Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
So tragic, yet so predictable...

Published: May 2, 2011 - UPDATED: 11:20 a.m.
Comments (11) The American flag over LSU�s Memorial Tower was cut down and burned early Monday in the hours after Osama bin Laden�s death was reported, the university confirmed.

LSU Police responded to a call at about 5:15 a.m. Monday concerning the flags being cut down from the tower, said LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard.

�The American flag was burning and the LSU flag was missing,� Ballard said.

LSU Police are investigating the incident, he said.

Dustin Englehart, an LSU student and U.S. Army veteran who served in Iraq, said he was disappointed to hear about the desecration, especially after the initial reaction of �accomplishment and peace� over bin Laden�s death,

�That�s not the reaction we�re looking for,� Englehart said of the vandalism. �To have it happen in our own backyard, it�s like a step backwards

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd say your analysis of the situation is badly flawed.

The despicable act was done to LSU, not by LSU. Hardly something an LSU fan would be involved in.
I have a lot of family in that area. While we don't agree on SEC sports, I can guarantee that the folks that live there are not the sort that would do that.

I'd be looking for muslims, or followers of Rev. Wright, not a bunch of coon azz Cajuns.

Sam......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
So tragic, yet so predictable...

Published: May 2, 2011 - UPDATED: 11:20 a.m.
Comments (11) The American flag over LSU�s Memorial Tower was cut down and burned early Monday in the hours after Osama bin Laden�s death was reported, the university confirmed.

LSU Police responded to a call at about 5:15 a.m. Monday concerning the flags being cut down from the tower, said LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard.

�The American flag was burning and the LSU flag was missing,� Ballard said.

LSU Police are investigating the incident, he said.

Dustin Englehart, an LSU student and U.S. Army veteran who served in Iraq, said he was disappointed to hear about the desecration, especially after the initial reaction of �accomplishment and peace� over bin Laden�s death,

�That�s not the reaction we�re looking for,� Englehart said of the vandalism. �To have it happen in our own backyard, it�s like a step backwards

WTF is wrong with you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd stroll over to the Muslim Students Association and start getting some finger prints and DNA samples. Just sayin'.

when I was in law school, there used to be bunch of Iranian students, going to LSU taking geology or engineering on the Shah's tab.....they were all either commies or Khomeinie fans, and they would constantly mau mau at Free Speech alley about the shah and how bad he was. then the hostages got grabbed and they became instantly invisible....went home that summer and very few of them ever came back.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I'd stroll over to the Muslim Students Association and start getting some finger prints and DNA samples. Just sayin'.

when I was in law school, there used to be bunch of Iranian students, going to LSU taking geology or engineering on the Shah's tab.....they were all either commies or Khomeinie fans, and they would constantly mau mau at Free Speech alley about the shah and how bad he was. then the hostages got grabbed and they became instantly invisible....went home that summer and very few of them ever came back.

Steve is a Texan who volunteered to upgrade the Louisiana gene pool. cool

Sgt. John D. McKeel,Jr. spent 444 days over there. He told me that his captors could not understand the anger of America over so few people.
But hell, jimmah was in charge. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy on those Coon AZZ Cajuns ya'll hear! I got relatives down that way and I know damn well it wasn't an LSU fan or student unless the SOB is from the middle east etc.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I would imagine it was one of the many muslim students that are not only on the LSU campus but most places of higher education around this nation. I wished many years ago they would send them back, but they have not. I suspect that it would be less damage to the perpetrator(s) if the police find them before some of the good ol' boys do. But I would probably like it better if the good ol' boys found them first.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
after the hostages got grabbed, they tried their speechifying about one more time and some of the football boys were getting ready to play "stomp the raghead" until campus police intervened to protect the Iranian students. They never tried again.

Tiger were 7-5 that year...typical Charlie Mac season....but they were plenty good enough to send the muzzies to meet Allah in rather damaged condition.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very few people realize that the only thing more patriotic than a Texan is a coonass...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like Texians, they ain't much on subtleties and nuance.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...on a side note, I thought about you quite a bit this evening. I bought an expensive cigar to celebrate and tryed to smoke it. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
how'd that work out for you?

My host during the Katrina exile was in town tonight from Houston, so the missus and I took him to Chris's, which I followed up with a nice fresh hand rolled Churchill from the cigar shop across from Galatoire's. Toasts were made to the United States Navy....a good time was had by all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tryed, but about $3 worth of a $14 cigar was about it. The scotch was good though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
stayed away from those danged ol' wet rocks, I hope?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It'll take another couple of million years before I can find a rock around here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At Pittsburg State University, a medium-size, NCAA Div.II college, there were quite a few incidents after the hostages were taken. I remember one where some Iranian Camel Jockey was beaten by some patriotic Americans with a baseball bat. Our leaders have been way too liberal with letting foreigners into our midst both illegally and legally, for many years. This puts us all at risk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Very few people realize that the only thing more patriotic than a Texan is a coonass...

"The Sabine River!"

blush

Sorry, Wrong Punchline! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by ltppowell

"The Sabine River!"

blush

Sorry, Wrong Punchline! grin

Sycamore
"Wait a minute! Mister, have you ever been to Nacodoches?"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Predictable my AZZZ!!!!!
You're a dumbazz!!!!!!
It sure wasn't an LSU fan.....

GO PHUUCK YOURSELF!!!!!!

The dumbazz(es) hope the police get to em first!!!!!!NOT
some of the TIGER fans!!!!!

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
update on the flag burning .... this trash needs to be sent back to Columbia or better yet, get a rope !!!

You can run, but you can't hide when you disgrace the Stars and Stripes

BATON ROUGE, La. � Police have issued an arrest warrant for a 23-year-old Louisiana State University student with dual U.S. and Colombian citizenship on charges that he cut down and burned a U.S. flag that flew 24 hours a day at the campus War Memorial, the school said Wednesday.

The warrant by LSU police accuses Isaac Eslava of two felony counts of criminal damage to property and one each of arson, theft, resisting an officer and possessing drug paraphernalia, a news release said.

Campus police Sgt. Blake A. Tabor said he does not know why the flag was cut down early Monday. "We probably will not know that until we get him back into custody, if he decides to talk," Tabor said.

An LSU flag cut down with the U.S. flag, a piece of Eslava's clothing, drug paraphernalia and red and black spray paint were found in a stolen car, according to the news release.

It said campus police found a knife that had fibers from the flag mast on it, and that someone spray-painted red and black graffiti on apartments north of campus early Monday.

Repair costs to the war memorial are estimated at $7,530 and repair costs at The Venue Apartments are estimated at $400, according to LSU.

The news release said Eslava is believed to have fled to Atlanta. He may have left there, Tabor said.

A Facebook page for Isaac Eslava Alvarado listed him as a member of LSU's Class of 2010 from Cali, Colombia. It went off line shortly after The Associated Press sent a Facebook message asking him to call or send an email.

No Baton Rouge phone listing could be located for Eslava.

[Linked Image]

www.raginblaze.com - Cajun Seasoning with a Southwest Flare

Low sodium, No MSG, infused with smoked chipotle peppers

other seasonings/mixes: taco, chili, fajita, jerky, sausage seasoning, seafood boil, N.O. style coffee & chicory, beignet mix.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,213
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.