Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
The best part was that the 'incident' took place in front of Golden Temple (popular and well-established Chinese food joint). When I pounced on the bird, grabbing him by the throat, cars on both sides of Beacon slammed on the brakes. One began honking furiously. The wife is totally freaked, but remains collected enough to hurriedly take my barked orders to open up the truck and grab a blanket. Picture it, two Asians, right in front of a Chinese food joint, snatching up some urban wildlife, wrapping the bastard up like a sack of potatoes, jumping in the truck and zooming off laughing. But I guess you had to be there.

The turkey, when I released him (unharmed in a suburban place, with land leading to woods) he bolted, but then stopped, turned and stared at us for like 30 seconds, looking like he was thinking, "did that just really happen?". He shat all over the blanket, but small price to pay.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yep, needed video.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
The best part was that the 'incident' took place in front of Golden Temple (popular and well-established Chinese food joint). When I pounced on the bird, grabbing him by the throat, cars on both sides of Beacon slammed on the brakes. One began honking furiously. The wife is totally freaked, but remains collected enough to hurriedly take my barked orders to open up the truck and grab a blanket. Picture it, two Asians, right in front of a Chinese food joint, snatching up some urban wildlife, wrapping the bastard up like a sack of potatoes, jumping in the truck and zooming off laughing. But I guess you had to be there.

The turkey, when I released him (unharmed in a suburban place, with land leading to woods) he bolted, but then stopped, turned and stared at us for like 30 seconds, looking like he was thinking, "did that just really happen?". He shat all over the blanket, but small price to pay.

Yep,..that would have been a good one. I'm suprised there wasn't a story on the nightly news about the "turkey snatchers" downtown.

Never caught a wild turkey,..did he make any attempt to spur you..?

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Never caught a wild turkey,..did he make any attempt to spur you..?

Didn't really give him the chance. He was walking straight down the middle of the subway/train tracks, where cars are angle parked nose-in to within maybe 5 feet of the tracks. I crossed the street, ran ahead up the hill, ran back across the street, and hid behind the front end of a truck ahead of him. I looked underneath the vehicle, and when I saw his feet in front of the rig I got ready, and lunged, like diving for home plate dive, and grabbed him by the throat with my right hand, and simultaneously snatched his body up from behind with my left, and bear hugging him. It effectively pinned his wings against his body, against my chest, with him facing away from me.

In hindsight it probably wasn't a great Asian PR display, feeding the rumor machine and jokes about mystery meats being served, but I simply could not resist. Thqat bird was not long for the world, running around subway tracks and busy urban streets, with Boston drivers zooming along doing their thing... 'Twere my good deed for the year. wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I should, in fairness to the turkey, add that we'd fed him a gingerbread man cookie prior to my jumping him. As far as any baiting allegations, we were feeding the pigeons. wink

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In hindsight it probably wasn't a great Asian PR display, feeding the rumor machine and jokes about mystery meats being served, but I simply could not resist. Thqat bird was not long for the world, running around subway tracks and busy urban streets, with Boston drivers zooming along doing their thing... 'Twere my good deed for the year. wink

Taken in the spirit of full disclosure that is really funny! wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I should, in fairness to the turkey, add that we'd fed him a gingerbread man cookie prior to my jumping him. As far as any baiting allegations, we were feeding the pigeons. wink
oh no- ginger and pepper kills birds

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by eyeball
oh no- ginger and pepper kills birds

Please elaborate.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.