Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
a guy on canadiangunnutz is making those ....

HR IC

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Sorry to put a grain of salt in this thread but lots of you guys are speaking of bad or not so good aluminium rings from Tikka. In Europe Tikka T3 Lite come without scope ring and if we want we buy Sako/Tikka Optilock which are steel with plastic inserts inside (like Burris). May be Beretta USA put aluminium rings with your T3 but i don't think they are Tikka made (www.tikka.fi). About the mag: yes they are very expensive (in Europe it's even worse than America) for plastic things. For the one who complain about capacity: you can buy some five rounds standart calibers ones. I own one Hunter in 338Fed, very accurate, reliable and light, one of my go to rifle and one 260Rem Lite. Nothing to say against, not a Sako Bavarian but can have 2,5 Tikka for the price of a Bavarian....
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Where do you get that aluminum shroud? I've got a 695 that I'd like to put it on. Thanks.

cgnflickgmail.com

Not sure what his policy is about shipping over the border. email and ask. A fine piece of machining.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Huh?? He's baggin' grocieries in Rock Ridge??

Merde!!! I missed that thread!

Rock Ridge where, as in what state????

We were making references to the movie "Blazing Saddles".

Down in the handgun section a guy recentlycame on with a handle of "chlinstructor" and proceeded come across a self appointed expert in all things related to handguns and combat.

Essentially he made a complete assclown of himself.

It was obvious the guy really wanted to be someone important and thinks being a ccw instructor would make him an important person.

I played along as a grocery bagger from "Rock Ridge".

It was the funniest thread I have ever participated in here on the forum

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Guess I made a major mistake when I took a SAKO A7 in 308 Win to Africa, also took a TIKKA T3 in 270 Win. Shot 8 head of game in 8 days and had not a single bolt shroud failure, and had not a single scope mount or ring failure (replaced with Leupold). To make matters worse didn't even have a single bullet failure. Mabe I'm doing something wrong.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by kraky111
I've got one in 300 win mag and it doesn't shoot for crap...

[Linked Image]

Always funny when guys have to cut out their best groups, so not to show the other 10 shots that sprayed all over the place on the target. Hilarious.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Just one question, what does Chuck hawk think is a good gun? Noone seems to know. He ripped Tikka a new one but didn't give his infinite nod of approval for any other gun.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ihookem
Just one question, what does Chuck hawk think is a good gun? Noone seems to know. He ripped Tikka a new one but didn't give his infinite nod of approval for any other gun.

Chuck likes Model 70's, Weatherby MK V's and Vanguards .

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Whooopie for him.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Whooopie for him.

Yeah and people actually pay to read his opinions

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, how robust is the trigger group in these Tikkas, say in wet then freezing temps and salt spray regions..?

Being that the clip is universal, which one would run the 6.5 x 284 or 284 Winchester cartridge.. the standard width set up for the .473" bolt face, or those made to handle the wider case of say the WSMs..?

Have any of you had your Tikkas fail in the field, if so.. how.?

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No opinion on Tikka's, but I've read some stupid chit written by the esteemed Chuck Hawks.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
No opinion on Tikka's, but I've read some stupid chit written by the esteemed Chuck Hawks.

+1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
" So, how robust is the trigger group in these Tikkas, say in wet then freezing temps and salt spray regions..?"

Spent a whole week in Montana last year hunting elk. The day I shot my elk it was -23 when I left the cabin in the morning. Warmend up a little but not much. Shot the elk about 4:30 in the afternoon. Rifle was fine, I was somewhat frozen. Not too much salt water in Montana so cant comment on that.

Lefty C

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 358wsm
So, how robust is the trigger group in these Tikkas, say in wet then freezing temps and salt spray regions..?

Being that the clip is universal, which one would run the 6.5 x 284 or 284 Winchester cartridge.. the standard width set up for the .473" bolt face, or those made to handle the wider case of say the WSMs..?

Have any of you had your Tikkas fail in the field, if so.. how.?

The trigger group compared to a Remington is like comparing a Bentley to a Kia. Between Sako and Tikka the best triggers currently made. I have never experienced any kind of mechanical issue with a Tikka but I guess if you use Google you will eventually read about some failure. The T3 is a one size fits all and 6.5x284 or 284 are not offered. My best guess would be the WSM magazine.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi 358,

Tikkas and Sakos are Made in Finland for finnish hunters. May be you don't know but Finland in winter can be as cold and wild as Alaska, not the south for sure but when you get up to and above polar circle life is hard and rifle are used as tool. Finnish are tough guys who know haw to use and make firearms. They stand well! As all man made products they can sometime fail but they are a least as good as the best of the other brands.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mackay Sagebrush,

Thanks for the clarification. We have a Rock Ridge in our state, and for a moment I was terrified he might be from this neck of the woods. shocked I didn't want him giving our state a bad name with his ridiculous posts. Glad to hear his location is as fictional as his accomplishments are. grin

And I'm still a T3 fan. I think prudence demands that an extra mag be obtained, simply because you don't want a mag to break or get lost and turn the gun into a single shot. And I still think it's just wise to put an aluminum bolt shroud on them. I also put the rings of my choice on them, too. Other than that, they rock!!!!

Last edited by DELGUE; 06/12/11.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If somebody is needing an aluminum bolt shroud, try here:

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p362_Tikka-bolt-shroud.html

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I remember a few years ago I was very skeptical about Tikkas because they felt wimpy when handling them in the store. I finally gave in and bought one after reading all the reports, and I wanted a lightweight gun. I am actually sorry I did. It honestly does outshoot every gun in my safe...Just shot it yesterday and it shot so well that it pissed me off. Maybe I just bought an awesome one, but so far it is the most accurate gun I have ever owned.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
dogcatcher,

They are light, they are accurate, and they are affordable. That's a tough act to beat. Some of the criticism of them is snobbery, and some of it is honest difference of opinion. The latter I accept and respect, the former I don't pay any attention to and instead make up my own mind. If they were as big a p.o.s. as some of their detractors claim, you wouldn't see so many happy owners. That kind of tells the story right there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,376
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.