Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That'll shoe 'em! smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

(in my best Ed Sullivan voice) One of these days the American people are going to have a "really big shoe" for them fedral supremacists.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
It�s not up for a state to decide who is qualified to run for president,� said Tribe.

Then who is it up to? The federal election commission has no authority spelled out. They're only interest is campaign donations.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

�Anyone born inside the United States *
�Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
�Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
�Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
�Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
�Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
�Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
�A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

* There is an exception in the law � the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wouldn't be too surprised if Brewer signs it that Barry just ignores it. His administration has basically declared war on this state and it's very unlikely that he'd carry Arizona's electoral votes in the election. So he'll just ignore it, hope it goes away and doesn;t draw any additional attention to the issue.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
There's enough acronyms and abbreviations in this thread to really confuse an old [bleep] like me.....
Frosted jelly donut award to cross for FRA and archer for FOAD

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like it will challenged in court.

Ariz. plows controversial ground with birther bill - AP

But Richard Hasen, a University of California, Irvine professor who specializes in election law, said the candidate in such a case could go to federal court to seek an order preventing enforcement of the law on the grounds it would be an unconstitutional qualification for the office.

Hasen believes there's a good chance the law would get struck down, likely on the grounds that it adds an impermissible requirement for presidential candidates. "It depends on how a court would read the bill," he said.

Seel predicted the proposal would stand up in court because it relies on standards that the Department of Defense uses in making sure military applicants are U.S. citizens.

He said one fan of the measure is real estate tycoon and possible Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who last month appeared on ABC's "The View" and called on Obama to "show his birth certificate." Seel said he discussed the bill with Trump last week, and "he liked it."

Seel added that the measure was not intended as a snipe at the federal government.

"I wouldn't say that, but I am proud of my Republican colleagues (who voted for the bill)," he said. "It was a good day for the Constitution."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,100
Posts18,502,101
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.