Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
On 4/3/11 I stick a bipod on the classifieds. Same morning I get an offer via PM and we strike a deal in the middle. I receive the guy's email and mailing address the same day. Guy says he'll do PP or a check, I opt for the check, he says it'll be in the mail asap. A couple days later I send the bipod off with a delivery confirmation tag on it.

It gets to it's destination on 4/11, no check. Sent PM to inquire a bit, just to see if there was a problem. On 4/14 he finally answers back and claimed he was out of town all week and a check was in the mail on 4/13. I answer back with a no problem, just good to know.

PM's sent by me on a weekly basis through 5/1. Finally on 5/3 I get a response. Guy doesn't know what could have gone wrong, this time his screwy secretary must be at fault. Check will be in the mail asap....again.

So we just passed the 4 week anniversary of the arrival of the bipod and I've seen nothing but promises. FWIW I have lobbed a couple of emails to him, .....no response.

I always tend to believe folks are honest until they give a reason not to think that. Typically, when I sell something here the buyer has it the same day or even before I receive payment and that's the way it oughta be. Trust on these boards is a two way street.

Maybe he's being straight with me, but sheeesh, he must have the worst mail service in the country.

So how long is long enough? It's only sixty bucks, not going to break me, but that's not the issue.

Black Cows Matter!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd say you've been more than patient and it's time for the buyer to cough up the money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1. Does he live in Alaska, Iowa, Oregon, Oklahoma, New Jersey? Got people there......

It's not the destination...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
muleshoe,

A month is TOO long. I have both sent and received merchandise that was not yet "paid for", but it doesn't take too many of these bad deals

to see why most folks want the funds up front.

I have had thousands of dollars worth of dealings on both the Campfire, Ebay and ArcheryTalk, but the only time I ever got stiffed was a $45.00 pair of Sitka pants from a guy in Oregon from AT.

Honesty and communication are what makes these free forums work. It's guys like your bipod and my Sitka pants that could ruin it for everyone.

donsm70

PS. At least for now, I'm glad to see that you are taking the high road in not putting his name out in front of everyone. Of course, that could (and should) come later if he doesn't man up.

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you talked to him - on the phone?

That'd be the best way of getting a feel for what's going on.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I can cover Indiana and Illinois if he lives there. I do the same thing, ship the day the deal is made. Haven't had any problems but can't stand when there is no communication.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe its time to "flame" him. Course if he's a douch bag it won't make any difference.

"If you don't stand up for what you believe,,you stand for nothing"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Time's up...

Back in December I sent a simple first class envelope with an extractor in it to Maine - it took seven long weeks to appear.... So, mail can definitely be funky. This, however, sounds like you're getting the run around.

Good luck and please don't let any deal slide - a deal is a deal and the buyer needs to make good.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Oh this is not going to just slide. The money is not the issue here as we all know. This is aggravating as hell.

I don't have his phone number, I'm sure I could do the google thing and find it.

Not quite ready to send the folks over to "talk" yet. Do appreciate the offer. grin

Just completed a deal with nsaqam for a pair of Minox binoculars. Start to finish was 4 days, my check got to him today, his binos got to me today. Just exactly how it oughta work.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I sent a check to a member here for an rifle. I got the rifle and he got no check till his neighbor brought it over to him as it was delivered to the wrong house. I was ready to send another check and relieved when he pm'ed me and told me what happened. Shxt happens.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You've been more than accommodating but I'd wait until the middle of the month before I started to name names.
It is a testament to your character that you haven't done so already.
I think you'll have your money shortly because I just cannot believe that a person would let their honor be trashed for $60.

Thanks for the perfect transaction Muleshoe!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Has the check bounced yet?

grin

Black Cows Matter!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
out him.......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sucks chasing money huh? This guy should be making a better effort to locate your check, though some guys just don't give a [bleep].

ASAP on the members name, you might save someone here the same aggravation.

Sorry to hear this muleshoe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Has the check bounced yet?

grin

Yep, that baby bounced so high it went into orbit!

You better send me another one! laugh

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Having known Muleshoe for several years, hunted with him and even done a couple rifle deals with him,He is without a doubt one of the nicest fellows you will ever come across.
Hope that this gets resolved.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have done only a few transactions here on the fire. I send USPO MO in the regular mail. I do not expect someone to send it before they recieve funds. I do send scanned copies of the MO and envelope, but the last couple of transactions, I send a e-mail or a PM and let them know what is going on. I have started including a contact number. I agree communication is important and responsiveness is a sure behavioral indicator of their motavation. I know I would not let this go on for a month, so my best wishes to you that the person you dealt with is a man of integrity. But I think this has gone on WAY TO LONG. Make sure you all of know who this is if they don't pay up. I am So. California

Last edited by DeerSkinner; 05/10/11.

Rick

Life is not a spectator sport, get out and have fun.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jimmy, good to see you around again.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well another week has rolled on by and still no contact. Did notice he was online on the 14th but he did not open my PM's.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's past the middle of the month and I may have given this guy too much credit. Apparently he's fine with his name being trashed over $60!
Astonishing to me but that seems to be the case.

Time to start naming names IMO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 31 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,007
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.