Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
So are you going to provide any proof to back up anything you say?

What exactly should I believe btw? Should I sell off my nice scopes and get a Prostaff so that I can have a ton of chromatic aberration and crappy turrets?

Before you ask, yes, I had a Prostaff, so I know how they are. They are very good for the $100 you can get them on sale for now, and they are durable, but that's about it. They aren't anywhere near the quality of several of the scopes you can get in the $200 range.

Or should I buy a new Remington so that I can more than likely have problems with it? Every single person I know that's bought a Remington in the last 4 years has had to have a gunsmith work on it right out of the box, as they have all had issues. That's not such a good track record. Remington used to make stuff that anyone would be proud to have their name on, now they basically just make crap.

Last edited by slowr1der; 06/17/11.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bigblock455
hes done breathed in to much black powder smoke and fried his brains.

You're assuming he had some to begin with?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
TMA & Graybeards?

No, he doesn't act like this, there.

Cant say about Graybeards .
On the TMA i can tell you as a Founder that the only people who have the power to Bann is the BoD by vote .
but Mods can lock people down , pending review .
Our rules in fact do not allow the manor that a lot of things are allowed to be done in , here.
So no he doesn�t act that way there

Mark posts over on TradRag at times . I am also the moderator for the traditional Muzzleloading forum there and cannot remember having any issue with Mark .
have there been times we disagreed , yep . but i would have to say that far more , i agree. when that happens i say so .
But here . I think he has clearly shown , that he has no purpose other then to troll and raise his thread count .
Ill also be frank , I have and will continue to ask the powders that be to remove him .
I believe that he is a potential danger to new folks . I also believe that the time may come when his being aloud to continue un checked , very well may become a liability to this forum internally and maybe legally at some time .
He also has become such a constant irritation to the more knowledgeable that people cant even help those with questions . For in short order the thread turns into something like this one .

As I said in another thread . Its almost like given topic have to be about him . Every post has to be addressing him and as such needs his reply , comment or opinion.
It doesn�t help to block him because in the end you would have to block everyone else .

Sad deal really because his only real value IMO is to raise the number of hit�s the web site gets

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Swampman700
If you don't believe my post, I feel sorry for you.

thats ok, he really shouldnt care . if he does , then thats really scarry

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just trying to keep folks from getting hurt. I don't see anything wrong with that. Facts are facts...

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This forum would be better without your "input," and that's a fact.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you're saying we need a moderator?

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, I'm not saying we need a moderator. You're the one cryin' "Rick told you guys to lay off."

I'm saying this forum would be better without your input.

You want me to draw a picture?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
You're the one cryin' "Rick told you guys to lay off."

You guys are the ones that are crying. I couldn't care less.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LMAO. Obviousy, you do care, otherwise there'd be no reason for you to post such stupid comments just to draw attention to yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I care if folks get injured or not. That's why I post the facts.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
So you're saying we need a moderator?

we dont need a moderator . what we need is moderation of the situation concerning the removal of a Troll . Of which we seem to have only one

no you dont . if you did you wouldnt be so one sided in you oppenion . which is frankly all you post .

but lets try and get back on track here . im going to post a few of the Remington lawsuits for injury and or death . following those ill post a link to Remington's oppenion on the subject . try to look past this being about centerfire and try to relate the points to how it pertains to muzzleloading

Critical safety questions at Reming... 100 injuries linked to Model 700 rifle

Class action filed again Remington Arms for defective trigger , causing injury or death

Remington Defective Triggers
Lewy V Remington Arms
On November 14, 1982, Mike Lewy went deer hunting on the family land where he and his parents, Evelyn and Jack Lewy, lived. He returned home around noon and entered his basement living quarters, placing his loaded Remington Model 700 bolt-action center fire 30.06 rifle (M700) on a couch. Prior to going to bed at around 10:30 that evening, Mike remembered the loaded rifle and decided to unload it. Mike pointed the rifle toward the ceiling and proceeded to unload it. The design of the rifle required the safety to be moved to the fire position in order to lift the bolt handle to eject a chambered cartridge. When Mike placed the safety on the fire position the rifle discharged and the bullet penetrated the ceiling striking his mother in the upper left leg while she was seated in a living room chair. Mrs. Lewy required hospitalization for slightly more than a month, but she has now apparently recovered from the accident.

Mrs. Lewy and her husband filed suit against Remington Arms and the K-Mart Corporation for damages, alleging three separate theories of liability: strict liability -- design defect, strict liability -- failure to warn, and negligent failure to warn. The Lewys alleged two design defects: 1) the bolt lock feature which required the rifle to be in the fire position when unloading and 2) the fire control mechanism which is susceptible to firing on release of the safety (FSR). Evelyn Lewy claimed damages for personal injuries and Jack Lewy claimed damages for loss of consortium. The jury returned a verdict in favor of the Lewys on all three theories of liability. Evelyn Lewy was awarded $ 20,000 in compensatory damages and $ 400,000 in punitive damages while Jack Lewy was not awarded monetary damages.

now lets take a look at Remington�s side . which by the way , in so many words once again points the shooter error .
as you watch this video keep in mind these things . improper modification and improper maintenance.
While this concerning the Walker trigger . I would point out that the improper maintenance theory also applies to muzzle loading regardless of the type of failure .

Also very same argument that Remington is making concerning the numbers of guns sold , also is valid IMO concerning CVA and the many other companies using Spanish products . IE the numbers of lawsuits vs. the number of sales .

As such , I would like to try and pull this topic back on track . So when you watch this video of Remington�s side of the story , try to keep in mind how this shooter error and poor maintenance issue applies to muzzle loading . Be it Spanish made , US made , Italian made . Modern or traditional.
My hope is that people will then realize why it is that the vast amount of time ANY failure of a firearm can be traced to shooter error . doesn�t mater if its RW , TB or Joe Snuffy ,who has the issue .
All to often what seems to be fact , is only fact if the story is twisted so as to produce a fact that simply isn�t there

Last edited by captchee; 06/18/11.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All that is a moot point. Anytime the subject of dangerous muzzleloaders comes up you guys won't to change the subject to something else. That's why I know I'm right.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

All that is a moot point. Anytime the subject of dangerous muzzleloaders comes up you guys won't to change the subject to something else. That's why I know I'm right.

the only person here wanting to change the subject , is you
how about you do this . exsplain for all the good people here just how its a moot point .
present some factual evidence here and we will go over it .
prove your point past your opinion . thats what people want to see . thats what we want to read not just your continued bla bla and one liners .
show us what forms your opinions .
ill give you all day to do that as im out to the range for a days shooting .
i seriously hope to read something of value from you tomorrow.
If not , then stop posting

Last edited by captchee; 06/18/11.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are talking about dangerous muzzleloaders. Google it.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Like the time you took it upon yourself to advise a guy on elk bullets, never having shot an elk?

A guy going on possibly his last elk hunt no less.

Then proceeded to say you'd killed hundreds of elk, or some such nonsense.

I said it then, and I'll say it again, someone should put their foot square in your ass for crap like that. Giving bad advice to a guy going on his last elk hunt is about as low as one can get.

But you'll probably go lower.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole

Like the time you took it upon yourself to advise a guy on elk bullets, never having shot an elk?

A guy going on possibly his last elk hunt no less.

Then proceeded to say you'd killed hundreds of elk, or some such nonsense.

I said it then, and I'll say it again, someone should put their foot square in your ass for crap like that. Giving bad advice to a guy going on his last elk hunt is about as low as one can get.

But you'll probably go lower.

He is here to disrupt, adds nothing of value absolutely nothing and Rick sits by and does not ban him. I guess Rick likes Carnivals.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He let's you 2 troublemaking stalkers stay here. Without you there wouldn't be a problem.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Classic. It's always someone else's fault.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
He let's you 2 troublemaking stalkers stay here. Without you there wouldn't be a problem.
The only problem here seems to be you spreading bs that you can't back up, and for the life of me I can't figure out why he won't ban you.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,961
Posts18,480,557
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.