Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Joshua_M_Smith
Hi folks,

Yesterday at around lunchtime Mr. Camp suffered a brain aneurism. He was lifelifted to Ft Worth.

The the life support was pulled last night, and nature is taking its course.

Thought some of you would like to know.

Josh
Is this the guy with the High Power site? Sad to hear.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi Folks,

Look for Mr. Camp's obituary in the Denton papers tomorrow. Cremation will immediately follow the service.

He had requested, and the family is requesting, that contributions go to the Denton Police Officer's Association.

Typical Camp.

I hope this helps those who have asked about flowers and such.

Josh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My deepest sympathies to Mr. Camp's family.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/obituaries/stories/DRC_obits_0530.36ead8fda.html

Monday, May 30, 2011
06:43 AM CDT on Monday, May 30, 2011
Stephen Allen Camp

Stephen Allen Camp
Stephen Allen Camp, 59, of Krum passed away on Friday, May 27, 2011.Steve was born on June 18, 1951, in Fort Worth, TX to Cecil and Taloma Camp. He married Sandy Bailey on August 26, 1999.As a young man Steve became a believer in Jesus Christ at Birdville Baptist Church in Haltom City, Texas.

Steve retired in 1998 from the Denton Police Department after 25 years of loyal and very dedicated service. He left a special legacy at the PD, and many of the people there remember him with love and respect. He left a piece of himself at the Police Department that will remain forever in the hearts of all who knew him. He definitely touched their lives in a very special way.

He had a passion for guns that was legendary. Target practice was a part of his daily life, and he was known as the premier expert on the Browning Hi Power. Many people sought his advice and he was always willing to give of himself to explain anything asked of him, answering emails from perfect strangers on a daily basis. Steve was an accomplished writer who could always express himself very eloquently on paper. After he retired, he started writing manuals about his beloved firearms. He was a self-published author who wrote four gun-related books that were very well received in the gun community. He even wrote one novel that impresses everyone who reads it. He was a very talented man.

Steve lived his life by a strict moral code and expected others to do the same. He could be rigid and uncompromising at times, but he was the most giving, loving, decent man who ever lived. You always knew where you stood with Steve because he would tell you. Everyone who knew him loved him and wanted to be his friend, because Steve was true-blue and always there for those he cared about.

He is survived by his wife, Sandy Camp; mother, Taloma Camp; mother-in-law, Florence Boehnemann; sister, Jan Clifton and husband Tommy; sister-in-law Kathie Boehnemann; niece, Kim Bolton and husband J J; nephew, Clint Jarrett and wife Jinelle; nephew, Stephen Boehnemann and wife Eve; niece, Lauren Hadley and husband Josh; and many other aunts, uncles, cousins and loyal friends.

He was preceded in death by his father, Cecil Camp; father-in-law, Delphine Boehnemann; and brother-in-law, Larry Boehnemann.

Visitation will be in Denton at DeBerry Funeral Directors, 2025 W University, on Tuesday, May 31, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.

Services will be held at 10:30 am on Wednesday, June 1, at the First United Methodist Church of Denton located at 201 S Locust.

Memorials: Denton Police Officers Association, PO Box 5103, Denton, TX, 76205.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Terry. I've been running myself all over trying to post the obit.

Mr. Camp, I believe, was a member of more forums than I am!

Josh

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have enjoyed reading his Browning HP site and am grateful for his help. 59 is far too young for a good man to die.

Last edited by kend; 05/30/11.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I can tell you from personal experience that he was a very gentle human being. He taught my initial CCW class and renewal. I was the only one in the renewal class that he, Art Behrens, and Mr. Lassiter (can't think of his first name). They did it in their homes and made you feel like family.

I am embarrassed to say that I didn't realize how he was considered the top guy for Browning Hi Powers. He never brought it up in the few conversations I had with him which parallels with his character. He had no agenda.

He will be missed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,139
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.