Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Anyone have one of these? How are they? How do they compare to modern day scopes? For some reason I really like the look of these scopes, and have wanted one for a while, but unfortunately I've not found one for sale for what I'm willing to pay.

A friend has one, but doesn't really have anything nice to compare it to. Most of his other scopes are Simmons like the Whitetail Classic, and Tasco's like the World Class. I got to compare it in low light to them, and while the Redfield seemed clearer when looking at an object, it didn't seem much if any brighter which really surprised me. I'm super curious as to how it would compare to something like a Burris FFII or Leupold VX-II or similar now, but unfortunately, I've never had one of my scopes next to his to compare. I may have to take one of mine over there to compare, but I wondered if in the mean time if anyone else had one and had compared them to other scopes.

Are these worth picking up if I find one reasonable, or are they not as good as what I can get from a similar priced scope now adays?

I did find one at a local gun shop on a used Remington 700 7mm Mag rifle with a nice laminate stock. They want $700 for the combo, but I don't want to rifle, so I don't plan to buy it. I tried to get them to separate the scope from the rifle and sell me just the scope, but they wouldn't do it. Apparently no one else wants this rifle either as it's been there for months.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They were top of the line when they came out, I had two, and friends had three more. We have moved on to newer scopes, better coating and obviously better glass. I would still buy one if I got a deal, but would have to be deal. I see them at shows here in SC for $250 to $300. One friend still uses one and shoots deer every year.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10Glocks, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.