Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Romney is just a white Obama. I am hoping that Huntsman will work out. The rest of the field is just bad.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If Romney floats to the top and gets the nonmination I will vote for him, but I don't see an old guy with plastic hair as the best way to go in this political climate.

I agree. Have you been watching how the Democrats are attacking Marco Rubio? I'm telling ya, they are scared stiff about his guy, even though he has indicated that he's not in the running.

They are and he is waiting for 2016. If Obama pulls it out this time, Rubio will destroy whomever the donkeys put up in 2016, barring some career suicide by Marco between now and then.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I don't care who's on the Repub. ticket, I will vote and it won't be for Obamalingdong.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Romney is just McCain 2.0. Hell Romney didn't even beat McCain, and McCain lost.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I don't care who's on the Repub. ticket, I will vote and it won't be for Obamalingdong.

That's the way I feel. I also think that we need hard times on election day to seal the deal. In fact, I think that is more important than the Republican candidate.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would whittle me a bill and peck chit with the chickens before i would vote for any Dem especially Obama

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll be happy to put my support (and money) behind a winner. Currently, it's like betting on a bullfrog race.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Cheyenne, go to todays version of;

www.finance.yahoo.com

Scroll to mid-page and read the wsj/nbc poll. Might change your view if these polls have any value and that's the tack the demos will take as it regards hard times..

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still think our best shot is a "throw the bums out" mentality next November, at least with the independent voters in key battleground states. Without that, I figure we got 4 more years. The best we could hope for in a Republican candidate is a Republican Obama clone-a young person who makes good speeches and has no record, so he can promise the moon just like Obama.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just give us both houses of congress and I'll be shickeled titless.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Romney is just McCain 2.0. Hell Romney didn't even beat McCain, and McCain lost.

McCain received the nomination at a time when the Iraq war was the defining issue for primary voters. By the time the election rolled around the issue was the economy. On that basis Romney would have had a better shot at Obama than McCain in the general election with the swing vote.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Need 60 in the senate.. and we need a real leader for the house.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by noKnees

Need 60 in the senate.. and we need a real leader for the house.

If he'd just quit crying.............Menopause, I think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not me. The next couple of Supreme Court picks are really important.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'll be happy to put my support (and money) behind a winner. Currently, it's like betting on a bullfrog race.

My post was more aimed at those like Derby, who piss and moan about the Republican candidate, but don't get involved or vote.

Even Romney looks like Goldwater in comparison to Obama. No matter how milquetoast he is, he would not appoint people like Holder or Sotomayer or work overtly to undermine the sovereignty of the country.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

McCain received the nomination at a time when the Iraq war was the defining issue for primary voters. By the time the election rolled around the issue was the economy. On that basis Romney would have had a better shot at Obama than McCain in the general election with the swing vote.

After Palin brought some badly needed enthusiasm to the ticket, by Sept. 2007 McCain/Palin were ahead in the polls.

After that came the big financial melt down and the incumbent and his replacement were doomed.

The ultimate question for Republican primary voters today is the same as always, whether the next Republican president should be a Rockefeller Republican or a Reagan Republican.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Not me. The next couple of Supreme Court picks are really important.

As is their approval. Pickin and approvin are 2 different animals. Final power resides w/Congress.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by mike762
Lose Romney, and it might work.

Anybody would be better than Obama but Romney would be one of my last choices for the top spot. Now switch them around and you'd have a much more appealing combo IMO.....

My thoughts as well. We, and this country, need a REAL conservative LEADING the ticket for a change. Not window dressing for a RINO. Let the RINO be that 'ticket balancer' or single state vote getter for a change.

Exactly where I stand.

Whomever we send forth against the Shiite, we need to do it as a unified party and a unified people. We need all the other candidates and news makers in the Republican party to get behind her, as well. We need Newt to keep pressure on the Dems by out thinking them....and talking about it and slamming them. We need Sarah Palin ... yes, Sarah Palin ... to be out there slamming Obama and getting media coverage and taking the heat off of Michele. We need Herman Cain talking about failed Obama economics and selling the American public on Milton Friedman. we need Donald Trump using his media savvy to bash Obama and the failed economy. We need T-Paw to work Minnesota, Rick Perry to work Texas and Marco Rubio to work Florida.

Then we need to support Michele Bachmann like she is the candidate of our dreams. We need to go to every appearance, attend every speech, watch every debate. We need to recruit friends and family and coworkers to do the same. Then, we need to turn out by the thousands. We need to make so much excitement around her the independents cannot help but want to get on the bandwagon, and the MSM cannot avoid showing the hype.

If it's to be Michele Bachmann, then we need to love Michele Bachmann, and not grumble and whine and hold our nose at the choice.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

The ultimate question for Republican primary voters today is the same as always, whether the next Republican president should be a Rockefeller Republican or a Reagan Republican.

I am not sure that for the president it matters...what we need is 51% in the house, 60 senate seats and a Coolidge for house leader. in terms of the types of fiscal change we need Reagan is way too liberal.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by noKnees
In terms of the types of fiscal change we need Reagan is way too liberal.

Perhaps. But the symbolism of the Reagan name is huge.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.