Print Thread
Hop To
L
laker Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Im looking at either one of these bows, which would be the better bow for hunting? Why would you pick that bow over the other one?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
AIRBORNE... but mostly because I dislike PSE (although I do like their Dream Season X-force), but in general I don't trust the PSE.

I've owned a few (and shot many more) Bowtech's and like them.

But you should really get the one that you're most comfortable with, and shoots best for you.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shoot the 82nd and really like it but it isn't for everyone. It has a very short brace height and will make your flaws in your form show up really fast. Other than that it's a great bow and I've had no problems. It is definitely fast. I'm shooting a 430gr arrow at 302fps pulling 65 pounds.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PSE=Pull Shoot Explode. or PSE=Pieces Scattered Everywhere

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
PSE has a lot to offer since 2008. They have some nice bows out. Bowtech is a nice bow,but the limbs are not that great.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I shoot an '08 82nd Airborne. It is fairly easy to shoot for a speed bow. It does have noticeable cam lean at full draw but doesn't seem to affect how it shoots. Not too loud either. Haven't shot any of the new PSE's so can't comment on them.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i shoot an omen and they are really nice shooting bows..the draw is a little stiff, but thats to be expected..but im shooting a 433 grain arrow at 29 inch draw and55 pounds at 295 fps..i had a 70 lb omen that shot 341 w/ a 395 grain arrow last year...and i could keep it in the 10 ring of a 3d deer 5 out of 6 shots..but if your form is lacking youll see it in a hurry

CM2(scw) USN Seabees
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
thats why i went with the hoyt. bowtech limbs are suspect and every PSE i have picked up was loud and hand shock out the wazoo. havent shot the omen but the ones i tried were enough to convince me to look elsewhere

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
all of the pse's ive tried in the past 2 years have been deadly quiet and shock free...thats just my opinion, and it may differ from anyone elses...but nowadays you really cant get a bad bow, theres just some that feel better than others...my opinion would be go shoot as many in your price range as you can get your hands on, and reguardless of whose name is on the limbs, go w/ the one that keeps bringing you back..speed is nice, but deer wont know the difference between 340+ fps and 270 fps...a sharp broadhead in the lungs will kill either way

CM2(scw) USN Seabees
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by navyman20
all of the pse's ive tried in the past 2 years have been deadly quiet and shock free...thats just my opinion, and it may differ from anyone elses...but nowadays you really cant get a bad bow, theres just some that feel better than others...my opinion would be go shoot as many in your price range as you can get your hands on, and reguardless of whose name is on the limbs, go w/ the one that keeps bringing you back..speed is nice, but deer wont know the difference between 340+ fps and 270 fps...a sharp broadhead in the lungs will kill either way

I completely agree with this... Except if it says Mathews on it, than it's a complete POS. I don't care how much everyone else LOVES Mathews or what new model they come out with, I will never own one... EVER. I can find something else, maybe it wont be as "nice" (I highly doubt that though) as the next great Mathews, but at least it won't have that POS name on it.

Sorry just my anti-Mathews rant.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PSE and Mathews both make great bows. Mathews are hardly POS bows. PSE went down hill in a big way after Pete Shepley retired, but now he is back and they are making the fastest and most innovative bows on the market in my opinion.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got both a PSE Axe 6 and a Bowtech Destroyer 350. Both are super good bows. Hard to go wrong there either way.
PSE has been around for decades. Since the 70's at least.
I'm tired of hearing silly little fanboys tout only one bow and put down others. Usually they are the ones with almost no experience.
Same as always...... try lot's and find one that works good for you!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,346
Posts18,526,939
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.