Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
iddave: EXACTLY, That 1410. is almost 3 xs what I paid for my Tikka T 3 Lite SS in '07 or 08.

Now, the same T3 is 620. I believe ?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to spend $1400 + tax when EXCEPTIONAL firearms can be bought for SO MUCH LESS.

I remember when a Kleingunther, Colt Sauer, Weatherby Mk V (or whatever) was 700-800.

"I BELIEVE" the reason the price of firearms is so high -- people will pay the price.

If people quit paying their price-- they would come down!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna buy one. I hear that a 150 class buck comes with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by iddave

From where I'm sitting, Beretta needs to focus on what their customers are saying and donkey punch the dip$hits in their marketing department.

grin grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
Does it come with a bag of corn?

That was funny. grin

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
jwall, i agree !! i hated shelling out big bucks for a glorified t3
but i liked the way it looked so much !!! kinda like when you go shopping for a wife !
common sense says buy a syn./birch savage, stick a tasco/simmons on it and drop by the walmart and pick up a chinese bino and a $14 dollar a box ammo and go fill your tag, but wheres the fun in that ??
some guys are sick enough to have 2 safes full of big game rifles but always grab the same one every year when seasons come around regardless of the species..you know the .243 for the doe, the 25-06 for the antelope, the .270 for the deer, the .338 for the elk, the 300 for the combo deer/elk, the stw for the beanfield, the 45/70 for the timber and then grab either your .280, 30-06, or 7mm rem. like you do every other time on opening day !
couldnt really justify buying that tecomate when theres $$$$$$$ dollars sitting in the safe already that havent even been shot yet, but those damn beer goggles got put on again !!

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
At least Tecomate doesn't sound like another way to say homo. I mean bonecollector? Seriously? Who came up with THAT name???

It's not anti-Capitalistic at all cuz I don't fault anyone who wants this rifle. For me all this hype with farm-fed deer, attaching a TV show name to a rifle, and then putting up advertisements like the OP REALLY turns me off and is enough to make me look at other rifles. You want to advertise on this site? Pay Rick to do so!

The Sako folks ought to see this thread. It sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Originally Posted by rost495
looks like david morris has the extended arm photo technique down pretty good...

Dude, you just apologized to John Burns and now you're talkin out of your a$$ again...178" is big anywhere especially FREE RANGE CO!!! Just sayin....

I never said it wasn't big, I was just laughing at the fact that the photos are set up with arms extended like folks do to try to make things look bigger still. Thats a large set of antlers. You don't see those every day.

Rost, gotcha player. Funny thing is, the pictures we have dont do the buck justice at all. He's MUCH better in person

Most times on large animals the photo does not do justice. Just never liked the extended arm thing with fish or deer. Wife was a photographer for papers for almost 25 yeras or so. We know how many pics you have to take to get a decent one. Hell in the film days... you'd take a roll of 36 hoping you'd turn one out decently. Anyway this thread got way OT really quick like they do here often enough.

Damn shame a first post from some is simply free advertising and they never come back again, thats what gripes me. You want to advertise, then do it, the right way.

I ain't seen nothing much from you that ain't been a stud, probably nothing IIRC. Wishing I had the cash sometimes when you post pics...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
So Sako is associating itself with penned bucks sold by the inches of rack. Good, now I know what to bring to that certin kind of hunt, and I would probably need a hunting suit from Saks.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stray Dog & efw: You fellows are casting aspersions or making accusations that are blatantly not true.

1. I see thru Sako, DM. et.al. on this commercial, name dropping rifle thing and I'm not having any. If anyone wants to pay that much extra, it's THEIR MONEY.

2. "Farm fed" deer is stretching things. Several times diff. people on the show talk about mature bucks that NO ONE has seen before. Yes, David has a farm but the deer are not in cattle lots.

3. "Penned bucks" is slander and you have to prove your point.
Every hunting 'ranch' that I have even looked at, has their hunts ranked by size of buck desired.

I'm not crazy about that idea BUT if I had a ranch in Tx., deer are more profitable than cattle these days.

4. I am opposed to free advertising under the PRETENSE of participating on any forum TOO! !

Just Food For Thot! ! No sarcasm.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by StrayDog
So Sako is associating itself with penned bucks sold by the inches of rack. Good, now I know what to bring to that certin kind of hunt, and I would probably need a hunting suit from Saks.

How so? Is the Tecomate Ranch high fenced?

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/09/11.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JWALL
I'm not crazy about that idea BUT if I had a ranch in Tx., deer are more profitable than cattle these days.

Yes, yes they are,....and there in lies the whole kernnel of corn if you will.....Is all about contracts, percentages and the cut of the overall market....Ain't got [bleep] to do with hunting,... but it does have alot (everything) to do with money....
Where is Jackie Bushman in this thread? ( I reckon even a blind can hog can find acorns!!) ...I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet!... AND LETS NOT FORGET JIMMY HOUSTON!!!!! crazy .. whistle

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
JGRaider: No it's NOT SO, high fence is just an EMPTY criticism.

Farm Fed deer is only true in a BROAD sense.

Penned Bucks is a LIE!

"tndrbuster" Yes, ALL HUNTING, FISHING, etc. shows participate and SOMEONE tell me/us what's SO MORALLY, ILLEGALLY, or otherwise WRONG with them. If you don't like them DON'T WATCH.

MY OPINION ONLY-- sounds like JEALOUSY pure and simple.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by trophydeer
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market. It is essentially a custom gun at production prices. The rifle is accurate, well-balanced, good looking, and loaded with custom features, including an awesome trigger and safety assembly, a full-length aluminum bedding system, one of the best designed and most functional stocks on the market, the recoil-taming Pachmayr Decelerator(r) Recoil Pad, and a custom-grade fluted barrel. No wonder it is guaranteed to shoot 1-inch or less 3-shot groups! When paired with the low profile Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope mounted on low Leupold Weaver-type rings, you have a fast-pointing combination with solid cheek-to-stock weld that makes the rifle a virtual extension of the shooter. Chambered for the powerful, flat-shooting .270 WSM and .300 WSM, the Sako A7 Tecomate lives up to it claim as the "Ultimate Whitetail Rifle" and is, in fact, the ideal rifle for anything in North America and African plains game. You can check out www.tecomate.com for more info or questions on the rifle.

wow, another [bleep] advertising troll. shocked

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Read the original post again jwall......
Originally Posted by trophydeer
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market. It is essentially a custom gun at production prices. The rifle is accurate, well-balanced, good looking, and loaded with custom features, including an awesome trigger and safety assembly, a full-length aluminum bedding system, one of the best designed and most functional stocks on the market, the recoil-taming Pachmayr Decelerator(r) Recoil Pad, and a custom-grade fluted barrel. No wonder it is guaranteed to shoot 1-inch or less 3-shot groups! When paired with the low profile Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope mounted on low Leupold Weaver-type rings, you have a fast-pointing combination with solid cheek-to-stock weld that makes the rifle a virtual extension of the shooter. Chambered for the powerful, flat-shooting .270 WSM and .300 WSM, the Sako A7 Tecomate lives up to it claim as the "Ultimate Whitetail Rifle" and is, in fact, the ideal rifle for anything in North America and African plains game. You can check out www.tecomate.com for more info or questions on the rifle.

It is just a biased sales pitch that has its merit soley based on marketing and half assed personal opinion....Just like damn near 100% of marketing stratigies aimed at the hunting industry today( and 100% of the retail sales across the board).I have heard the same BS about everything from tennis shoes to the george forman grill.. ..
Just because it has the name Tecomate attached it, that apparently gives them free reign to make any accusation or claim it wants to in the name of marketing. thats the bottom line pure and simple. Why would basicly last years gun all of a sudden be this years miracle firearm just because it now carrys the tecomate signature? confused And has been addressed in this thread, there are a whole list of production fire arms that are every bit as much of a value for the price and them some...I just picked a winchester super grade that I didn't pay near what this gun is being retailed for, but then I can't point to the tecomate signature to all of my buddys can I? (roll eyes)... but I will put its craftsmanship and shooting characteristics right up there with it....

"tndrbuster" Yes, ALL HUNTING, FISHING, etc. shows participate and SOMEONE tell me/us what's SO MORALLY, ILLEGALLY, or otherwise WRONG with them. If you don't like them DON'T WATCH.

MY OPINION ONLY-- sounds like JEALOUSY pure and simple.

No jealosy involved with me I assure you.And as far as I know there is nothing illegal or imoral about this advertising stratigy what so ever. More power to em. cool .. But is the same old story, don't take offence because folks that are not on thier first train ride call it for what it is....
If the poster thinks that this gun is the best thing since pockets on shirts thats fine by me...just don't come out with your first post ever and try to sell me on a pig with lipstick and all the reasons that YOU think I should marry it!... wink smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hell with the rifle, check out this bargain.

Tecomate 'Signature' property listing...a steal at $7 million complete with 70 acres....laughin'
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Hell with the rifle, check out this bargain.

Tecomate 'Signature' property listing...a steal at $7 million complete with 70 acres....laughin'
[Linked Image]

LOL,...I can just the guy that buys it carrying around his deed with him and pointing out to every body....
"SEE,...it says TECOMATE!!!! WHhoooHooooooo grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First thing I'd do is spend $100k on a fancy 'gate' entrance to the 'ranch'.....grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider

This guy killed this buck on the neighboring property to our whitetail place......he's got his arms stretched out too. I'm guessing he doesn't care.

[Linked Image  <br><br> </div></div><br>High fence?</div>
<br>

</div>

</td></tr>

</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<div id=
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
tndrbstr: Either I misread your intention OR you misread mine.

I thot you were agreeing w/me. My comments were in reference to at least 2 others.

I posted that I "wasn't having any of their advertising here, and am NOT buying the Tecomate A7 at their price.

I didn't think you were expressing jealousy. One stated they were farm fed deer. Another stated penned bucks.

I might be mistaken again, but I think you and I are on the same page.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
tndrbstr: Either I misread your intention OR you misread mine.

I thot you were agreeing w/me. My comments were in reference to at least 2 others.

I posted that I "wasn't having any of their advertising here, and am NOT buying the Tecomate A7 at their price.

I didn't think you were expressing jealousy. One stated they were farm fed deer. Another stated penned bucks.

I might be mistaken again, but I think you and I are on the same page.

Probly are....when I highlited the "YOU" in last part of my post I was referancing the original poster and not you personaly....sorry for not makin myself a little more clear.... cool

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.099s Queries: 54 (0.009s) Memory: 0.9170 MB (Peak: 1.0232 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-05-04 03:45:25 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS