Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if any of our Oregon forum members have made the trip there or not... I did Saturday as I had to go to Roseburg for my son to take his A.C.T. test.. so I had 5 hours to kill, so I decided to driver the other 70 miles up the freeway and take in the new Cabelas...

I have been to the Cabelas's Stores in Nebraska and Minnesota, So Dakota, Washington, Salt Lake and Reno...so I have a point of reference....

I have to admit, my biggest impression of it, was I am glad that we have a Sportsman's Warehouse near here in Medford...

I wasn't impressed in the least...small store, high prices... granted it was Saturday morning.. but the gun dept you had to 'take a number'.. every thing on their used rack cost more than the item cost new in the box...there was one or two interesting items but that was about it..

there was a few scopes I'd have liked to look at, but with the backlog of customers... the wait time to get waited on had to be an hour plus...

have to admit, I wasn't even impressed enough to buy the ceremonial T shirt or hat...

so unless you live in Eugene or within 25 miles of it or so... I wouldn't waste the time to take the trip...

Salem has an old Sportsman's and so does Bend and there are a few in Portland/Vancouver...

AND thank God we have one here in S. Oregon in Medford...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is about all you can expect from them now.They are nothing more than an "outdoor Wal-mart" now.All their "gun guys" have gone and they are filling the racks with returns and factory repairs. cause it's easy and cheap....
All part-time staff now.They don't give a damn.Too many stores to keep supplied with good stuff and it's all about their credit card and bottom line.I quit going and no longer seek out their junk.Cut up my CC and canceled the catologs.....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That was my impression as well. Sportsmans Warehouse in Medford is my favorite big box hunting/fishing store.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't go out of my way to drive long distances in order to visit a Cabelas. That being said, I find that living close to one allows me to peruse the used rack fairly often, and I have actually realized some great deals on firearms over the last few years.

Their discount coupons are handy when a high-ticket item goes on sale. The other plus is that I can get free shipping for local pick up when I see good values online in the Bargain section.

I too am glad that we have a Warehouse Sports nearby, and that Sportco is just a short hop up the road. I do 90% of my outdoors shopping at those locations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Whereas vehicles automatically drop in value when they leave the showroom, firearms magically increase in value when they leave the store.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (19rabbit52, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,426
Posts18,528,391
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.