Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by B.Obama
I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.

Very fitting sig line. Does O deserve credit for this? Yes, but obviously not entirely, just as most things that happen, especially for/to a first term president are not entirely his own making/doing.

One thing I can't help thinking when reading some of the more credible sounding text about this event, if a conservative had called in the troops based on "high confidence" that they had their guys, the libs would have taken them to task for it. In this case, the president (whom I don't generally think a whole lot of) made a very gutsy call, and it was a good call. I say, 'good for him and his administration', but praise is due where it is deserved, and Bush's hand is all over the intel that initiated much of the successes it took to bust this guy out. And some of that intel was not without great criticism from the left, the very same people who used that intel to advantage in order to accomplish this mission.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 05/05/11.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm tired of everybody stating Obama made a brave decision on giving the OK on the Navy Seal operation. He had NO CHOICE. Just think if he did not aprove of this operation and that decision would have leaked out , his political career would be over. This would be a lot worse even if the CIA mission failed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He did what we would hope, any "Commander in Chief" would do. I don't think it was anything outstanding. It could have been devastating had he not acted.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not making a decision is an Obama trait after all. He was present and voted present just like he did in Illinois. Not a yes, not a no......just present.....no decision on his part. However, since the op did not go south with heavy innocent casualties or heavy loss of SEAL lives, he will be flapping his pie hole about HIS successful operation, and HIS difficult decision ad infinitum. He is more self centered than even Bill Clinton if you can imagine that. I, ME, MY, are the most common words he will use in a positive light. Megalomania reigns in the White House.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1badf350, 1234, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,045
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.