EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First I have heard of this. From reading the report it doesn't sound good, sounds like she had a visitor that might be up to something bad. I hope they find her alive and well.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

E
EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She is dead, either some animal killed her or she fell thru the Ice someplace, or some person or persons unknown. I will bet coin its one of these.

Last edited by gmsemel; 06/11/11.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"An innkeeper who reported seeing her eat a hamburger at his establishment reported she left in a pickup that didn�t match the description of Gould�s vehicle." (from the Froniersman article)

That is a new piece of information that I had not heard previously. Doesn't look good. Our prayers go out to her....

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
News Just In:

She has been found and is safe...... more details to follow.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Talkeetna musher Melanie Gould, missing more than a week, has been located alive. The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race veteran contacted troopers in Cantwell today and is being transported to a Mat-Su hospital, troopers say.

Citing the musher's privacy, trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters refused to provide any additional information about Gould's condition or prior whereabouts.

Friends became worried about Gould, 34, when she failed to show up for work May 31. She had been seen alone that day buying gas and bottled water at a Talkeetna gas station, troopers said.

A wildife trooper searching for Gould by helicopter spotted her truck last Saturday, about 18 miles from Cantwell. But by Thursday troopers had found no additonal clues and called off a sweeping search for the musher.

Friends created a Facebook page called "Have You Seen Melanie Gould" that gained more than 3,000 followers and gave Gould's supporters and well-wishers a place to trade search information and stories about the musher. The page was updated about 1 p.m. today to say Gould had been found alive and safe, but provided no additional information.

Troopers today were taking Gould to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, Peters said.

Gould competed in seven Iditarods, beginning in 2000. She steadily improved from a 64th-place finish her rookie year to placing 18th in 2006. Gould scratched in 2007 after a crash destroyed her sled, according to reports at the time.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/06/11/1911137/missing-talkeetna-musher-located.html#ixzz1P0iq0sS1

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Citing the musher's privacy, trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters refused to provide any additional information

Silly azz woman had everybody worried.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She owes...

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of potential scenarios where she would not owe... Though we may never know what happened, she may have a valid excuse...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's possible. I hate the speculator's attacks via comment on the "news" sites. However, one way or another, even if not by her, I don't fathom an imaginable outcome that doesn't warrant an explanation. That what I should have said, "An explanation is due."

Then again, as I was thinking earlier today, if this had been some person in a remote village, it never would have made news, the dogs would have still been uncared for, almost no one would have cared, and she would have only been a statistic on the trooper logs depending on the outcome.

And with that, we'll see if ADN records the drowning while "skimming" with snowmachines, of a local young fellow this evening out in this part of the world. I'm sure they will, but the comments will be inciteful [intended], I sure.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Very odd....

Olson declined to say exactly where Gould was found, and it's unclear where she's been.

Friends say they don't know. Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters said the details of the lost week are Gould's own business.

"She indicated that she saw search efforts but stayed away," Peters wrote in an email.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/06/11/1911137/missing-talkeetna-musher-located.html#ixzz1P2vMRiTt

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E

She's DEFINITELY got some issues to deal with but it beats the alternative. I'm GLAD she's safe.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So if I get pissed off at the world, I can't hop in my boat and disappear for a few weeks?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Aimee Semple McPherson?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
that time of the mo. i guess

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
sorry, but you leave your dogs foodless a week. ...and my wife always says it's just me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i hear she hid on searchers..? if so she should see the "bill" for the troopers time..and the search dogs.... (still glad to hear she in one pice)...what u say....?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have also heard that her cotton clothes got wet and she discarded them. This isn't smart as cotton can kill but it also quickly dries. The way that the dispatch wrote it up it makes sense that she didn't want to be found nekkid.

She probably was hoping to make it back without incident following the searchers back to the road.

Her friends took over watching her doglot when she didn't return.
Sincerely,
Thomas

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
i hear she hid on searchers..? if so she should see the "bill" for the troopers time..and the search dogs.... (still glad to hear she in one pice)...what u say....?
I agree, especially if she doesn't have to tell them where she was or what she was doing. She basically wasted their time by hiding out.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1badf350, 1minute, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,295
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.