-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am unsure as to the proper forum for my questions so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong one.
I have a rolling block shotgun that my dad picked up at a pawn shop in the early 60's. I think he gave $10 for it.
It is a 20 gauge and presently hangs on the wall in my office.
The wood is cracked and missing some pieces from the butt stock. The forearm looks like it has been whittled down and an improper screw is fitted in the forearm
I have looked at various "guides" and cannot find a listing for this shotgun. I do remember reading an article that stated the army had them issued for foraging.
I would like to know if this shotgun has any value.
Secondly, could I have the action converted to a rifle cartridge? Due to the age of the beast I would consider something mild.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rolling blocks were bored for just about everything so a 20 ga is no surprise.

You could convert it into a rifle with extensive work. It would be extremely expensive to get it into shape. Plus it would not have a great deal of value because it was so heavily worked on.

You can buy reproduction Rolling Blocks. These are stronger than the originals and generally more accurate. A much cheaper way to go.

Last edited by crosshair; 05/31/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my brother in law has one in 20 gauge also,but his is in very good condition.We put it up for sale here on the classifieds for $600 ,and had some interest,but no takers.I think if he had come down some ,it would have sold pretty fast,but he elected to keep it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go here,......Link: www.arizonasharpshooters.com for an idea as to how much a worked over Roller can command.

The fact of the matter is there are VERY Good re-works available daily, at WAY less the cost of an even "Plain Vanilla" workover at today's Rates.

There's a few boys on this board that will verify that I know whereof I speak, BTDT...... rumored"Credibiltiy issues" notwithstanding

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.