Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Everytime I find a nice spot like that, some yuppie comes by on a mtn bike, ruining it for safe shooting...

ah just do a few shots over his head from a concealed position...

he won't be back... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rogue
Libs never ruin my hunting/shooting, I ruin their quiet nature outing.

Mike,

I noticed your post after I posted mine..

looks like it is a tough neighborhood to be a tree hugger down this way, isn't it.. cool

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm heading up there right now. Nice and cool out! I need to relocate one of the plates I put up, I didn't get it facing quite right towards me and so the bullets weren't hitting it square and it wasn't clanging (thwop!!) the way I like... grin...

Today I'll be shooting 7-08, 300 WM, and my .338 I think. Can't wait for the 7WSM to get here...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Have fun Jeff. Looks like we are going to have good weather for a couple of days anyway. Getting tired of the nonstop rain!!!@!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Lying on my belly up here on my "puss pad" waiting for barrels to cool and typing this on my iPhone! grin

Wind is wonky as usual up here. One direction at the plates, another from my shooting position. Net result is a dead-on hold though!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Double swirling dead hold...Always a classic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Libs never ruin my hunting/shooting, I ruin their quiet nature outing.

Mike,

I noticed your post after I posted mine..

looks like it is a tough neighborhood to be a tree hugger down this way, isn't it.. cool

Yep John,

I make a living outta pissing off those with poor bathing habbits.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe pissin off tree huggers is more of a lifestyle choice?

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I hugged a tree once... grin...

We'd just bought our 16 acres a year or so ago and our wacky neighbor was being foreclosed on by his own UNCLE (land sale contract). So, this wankers last move is to pull all the timber off the place literally the weekend before his eviction on Monday!

Our other neighbor had recently had the top part of his land surveyed, and from that survey it was easy to see that about 20' of land that the loser guy thought was "his", wasn't. 20' strip I mean. And part of that strip was on our land, and on it was (is) a stand of 5-6 big fir, including one that's almost old-growth in size.

So we got wind of it and were out there at dawn and sure enough, he sent the loggers right at that tree. Wife and I ran out and got between them and the saws.

I may cut that tree someday, but dammit it's my tree to decide about!

At first the loggers thought we were like earth firsters or something, but once it was clear it was a property dispute they backed off wacky neighbor then called the sheriff. Sheriif called in all our records.... crap, gotta go drink beer with a bud, will finish the story later.... smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff,

Guessin you don't hang out much in Caves Junction?

Mike

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeff,

Guessin you don't hang out much in Caves Junction?

Mike

I don't stop in CJ if I even have to take a dump....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love that place...

What a bunch of freaks. You should see Takilma.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drive slowly around that area with your windows down in the summer. 2 out of 3 houses are growing weed. The third is to stupid/stoned to grow it so they just steal it.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
... the rest of the story, and yes I have a gnarly hangover <grin>, is that this loser neighbor who is cutting down all the marketable timber on a property he's about to be foreclosed on, and trying to cut some of OUR trees, calls the sheriff when we go out and stop the loggers from cutting the ones that are clearly, as evidenced by the other neighbor's fresh survey, on our land...

The deputy comes and gets me, my wife, the neighbor and this little Napolean-complex [bleep] who's been renting a room from him, Randy was his name, in a group and asks for everyone's ID's. He calls them in. My wife comes up clean as the pure driven snow- nothing. I have a speeding ticket from 5 years ago or something like that. The neighbor, Phil, has a list of petty crap like DUI's and minor assault and so on... but his RENTER, that guy comes up as being on parole for attempted intentional murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and just on and on and on with all these violent crimes... so as you can imagine, the deputy then was quite sympathetic to our cause and kept one eye peeled towards Randy the whole rest of the time!

Wasn't sad to see that bastid leave. He tried to buy it after Phil got kicked out. We wrote a letter to the owners describing what we knew about him and saying that we'd make a big stink over the illegal septic system and so on if they sold it to him. I did NOT want that guy next to me!

So that's my tree-hugging story. We did literally hug that tree. It's big enough that the two of us, 20 years ago, couldn't get our arms around it, not even close... I've got a 6-foot plus wingspan, wife must be at least 5 feet, so it's way more than 11 feet in circumfrance...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
11 whole feet?

wow.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Dammit, that was a new sock!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Trade a lr session for a fishin' session?

Charlie

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Found this nice new spot about a week or so back. Haven't lased the distance to the base of the mountain yet but I'm pretty sure it farther than I've ever shot.

And it's 31 miles from my house. Not too bad crazy
[Linked Image]

Alan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GSSP- I think I may know about where that's at! wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of you guys out west is lucky bastids, very few spots to shoot long range in my area. I had to clear cut about seven acres right through some 20 year old plantation pines to get my range. I have about 20 steps out my back door into my shooting room, then I have to let the actuator raise the window in front of my benches, before I can use my 800 yard range. Luckily I have a buddy who has access to a spot where we can shoot a mile+ about 6 miles up the road. When I built my shooting room I added my reloading room into the same building. About 15 steps from my loading press to my shooting bench, and about the same distance from my bench is my machine shop. I can build em load for em and shoot em with very few steps.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,443
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.