-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you mean Miss Jones will be riding the bus, right?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
That story should be national news as motivation to other parents who seem to be afraid of their kids. One of the best ever posted here on the 'fire, fo sho!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oulufinn
That story should be national news as motivation to other parents who seem to be afraid of their kids. One of the best ever posted here on the 'fire, fo sho!

have repeatedly told the girls when they dont agree with something that if they want to start helping pay bills they will get a vote.....lil as $100 a month towards chit gets them a vote.....at $400 they start getting veto power on certain things....neither have taking me up on it yet crazy grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When we're out and other kids are being snots I point to them and tell my boys (in front of the other parents), "See those kids over there? One day they'll be working for you."

Had a lady storm out of Micky D's over that one.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
When we're out and other kids are being snots I point to them and tell my boys (in front of the other parents), "See those kids over there? One day they'll be working for you."

Had a lady storm out of Micky D's over that one.

I gotta remember that...

Sad part is, they'll not be working most likely; just leaching.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Excellent outcome.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That is a great story!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A wonderful lesson that should have been followed with a sit down discussion on how and why things came about. Might be a bit tough on the daughters' friendship though. Good luck,

1Minute
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
"Cut me a check, for that amount." And, he tossed her the keys to the car his daughter didn't appreciate.

I hope the guy didn't take too bad a beating. We should take up a collection on his behalf. wink

Still, spoiled kids are not self-made. The parents placed the rug under her feet and then jerked it out. Better late than never, but it didn't have to happen at all.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good job on the parent's part teaching the little miss Snotty Brat a lesson.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by JOG
"Cut me a check, for that amount." And, he tossed her the keys to the car his daughter didn't appreciate.

I hope the guy didn't take too bad a beating. We should take up a collection on his behalf. wink

Still, spoiled kids are not self-made. The parents placed the rug under her feet and then jerked it out. Better late than never, but it didn't have to happen at all.

Knowing the parents and the kids involved, it seems that this one turned "little miss b!tch goddess" almost all on her own. Counter to everything her parents have done, taught, enforced.... she just has that "entitlement" mindset, regardless of anything her parents seem to do.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, sorry VA, I should have said, "Most spoiled kids are not self-made."

Some seem to catch it from spoiled friends, or from the 'it's all about me' society we're stuck in. Kudos to your friends for sticking with the battle.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
I can EASILY believe the spoiled friends part.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG

Knowing the parents and the kids involved, it seems that this one turned "little miss b!tch goddess" almost all on her own. Counter to everything her parents have done, taught, enforced.... she just has that "entitlement" mindset, regardless of anything her parents seem to do.

can see how it happens.....have to repeatedly knock Kate off her high horse to try and keep her grounded.....sometimes i dont think its the parents but the kids think some of the bullchit reality shows they watch make them think thats how real life is.....one of the last times Kate started thinking she deserved something i showed her what the screw in her knee cost us out of pocket.....that one kept her down for quite awhile

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'm guessing the Jones daughter isn't talking to the Smith daughter, now.

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Great read!!
Nothing like a good kick in the ass at a young age...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Ain't Karma a beotch?

While on the subject of parenting - another nugget for the 'fire. Anyone with a teenage daughter has had them snort, stomp off, and then slam their bedroom door shut. Got tired of this drama from little miss crowrifle, so I simply pulled the hinge pins and leaned the door against the wall in her bedroom. Hung an old bed sheet for her privacy and told her to slam that all she wanted.

She might still snort and stomp some, but she ain't never slammed that door again.

i did that, girls thought slamming a door was their way to get the last word in a discussion.....never failed they would do it when Darla had a migraine.....said [bleep] it and removed the doors while they were at school grin havent had an issue with them slamming doors since even though they got doors again when we moved to the new house 5 years ago.........

VA, tell Mr. Jones he's my hero, and he's lucky he and the wife are on the same page. It truly does my heart good to see someone else having a positive impact on their kid's upbringing. Regardless of how hard it is.

Last edited by bbassi; 05/31/11.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Note to Self: Call Dr. Balice in Bozeman, and thank him again for the vasectomy...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You gotta love a story with a good ending.

NRA Lifetime Member
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V

Next time, I'd beat CPS to the punch, and dare them to see me in family court. Wanna play? Good, let's play.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 05/31/11.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.