Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
no not all mlers get the crud ring a good primer will get rid of that dummies,man i never seen a bunch of guys so quick to jump on a band wagon apex is like most cvas [bleep] junk. i got several knights and any of them will put a cva to shame i can shoot 1moa at 200 yards.oh my god some more guys on the [bleep] barnes kick.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey maconcountyboy I sighted my hawken 50 cal with a round ball for 500 yards know right where it hits about 350 short . you an swampy make a good pair I can see everthing junk except what you guys have

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL they have special low temp 209 primers that HELP the crud ring, but no magic cure.

The only way you wont have a crud ring is if you shoot a dirty muzzle loader and allows the hot gasses escape and in the mean time, foul up your bolt- plunger - action. In other words, if you shoot an old knight without the lehigh conversion, you're fudged!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Google Dangerous Muzzleloaders

It's not just the older ones....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by maconcountyboy
no not all mlers get the crud ring a good primer will get rid of that dummies,man i never seen a bunch of guys so quick to jump on a band wagon apex is like most cvas [bleep] junk. i got several knights and any of them will put a cva to shame i can shoot 1moa at 200 yards.oh my god some more guys on the [bleep] barnes kick.

Anytime anywhere dumbphuck but your social schedule is probably busy dating Swampy and all.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Google Dangerous Muzzleloaders

It's not just the older ones....

Every firearm maker out there has had a firearm go up due to misuse. Take a look at toby bridges savage MLer and the 2 savages that randy wakeman blew up. Good luck getting him to tell you about that though wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone knows Toby blew that gun up on purpose. Not the case with the CVAs.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
smokeless powder used in a CVA isnt done on purpose. Its done by those who are uneducated do to lack of common sense and eyes that pass over the " use black powder only!!" stamped right on the side of the barrel.

Lets not get started on remingtons lawsuits!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Google Dangerous Muzzleloaders...

I always wondered where you got your opinions on firearms.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hey can I get in on this?

Originally Posted by bigblock455

Whats the Apex picky about?

They are picky about the person behind the trigger. => Nah thats not even true. Check out what the guys over at Max Muzzleloader.com have to say. I love mine.

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
PJH

I cant tell you anything about the CVA your looking at .
But there ARE a lot of folks making posts to you that do have actual experience with it .
Swamps not one of them IMO .

Yes you can google and find issues with CVA . Your even going to find a given person who as was said makes his living from other manufactures kickbacks .
It should be noted that this same person can be remembered by many folks around different campfires , when he himself was asking questions on subjects . So I would point out that while he has written many a book . It doesn�t mean he has any real practical knowledge either.
But that�s all another topic .

IMO this whole quality issue is nothing more then desperate attempts by given manufactures , to do everything they can to hold onto a market .

CVA has been around longer then a lot of the people on this forum . Say what you like , but the fact still remains that while companies like Knight , have closed their doors , CVA is still here
Even when CVA was sold , it was bought up quickly . When CVA shut down their traditional lines . Those lines were also Picked up . Not so with other companies .
doesn�t that seem kind of an odd thing to have happen if all the roomer and Internet Bla bla from a few folks held much weight.
has CVA had problems , sure . but as was said by another poster . so has just about every manufacture if they have been in business for very long . Sadly , a whole lot of those issues also come from operator error . Other times its not .

My advice to you would be to listen to folks like smokepole , bigblock Oldel , Savage .
IMO they wont play games with you and will give you advise based on actual experience .
Also if you think they are partial to the CVA , ask them about a different maker . Be it Knight , Savage , Remington � . Any one of them I believe will do their best to give you information that they know , or at least tell you they don�t know

Last edited by captchee; 05/14/11.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plenty of experience and I lived to tell about it. Not everyone can say that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Brilliant observation. If they didn't live, by definition they couldn't say that so you're right for once.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Swampman just can't seem to get himself into the 21st century CVA's and out of the dark ages.Maybe he secretly works for TC!
Honestly,i own 5 CVA's including an Apex,Optima Elite,a new Optima and a laminated stock version of the Kodiak.All are reliable,shoot great,and easy to maintain.If you do buy one,i shoot 2 or 3 50 grain 777 pellets behind 250gr SST'S and my Optima Elita and Apex both group 1"-1 1/4" at 100 yards.If you don't want to spend the extra money for the Apex and just want the muzzleloader,the new Optima with the spped breech is a great buy at around $200 on Gunbroker for the stainless version.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
i agree, the new optima is a beast! Mine logged in a bit over 2,400 shots last year and its not even a year old yet!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
hey you dumb [bleep] i happen to own 3 cva rifles the cva optima elite is my favorite. it shoots loose t7 good,and some dumbass recomended shooting pellets wtf. ya id like to see that roundball shoot at 500 yds what a dumbass.. yes research the primers and youll find out that some are not as hot as others,any beginner reloader or 8th grader would know that.my knights are 2 bighorns 1 long range hunter thats a true sub moa shooter at 200 yds and a disc elite. i have a new knight on order as we speak.i just had bad luck with a apex and uys cant accept that because they are fan boys.i wouldnt trade my optima elite for 10 apex rifles

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
im curious to what the problem was with your apex?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by maconcountyboy
hey you dumb [bleep] i happen to own 3 cva rifles the cva optima elite is my favorite. it shoots loose t7 good,and some dumbass recomended shooting pellets wtf. ya id like to see that roundball shoot at 500 yds what a dumbass.. yes research the primers and youll find out that some are not as hot as others,any beginner reloader or 8th grader would know that.my knights are 2 bighorns 1 long range hunter thats a true sub moa shooter at 200 yds and a disc elite. i have a new knight on order as we speak.i just had bad luck with a apex and uys cant accept that because they are fan boys.i wouldnt trade my optima elite for 10 apex rifles

Alright first, watch the name calling, this is the internet. Don't take any of this personal (just ask Swampy). It makes you sound defensive and ignorant.

The op asked about brands of muzzle loaders and wanted opinion's. I don't believe his intent was to go with the loudest voice. The fact that you 1) own both CVA and Knight means you could have offered some good factual advice and 2) that you can shoot under 2 inches at 200 yards with a muzzle loader means you have some experience (note: You're not the only one that can achieve that feat) although a good tool helps.

All that being said, I've never own a Knight, but I'm not going to bad mouth them because others have sworn by them. Others' still have sworn by Traditions, Savage, Bad Bull, T/C, etc; while others' countered with negative comments about the same brands.

Make your recommendations and leave it on the table.

I will say, and this isn't a knock on the op, these "hey which <blank> do you recommend" threads can get personal because everyone has their personal favorites.

I'll stop there. By the way to some wtf means "Why The Frown". So turn that frown upside down and have another cold one ... uh root beer that is ... yeah root beer. Alcohol and firearms don't mix well =>

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

'nuff said!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bigblock455
[Linked Image]

'nuff said!
oh i forgot you work for cva,and your son also right...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.