Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Jeff,
Have you considered using a mountain bike. You can lift it over the gate.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1760 yards

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doubletap,

That's not a bad idea. When I packed a pretty big plate in there, I just used a frame pack... It's hard to explain but my "main" group of plates, it wouldn't help much to access from that road in the pic; it's easier to drop down to them from the timber.

Used a towel to protect my pack frame. As far as I can tell this plate has now been stolen. frown

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People will steal anything.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bet it ain't stolen, but some yuppie anti gun idiot probably took it just far enough to hide it good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DayPacker
1760 yards

1760 is fun. I wished I had access to it on a reliable basis... I loved shooting that far and farther the times I"ve done it. Not at all easy but damn sure fun.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rost495
I bet it ain't stolen, but some yuppie anti gun idiot probably took it just far enough to hide it good.

Probably true. Thieves don't usually want to work hard enough to backpack out a heavy object.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Or the BLM removed it from public land as junk... wink Public land doesn't always mean do what I want to land.

I'm betting is was stolen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Painted rocks and steel are very common on BLM and USFS lands in Southern Oregon. Which makes for a good time. I'm constantly amazed when I hear a guy say, "I was up plinking and found some steel plates so I took them." WTF... Just shootem, why would you want to move them? So when I drop plates it's usually way down in a canyon where if someone is stupid enough to take them, they deserve them.

Dropping off a canyon into the poison oak to paint steel is good exercise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It'd take some tools to get that plate; it was nailed to a big stump with spikes about 6" long.

I've not been shy about pointing out where these particular plates are hung; they are up by an informal range that we locals have been using for decades, so I talk to lots of shooters when I'm shooting at the plates. They stop and chat. Anyway someone else went in and painted it orange... then about a month later it went missing. So, who knows. A little annoying to be sure. That was my only big plate. I still have a bunch of the 10" round ones, hooking up with a 'Fire member on Monday who's got a couple other friends that he's giving some to... I like the thought of sending steel out into the shooting world, just not that particular piece! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.