Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
1. Quitter

There is no quit in Palin or she would not be still standing after the crap she has had to endure.
More than any other by far.

If you don�t understand why the Governor resigned, the good valid and smart reasons for doing so�that is your problem.

2. Bridge to Nowhere

You mean the one Gov. Palin cancelled the funds for?
She could have done that sooner, maybe better, but it did get cancelled.

During her inaugural address on December 4, 2006, Governor Palin pledged responsible spending.
On January 17, 2007, she sent a revised budget to the president of the Alaska Senate that would restrict capital spending and rescinded the $185M state share of the bridge funding.
In August 2007, Alaska's Department of Transportation stated that it was "leaning" toward alternative ferry options, citing bridge costs and the reluctance of Governor Palin to pay the state's match to the appropriated federal funds.
A month later, in September 2007, Palin formally canceled the project
Palin stated:
�Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer. Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it�s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island. Much of the public�s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I think Daniels will be the dark horse and his running mate would be crucial.

I suspect Daniels will be all lined up with one, or close to it, if he declares.

As for him being a RINO, I don't see it.

Condoleeza Rice is what I heard at the State dinner..

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

The Republican nominee will be Romney. Notice I didn't say "should be" I said "will be".

You can take it to the bank.

If that is the truth this is what you will hear in Nov 2012....Smack... Its a Home Run for the Dems! It Could Go All The Way!

Surely you can do better than that!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Toot---Even with all of Bowsinger's support Perky is not going to be the nominee.

I'm wondering if Romney will hire him after Perky bows out. I'm sure Bows will be looking for a new job.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
1. Quitter

There is no quit in Palin or she would not be still standing after the crap she has had to endure.

If you don�t understand why the Governor resigned, the good valid and smart reasons for doing so�that is your problem.

2. Bridge to Nowhere

During her inaugural address on December 4, 2006, Governor Palin pledged responsible spending.
On January 17, 2007, she sent a revised budget to the president of the Alaska Senate that would restrict capital spending and rescinded the $185M state share of the bridge funding.
In August 2007, Alaska's Department of Transportation stated that it was "leaning" toward alternative ferry options, citing bridge costs and the reluctance of Governor Palin to pay the state's match to the appropriated federal funds.
Palin stated:
�Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer. Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it�s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island. Much of the public�s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.�

She only cancled the funds for the Gravina Bridge when the national attention was too much and she and Alaska looked like a Pork State with a Pork Governor . See story: Palin backed 'bridge to nowhere' in 2006 http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-31-palin-bridge_N.htm

Quote: "We need to come to the defense of Southeast Alaska when proposals are on the table like the bridge, and not allow the spinmeisters to turn this project or any other into something that's so negative," Palin said in August 2006, according to theKetchikan Daily News.

Palin only stands for crap if some one is paying her speaking fees.

Please keep in mind that her greatest accomplishment was how well she took on Big Oil and restructured the amount or oil royalties they paid to the state of Alaska....I think you call that a Tax Increase! Yup, she is mavericky!

Last edited by northwestalaska; 05/19/11.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've read 2 articles today that say Perry should run.

Best article was here...

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Perry is pretty much the poster boy of the african nose-horned beasts. The so called leaders of that ailing herd are being culled so fast, now they're going to throw the kitchen sink at the primaries. ANYTHING to make sure the nominee has a horn on their snout.

Those extremists who dare speak of that pesky old Constitution & have any Tea Party ties MUST be stopped, at any cost. (Ours, of course...)

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't know how you're so sure about Romney Spano, you may well be correct but I don't see how a fella would know at this juncture

but I agree with others if it is him it's a big plus for the Dems

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Quitter

If you don’t understand why the Governor resigned, the good valid and smart reasons for doing so…that is your problem.

2. Bridge to Nowhere

Palin stated:
“Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer. Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it’s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island. Much of the public’s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.”
yup... she's no quiter...the "spin'sters" are at work...don young was the one who got the money for the bridge..we got it and it went to the "whole state" palin needs to be in the race to keep the rest on there toes..kinds like a "little trump" wink hey! she is not "Perky"..spankable yup-perky no....:)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

The Republican nominee will be Romney. Notice I didn't say "should be" I said "will be".

Just remember to PM for my address when he isn't wink .

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Can we please draft West and Haley?

Works for me!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

I'll wrap and package him and send him overnight.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
don't know how you're so sure about Romney Spano, you may well be correct but I don't see how a fella would know at this juncture

but I agree with others if it is him it's a big plus for the Dems

He has the most money and best organization of anyone except BHO and he has been working at it for years.

I'm not sure anyone can beat BHO but I believe he has the best chance. Remember I have not endorsed him or anyone else at this time.

www.paracay.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Is there a single one of the current line-up that's worth a schit?

Gingrich sucks.
RP is batschit crazy.
Romney is Hussein-lite.
Johnson just screams RINO.
Huckster is out.
Trump is a sideshow...at best.
Daniels is nothing inspiring at all.

Cain might be "it", thus far....

Can we please draft West and Haley?
You don't really believe Paul is batshit crazy. You just don't want him because he won't maintain America's world empire. What you don't realize, though, is that your precious empire is going to fall whether Paul's elected or not. Just that if it falls without him being president, it's coming down hard, and we're going down with it. With Paul it will be brought down in an orderly way, so as to actually benefit the United States rather than in a way that will destroy her.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
1. Quitter

2. Bridge to Nowhere

Palin stated:

She only cancled the funds for the Gravina Bridge when the national attention was too much and she and Alaska looked like a Pork State with a Pork Governor . See story: Palin backed 'bridge to nowhere' in 2006 http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-31-palin-bridge_N.htm

Quote: "We need to come to the defense of Southeast Alaska when proposals are on the table like the bridge, and not allow the spinmeisters to turn this project or any other into something that's so negative," Palin said in August 2006, according to theKetchikan Daily News.

Palin only stands for crap if some one is paying her speaking fees.

Please keep in mind that her greatest accomplishment was how well she took on Big Oil and restructured the amount or oil royalties they paid to the state of Alaska....I think you call that a Tax Increase! Yup, she is mavericky!

BOWSINGER read this, twice, even. Love how you validate the "QUITTER" part.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

I'll wrap and package him and send him overnight.

You keep him, I just want my bullets grin .

On a more serious note, I hope I'm "right" for all of us. If Romney does take it, count on the Annointed One for another term sick .

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the "teachers" here and I use the term loosely:

em�pire   /ˈɛmpaɪər; for 8�10 also ɒmˈpɪər/ Show Spelled
[em-pahyuhr; for 8�10 also om-peer] Show IPA

�noun
1. a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, french Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
2. a government under an emperor or empress.

No mention of an American Empire.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Whoever wins will be out of power for generation, much like the Republicans were in 1932. Hoover and the Republicans were holding the bag for a Depression, and whomever is elected this time around will be in for the same thing. The best outcome as I see it is to hold the House, which is the source of spending, and possibly gain the Senate, and let the Dems hold the Whitehouse with Obm@. The $hitstorm that will be the result of this debt/deficit madness will be of Biblical proportions, best to let the other side take the hits when it comes. I will be very surprised if we still have the right to vote in 2016, or at least the ability to vote for more than one candidate should the Democrats regain the House and hold the Senate and the Executive.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The very best we will get is both houses of Congress.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many earmarks for the Minnesota home folks and how much farm subsidies collected for the Bachmann family farm in the Bachmann record?

Earmarks? Minnesota?

Minnesota receives $0.72 from the feds for every dollar paid in - only four states have a worse return.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.