Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Hi Expat the locking lever in the front of the trigger guard open the block for loading and cocking the rifle, the middle lever is trigger (generally french set trigger) the third lever allows you to decock and cock manually when you choose to fire or not the rifle. A bit technical & complicated (german) but really effective mecanism. System was breveted in 1880 and it was modified sometimes. Some are made in 300H&H. Hartmann & Weiss in Hamburg (Germany) are the best at the job of creating Heerenbuschen. They are surely in the five best gunsmiths in the world, not only mecanics or tool operators. Price are jewel prices...

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Marseille

Here is one high level job from Joel. And believe me shot better than the 700 of Swampy....Joel and his son Jean Philippe are mountain game hunters they prepare also very light rigs, highly accurate for sheep and ram hunting everywhere in the world.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/DDJubilumHeeren10.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/DDJubilumHeeren12.jpg[/img]

Here some pictures of special rifle in 6BRNorma: and yes it feed flawlessly from the magazine but needed lot of works to succeed. Less than 3kg with scope and ammo.
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/DD6BR07.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/Hunter4570/DD6BR06.jpg[/img]

More work from a Grand Master gunsmith cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

GV this rifle is an original Heeren entirely rebuilt and customised. About the manual cocking i don't know but i know three gunsmiths that can spend time on such a thing...Can send you adress if you want.
Dom

Thanks Dom, I have some idea, I think I'll ask A. Bellery, Armurerie du Condroz (former gunsmith for L Tilman). I met him this year, he worked for some of my friends, I visited him and he showed me his remarkable work, especially on safari customs ...

He's got some very interesting technique to build take down rifles with 100 % zero retaining.

You just need money and time grin the good new is that it can be long enough to allow you to find the money grin

Last edited by grand_veneur; 06/12/11.

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/#from=USD;to=EUR;amt=7891.1198

Some of those are pricey!

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W

Miller and Echol's too. Handcraft, nice french or high class turkish walnut, accurate barrels, chambering tools, engraving and gold inlay too. They are jewels among firearms and if you want pricey go to austrians ferlacher gunsmiths (Peter Hoffer, Hauffmann, Fanjoz, Schiering), price are....
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Hi Marseille...the last one is really piece of art laugh
Have tried some ferlacher guns...one was if remember right Hauffmann 9,3x74 double (my Finnish friend have one). But for my finances more than 40 000 EUR for gun is to much laugh. An other used one, don't remember gunsmith, was 7x75 + 22-250 double...this was available for 20 000 EUR...
Both guns was really good in action...well balanced and nice handcraft...but in my opinion more collector items then gun to use every day in forest...to expensive. But I like to look on them as on art of handcraft...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Expat the locking lever in the front of the trigger guard open the block for loading and cocking the rifle, the middle lever is trigger (generally french set trigger) the third lever allows you to decock and cock manually when you choose to fire or not the rifle. A bit technical & complicated (german) but really effective mecanism. System was breveted in 1880 and it was modified sometimes. Some are made in 300H&H. Hartmann & Weiss in Hamburg (Germany) are the best at the job of creating Heerenbuschen. They are surely in the five best gunsmiths in the world, not only mecanics or tool operators. Price are jewel prices...

Many thanks, Marseille!

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.