Print Thread
Hop To
N
North61 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
I have a 6.5 Rem Mag 660 that still shoots but is pretty worn and has some damage. Use to get inch groups at 200 yards! Now is a pedestrian MOA and heading south. What is a rebarreling job with a good barrel worth, and who does good work in Western Canada that can finish in less than a year?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Try Rocky mountain Rifles in Chetwynd.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Also known as Corlane Sports, and that would be my call as well ... 250 782 2111

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Rocky Mountain Rifles are Corlanes Sports in Dawson Creek. Rod is the guy you want to talk to. A new barrel with threading and chambering will likely be in the $700 to $800 range. I just talked to a guy a few days ago that is getting a 7mm done at Corlanes and I'm sure he said the barrel would come to $800. David Henry Gunworks in Bentley Alta also does good work. Both have done work for me and I would go back to either one.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Check out Ted Gaillard in Saskatchewan for barrels,they are a first class product.I am having a 6.5 Rem Mag built at the present time by Bill Leeper(Greydog) and it will have a #2 Shilen barrel finished at 24".I'm not a Corelanes fan. Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 06/26/11.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
North61;
You have been given some excellent leads so far.

I've dealt with Rod up at Corlane for some parts and he's worked on some guns for family as well. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

To throw up a couple other names, should you be interested.

We've had one rifle that was rebarreled by Mick McPhee in Kamloops and I've seen others that he's done too. He does very fine work and I'd have no trouble recommending him.

We have had 4 rifles rebarreled by Chris Wilcox in Cherryville and were always happy with the work, turnaround time and the fees charged.

Good luck with your project whichever way you decide.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by North61
I have a 6.5 Rem Mag 660 that still shoots but is pretty worn and has some damage. Use to get inch groups at 200 yards! Now is a pedestrian MOA and heading south. What is a rebarreling job with a good barrel worth, and who does good work in Western Canada that can finish in less than a year?

In town (Whitehorse) there is Jim that is making a really great job.

i dont have his coordinates here but pm me and ill give them to you.

all the best.

Phil

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Corlanes / Rocky Mountain Rifles have done the last couple for me. Last was a new barrel in 338-06AI and other work placed on a Sako m75 Greywolf.

Great work. Good people. And they are only about 2hrs away from me...so that helped too.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My first experience with Corlanes went very well but took over a year.

The second one was a complete failure that also took a long time. In their defense they went good for the money that I paid in advance and in full. To their offence there was no apology and, "Oh yeah, I guess we forgot all about that. You want your money back or do you want us to put you in the line now?"

Life is too short to deal with that kind of performance and attitude. I would spend your money somwewhere else...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
My first experience with Corlanes went very well but took over a year.

The second one was a complete failure that also took a long time. In their defense they went good for the money that I paid in advance and in full. To their offence there was no apology and, "Oh yeah, I guess we forgot all about that. You want your money back or do you want us to put you in the line now?"

Life is too short to deal with that kind of performance and attitude. I would spend your money somwewhere else...

My last was rifle dropped off June 13, picked up late October that year. Was completed earlier but I was gone on my anuual Moose Hunt with the guys. They did oder the barrel blank prior to me getting them my rifle by about 3 weeks.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sorry, but why are you considering rebarreling a hunting rifle that shoots MOA?

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by bedrock
Rocky Mountain Rifles are Corlanes Sports in Dawson Creek. Rod is the guy you want to talk to. A new barrel with threading and chambering will likely be in the $700 to $800 range. I just talked to a guy a few days ago that is getting a 7mm done at Corlanes and I'm sure he said the barrel would come to $800. David Henry Gunworks in Bentley Alta also does good work. Both have done work for me and I would go back to either one.

Saw this post and WOW...IT&D Custom Firearms in Minerva, OH, USA will do that for a lot less [U.S. Dollars] ...IF the customs people let it get over and back. He has done good work for me. He is on the web and has done work for lots of guys in Alaska,who seem happy as well.

Last edited by BuckeyeSpecial; 07/11/11.
N
North61 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Why not?

The barrel is heading south.

N
North61 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
I'm sorry, but why are you considering rebarreling a hunting rifle that shoots MOA?

It has a bit of rust damage...however the cost of getting the work done in Canada seems very high! Our Dollar is through the roof and costs haven't dropped at all? I don't get it.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Buckeye, it's getting difficult to find a good quality barrel for less than 400 bucks and my last one cost 450. Throw 200 or so at chambering and threading and all of a sudden you're in the 700 range. You'll likely knock some off that with a sporter barrel but I'm not sure how much. Maybe with a little luck you might come in for 500 or less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.