July 9
July 16
July 23
July 30
Aug 6..... NO
Aug 13
Aug 20
Aug 27

Sorry it took me so long to get to this today. Been busy hell at work prepping for a CEO visit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If there is no consensus I will add the least affecting dates in a hat and pick one, that's the best I can do.

July 9
July 16
July 23.......No
July 30
Aug 6 ........No
Aug 13
Aug 20
Aug 27

Red No means a conflict for me. All other dates open on my dance card.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Thanks guys,

Kent

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by CCCC
Kent, let's get dennisinaz included in this thread? I think he would enjoy and maybe interested.

I've PMed him, RR and a few others, but this is not limited to those I think of... all are invited obviously... again airport pickup and ground travel can be arranged by those of us here going. I will have a big camp and food, motel is available. This is as close to a hassle free trip as possible.

Kent

Sorry- Paul and Kent- been off the grid for a week in Havasupai. Let me know when, just don't do it after the deer/bear openers start or I will be hunting.

I hope the fire doesn't mess all this up!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
up

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am outa Bloomfield, would love to TT to Quemado lake for this. Sounds like a great time-a-comin. Most all your dates are open for me as long as I know a couple weeks in advance. KDJ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will make arrangements to do any date - let's get 'er picked so we can plan the rest of the summer stuff.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm gonna try and make this one - I'll probably bring a pole - just in case -

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, after going through all the PMs new and old, none of the Aug dates work for most of the members. And July 16th is the date with no negatives for July attendees.

So it will be the weekend of July 16th. I will be there a few days early to setup and stay a few days later for those wanting to stay longer. So come early, stay late if you want.

I'll start a new thread for all suggestions on activities and such.

Thank you

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Thanks to Rick for the sticky here's some reposts and updates...

July 16th 2011

The date is set, now we need to work the details.

I have a 34ft TT and canopy, can bring a couple tents if there are those that want to bring a cot and bag. So we will have a 'base'. I have cooking equipment including eating ware and can supply food for those eating there. You can bring as little or much as you want, I just need to preplan meals.

There is a Motel and restaurant combo in Quemado, NM. Also a couple gas stations/small groceries.

Ken Howell lives in Quemado and will be a treat to visit with for all. Hopefully the rains come so we can have a good shoot out in the forest. Though I do know there is some kind of range out behind town if that's our last resort, not sure how crowded it gets if at all, not many people in Quemado and no signal lights. Fishing lake close.

Paul will be taking care of some of these issues, as he lives close.

I will be getting there probably Wed and staying as long as there is those that want to, so it's not restricted to just the weekend.

I'll get up more specifics of where Quemado is and Motel info the next few days. Looks like we will have a good crowd of miscreants and a ton of fun.

Discuss any and all aspects here.

General info... here's the motel, I've eaten at the restaurant and it's good... of course my food will be better,lol. Seems nice, not a flea bag.

Largo Motel & Cafe
Highway 60, Quemado, NM 87829 (575) 773-4686 ‎

Quemado is 49 miles east of Springerville, Az.

About 150 miles from Albuquerque, 250 from the Phx area and 290 from Tucson.

Depending on how many camping or moteling will dictate where I setup. So speak up on your intentions.

Try to indicate which days you plan to be there and we will attempt to setup carpools from destinations. Also airport pickup.

I believe fishing licenses are available at the store.

Any other questions I'm not thinking of just pipe up.

As of now we have 15 tentative yes's and some maybe's...

These fires have got us thinking of other things right now but wanted to renew this thought.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sounds like a plan!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, for the summary Kent - very timely and helpful. Thanks, too, to Mr. Bin for the sticky.

Should be a fine gathering with great spirit and diverse fun. Now, if we can just get some rain beforehand - would help with the call on the camp and the activities. Guys, please let Kent know soon how you will be lodged - motel, campsite, need tent, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a tent and would consider pitching it in my yard, bring it. Or UPS or FedEx it to 17 Church Street (87829) ahead of time. My 1990 Silverado 4x4 will be long gone by then, and there's already plenty of room with it still here now.

Same also goes for a travel trailer or two. And there is, of course, no shortage of other good sites.

Full access to two bathrooms, of course, and I have a nice cot, a couple of foam ground pads, two sleeping bags, and beaucoup de "people" bedding.

And obviously, all the above applies to any date, 24-7-365.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same plans here. I'll be heading up in the small hours Saturday A.M. and staying through mid-day Sunday.
I am driving up with azcoues in my truck, we likely have room for one more comfortably if someone needs a ride.

Kent I am still planning on bring up the big cooler, ice drinks, soda, water, some beer etc. I'll cook a big pot of hocks and beans again. I am sure I'll think of some other stuff to bring.
Oh yeah I also have my 5 gal igloo water thing full of water and ice.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Cool, I'll have food and plan to bring ribeyes for sat night as that is the evening we will have the most people, your beans will go great then. I'll have breakfast stuff and hotdogs/sandwich items for other times.

Kent

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Will do up a couple of pork shoulders in the smoker and bring over slaw, rolls et cetera.

Hope Ben brings some green chili treats...hint... cool

Tom, I'll bring my own Guinness rather than count on you. I am sure you understand.

Looks like the fire is headed that way - bet Paul is busy --

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DARBY
Will do up a couple of pork shoulders in the smoker and bring over slaw, rolls et cetera.

Hope Ben brings some green chili treats...hint... cool

Tom, I'll bring my own Guinness rather than count on you. I am sure you understand.

Looks like the fire is headed that way - bet Paul is busy --

Yep, we will have some of those, I promise!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DARBY

Never going to live that down....
grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I should be leaving early in the AM on saturday and staying threw sunday as well. Whats the right stuff to bring to help out? The last thing i want to be is a free loader! Ice? Coolers?? Some extra Oryx burger that i have laying around in the freezer???

Hope some one there has a way with a muzzleloader so they can help me tune this Triumph up before my hunt down there in october. I was lucky enough to draw deer and elk tags for that unit.

V/r
Jon

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jon, there should be more than one guy that can help get that m'loader ready. For openers, what powder and type of bullet/sabot will you be using? If you have not yet made those decisions, there may be some pre-advice.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.