Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by sgt217
Originally Posted by gorskij
WT are much cooler looking, antlers especially.

Maybe your opinion, but not mine....
i have 160 class wt and lovem but the racks with high, wide forks make wt racks look simple in design. no rack in the world is as awe-inspiring as a huge muley. no elk, 'bou, or moose compares in my book.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by sgt217
Originally Posted by gorskij
WT are much cooler looking, antlers especially.

Maybe your opinion, but not mine....
i have 160 class wt and lovem but the racks with high, wide forks make wt racks look simple in design. no rack in the world is as awe-inspiring as a huge muley. no elk, 'bou, or moose compares in my book.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
No offense to you personally Reloader, but I always have to ask when someone uses the "dumb" card in regards to big mule deer...
1. How many big, 180" + bucks have you killed?
2. How many really big 190"+ bucks have you even seen?
3. Give some examples that you have personally seen big 180+ bucks being really, really dumb outside of the rut.
4. No offense to your buddy, but I'm calling BS on that story.....nobody passes up 250" mule deer if given a legal chance to kill one with a legal tag. Nobody.

It's certainly no trick to kill just a mule deer buck. It's certainly as easy, or easier to kill just a whitetail buck. Any lardass rich guy can sit in a blind and kill one. The "muleys are dumb" argument only applies to the ignorant.
any serious muley hunter who gets the drop on a 250 muley-catching it inbetwixt and flat footed- and passes, is dumber than any muley. i've had really big wt after a doe run up on me and drop their smile as they realized their mistake. that's how i got them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM

I know a guy that drove up on an absolute monster nontypical mulie that had to be well over 250(I saw the up close video of the monster), but wouldn't shoot him.
loder

What was your buddy holding out for if he passed on that one?...

Pat, he musta been holdin' out for one of those 260" bucks.....laughin'!
he was probably looking for his other bottle of cough medicine

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I'm surprised you guys don't believe me, I'm not one to BS folks. Oh well, those that know me and those that were there know the story to be true.

I'm surprised that your surprised that people question a story about a guy that passed up a 250"+ non typical mule deer
well, it's always the guys who 'didn't really want to kill it' that has the booner wt's, mulies,bears and bulls hockey cover them up.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
yea. that's for sure. the horns on big wt or muleys can make the deer look small, untill he's running and jumping mesquite

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Dober, trick question....grin

Is this whitetail or mule deer country?

[Linked Image]

180 degrees to the west.
[Linked Image]

10 clicks to the east.

[Linked Image]

the country looks familiar......cant quite place why whistle

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I grew up in Northern MN, Whitetails only, and from hunting in other states the Northern Whitetails are much bigger. The Mulies tend to be bigger bodied, and perhaps bigger antlets at least in spread. But for myself I have found Mulies harder to find in a bigger deer. I hunted the Pine Ridge area of Nebraska for the past 6 years. Plenty of both, but to me smaller deer overall. Throphys are there but few and far between. I hunt for the freezer, no problem taking either. Getting a big one is just a bonous. Biggest for me was a 12 pointer, Whitetail about 275# dressed. Biggest Mulie was a 10 pointer about #200# dressed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the comments fellas! Those are a few of what I have killed the last few years. I have been at this game a long time.... and started swapping hunts back in the early 2000's. Since 2005, i think I have only shot one buck under 160". I know I could provide a lot more pics of 160+ bucks that my hunters have takens.... I can think of 8 of them of the top of my head.

someone asked if I did this or was guided.....these are all deer I have killed or guided a swap hunter to. I will check and see if "eyeguy" will post a few.... he hunts with us nad over the last several years has taken 5 in the 160" range...his 2 best being 169. One of them was a 162 that had 28" of broken anterler , ...... a real world 190" and he took it with a .44 mag handgun. It was a deer I was going to take, but wind was wrong so i went scouting that afternoon and shot a 165, called him on christmas eve, he came down christmans night and shot him. Its all a matter of me spending WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYY to much time seeking out this boys!!!! yes, I live in whitetail heaven, but boys----ask my wife----- she is lonely alot and its all due to antler addiction!!!!

I love allllll trophy hunting. Like i sent to JGRAIDER.... i love bears, gators, mt lions, etc..... I havent gotten that BIG AZZ muley yet....but that is next on my list!!!

Thanks for posting a few of the pics!!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Wow! Awesome bucks!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
257wthbylover-

Oh my....What a great collection of whitetails!
I don't think anyone here will oppose anointing you the alpha dog of killing giant whitetails. Holy crap dude - I'm in love. (in a very heterosexual way of course) laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Ok gang, let me be a bit less subtle, which of the two do you feel will be easier to find on that property...grin

Dober

Make the terrain, cover, whatever size you want, from my experience the whitetail will prove the hardest to kill.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
I feel so inadequate.......

Dat IS some nice stuff! laugh

Well if you would quit with the annual "Dinkathon" you could have one of these!! grin

They are very nice, particularly the last one!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Ok gang, let me be a bit less subtle, which of the two do you feel will be easier to find on that property...grin

Dober

Make the terrain, cover, whatever size you want, from my experience the whitetail will prove the hardest to kill.

Positively and spot on the way I see it!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by fyshbum
Originally Posted by ingwe
I feel so inadequate.......

Dat IS some nice stuff! laugh

Well if you would quit with the annual "Dinkathon" you could have one of these!! grin

They are very nice, particularly the last one!!

The Dink-a-thon is about to become Campfire tradition...you besmircher! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

My cousin from Iowa lives and hunts whitetails where they get huge...he tells me that big mule deer bucks get him more pumped....I think I've been a bad influence on him!.....grin!

[Linked Image]

Maybe it's the country they live in..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Same buck a few months later..

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL grin

I like traditi0n as much as the next guy, but hard to shoot granddad when you shoot the milk toothed Great grandson just because he has spots to "hold on"!!! cool

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just one mans opinion here but that's a good way to influence him..grin

Dober

(still a ton of snow in the Peaks! not sure if it'll go this summer at all...?)

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scenar,

Do you need a hunting buddy?

Wow, those are nice. All from the same area or separate areas?

What is the story behind the drop tine?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

My cousin from Iowa lives and hunts whitetails where they get huge...he tells me that big mule deer bucks get him more pumped....I think I've been a bad influence on him!.....grin!

Ummmm, Pat...You're a bad influence on everyone here. laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.