way and no there is no shortage of kids "wanting to be adopted" but there are a lot of idiots who stand in the way

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How the hell can Lieberman call himself a man of God and support funding abortions? mad

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Lie-bermann is a political whore. Pure and simple.

Just like every other (R), (D), (I), (WTFever) up there in Washington.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

Amen!

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
However, I recongnize that if unplanned kids are born to young, poor girls, the kids may suffer from neglect and we (the taxpayer) may need to raise the kid (welfare or foster homes).

Ja, und next we need a final solution for dealing with the mentally defective and degenerate......

straw man argument anyway.....statistically, it's not young, poor girls who have abortions, they have babies. No stigma in the hood, and a meal ticket for life.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Should this be a cost-benefit analysis? How much is a human life worth? How much is your life worth?

The main question concerns when life starts. If you think it starts as soon as a baby completely makes its way out of the birth canal or is completely pulled out of a cut in a woman's abdomen, then whatever you do to the unborn is acceptable, is just up to the woman in whose body it is growing, and should be no business one way or the other of the government. If you think that the life has begun before a complete birth, then whether that life can be terminated on a whim is no more the choice of the woman than whether she can kill the baby after it has been born and is as much a concern of the government as whether a person can kill another human. When did your life start?

I wonder if retroactive abortion should be allowed up to age 21 and over the age of 75. If we are killing people for our convenience or to maximize a cost-benefit analysis, then there are other age groups besides the unborn that should be considered. Perhaps include groups that do not fit into our idea of what a normal person should be. Mental or physical defects could land a person in a disposable category. Let us not forget the ethnic and religious categories that might displease those who make and enforce the rules. Pray right or die. I seem to remember reading in the history books about a society that did something like this in Germany back in the 1930's and 1940's.

I am all for the government killing enemies to our country and criminals who kill innocent people but don't think our government should be involved in ending the lives of innocent people of any age.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
criminalizing abortion worked pretty well for the first 75 years of the 20th century. No women had abortions, no one died from botched bortions.... I fully expect that re-criminalizing it will be a success as well, like Prohibition.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
why don't you ask the thirty million Americans murdered since Roe v. Wade what they think of it? Oh, that's right, you can't.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
rhetoric is a poor substitute for reality.

Murphy was an optimist.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by rong
( Abortion is none of the government’s business including financing it.)nor ours!!!!
i dont feel any taxpayer money should be used,but also we shouldnt be able to tell a women what she can or cant do, jmo

Agree - 100%. The government has no business in the bedroom.

However, I recongnize that if unplanned kids are born to young, poor girls, the kids may suffer from neglect and we (the taxpayer) may need to raise the kid (welfare or foster homes).

Would be more cost efficient to reward welfare mothers for not having children. No rewards for having children/ pay for tube ties.

Like finished goods, were buying babies overseas and their being killed here. Think your congressmen look stupid, look around they are a true representation of the American voters. :(GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by rong
( Abortion is none of the government’s business including financing it.)nor ours!!!!
i dont feel any taxpayer money should be used,but also we shouldnt be able to tell a women what she can or cant do, jmo

Agree - 100%. The government has no business in the bedroom.

Would be more cost efficient to reward welfare mothers for not having children. No rewards for having children/ pay for tube ties.

Like finished goods, were buying babies overseas and their being killed here. Think your congressmen look stupid, look around they are a true representation of the American voters. :(GW

Amen, and amen.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

+1, it's a self enriching game. They're all a POS in my book.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Flyfast
criminalizing abortion worked pretty well for the first 75 years of the 20th century. No women had abortions, no one died from botched bortions.... I fully expect that re-criminalizing it will be a success as well, like Prohibition.

Were not living in the first 75 years of the 20th century. We have been blessed with birth control devices, monthly pills, education and day after pills for many years. Seems there should be another answer rather than just killing babies. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
i think what gets me about abortion is (and I've been thinking alot) my wife and i lost our first child about 2 months into the pregnacy, never before has something impacted my life like this. I lost a piece of my life that day and for someone to say it wasn't really a life or it didn't have a soul has some sort of major mental defect, you can't tell me when they show that first image on that little Black and white you don't feel something and if you don't you are no better than the Charles Mansons of this world. Now I know many women have made big mistakes we all have but to support the evil that is abortion is just sick I don't care how the baby got there it is still a life it has a soul. i guess on an up side that little soul never as to suffer in this world and no the trials and tribulation that we all deal with but life is a gift from God and who are we to stop it in it's pure innocense

You're wrong on that point, good Sir.
It's a spiritual defect. Everything begins in the realm of the spirit, including life itself. From there it enters the realm of the physical.
That people support a woman's "right" to make decisions pertaining to "her body" while bluntly and willfully disregarding the rights of the child inside her body is easily the biggest testament to a spiritual defect I can imagine.
"you will know them by their works."

Anyone with any sense whatsoever automatically deduces the woman forfeited a portion of the right over her own body when she chose to create a second life inside of it. At the moment of conception her body became the life support system of an additional life, one that is not her own. To call it a "decision over her own body" exposes utter moral depravity and a completely dysfunctional moral compass. Such disregard for human life sounds like something strait out of the koran.

Originally Posted by bender
To deny that the baby IS human, was ALWAYS human,can ONLY be human and is alive, is just foolish.

It's much worse than foolish.
It's evil.

Evil is defined as something which causes chaos and/or calamity. Could there be a bigger calamity in life than death?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Seems there should be another answer rather than just killing babies. GW

There are better answers but neither side wants to go there.

We need focus our energy on preventing unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place and if an unwanted pregancy does happen, encourage people to "choose" life.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Flyfast

Were not living in the first 75 years of the 20th century. We have been blessed with birth control devices, monthly pills, education and day after pills for many years. Seems there should be another answer rather than just killing babies. GW

Good point.

There are preventative measures available. When measure(s) chosen fail it is not the fault of the life created during the failure and that life should not be punished for it. Especially not punished with the death penalty... The simple and inarguable fact is, there is one fail proof measure that could have been selected, abstinence. A second simple and inarguable fact is also clear, that option was NOT selected.

Women who screw get knocked up. That is a fact. It's the most commonly used method of getting knocked up. Everyone knows that so I'm sure it comes as no surprise....
What is it about Americans these days believing they should have no responsibilities in life? and that everyone else should take up the slack for them as though it's owed to them? What is that, anyway?
Oh, I remember now.
It's a liberal thing...

Liberals don't seem to like the consequences of their actions, do they.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 04/05/11.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you ain't got the equipment to grow one ,or carry one.
Then you shouldn't have anything to say about it.
....Kinda reminds me of the ding dong dogooder from Indiana.
standing up in the house talking about wanting to defund planned parenthood.
Female house member stands up and says she had used planned parent hood to end a problem pregnancy.
Of course the dogooders never think about stuff like that.
If its got a hartbeat just let the mother die.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd say it would be cheaper for me to pay for the abortion from my tax dollars than the kid....

but with that statement you are depriving a child of life,

Besides the monetary factor.
In many cases it can save a unwanted baby from a life of horror.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, BigCreekRanger, 9 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.