Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Depends on several factors.

This 6.5x47 on a Pierce action, Broughton barrel and McMillan Rem Sporter took about 4 months for the parts to be accumulated and about 2-3 days for Chris Matthews of http://longshotriflesllc.com/ to build.
[Linked Image]

This 6.5x47 on a Surgeon action, Kreiger barrel and AICS stock took me about 2 weeks to accumulate the parts. Brownells typically keeps the actions in stock. The barrel was on hand at Kreiger as the original owner decided not to buy it and the AICS stock was also in stock from Mile High Shooters in Colo. Once Chris received the barrel on Saturday, the last component he received, he emailed me on Tuesday morning to let me know it was done.
[Linked Image]

My Pre 64 M70 in 9.3x62 took about 6 months total. Pacnor barrel took about 12 weeks to receive. The D'Arcy Echols stock was delivered in a week from D'Arcy and the action was received in about a week as well. Between Redneck doing his magic on the metal and initial inletting and CASII (Charley Santoni) finsihing it all up ran another 2+ months.
[Linked Image]

Now, this is where it can get ridiculously long......probably around 4 years.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Each and every 'smith has ups and downs. Some, who are very well known and great at what they do, like great doctors, will require longer waits. Chris Matthews is well known and very good but I learned that if "I" accumulated all the components I can get him to build my rifle/s VERY fast. If you turn everything over to the 'smith in question, he/she will likely do it in conjunction with all the other projects they work on on a daily basis.

Alan

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0

This guy could say it well, "The Time is TOO darned Long" typically from start to finish, ordering custom parts....etc.

It varies, but ordering the parts is the kicker, some bbl companies are 8 months out....stocks half.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Got some good news this morn. My smith has the action work complete and is screwing the Lilja on this week. I didn't expect 16 months, but not being rifle poor by any means, I really didn't mind alittle wait as long as the product was good. Should have the coating done fairly quick as it will be done locally. The next wait will be for Karl to do the TI flutes and skeletonize the handle. Last I heard from him his bolt work was having a pretty quick turn around. Looks like I may get to officially break this one in with alittle blood this season.

Thanks for all the input,

loder

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1_deuce, 12344mag, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 46 invisible), 11,423 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,241
Posts18,544,285
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.