-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't dough for a second they are good scopes, but it is hard to change from a proven winner over the last forty plus years .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I almost forgot i have four or five Nikon scopes also

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
I almost forgot i have four or five Nikon scopes also

Forgive me, but your scope buying habits don't sound like sticking to a proven winner for 40 plus years! wink grin

Re Meopta, I like the ones I have have and think they represent good value for money.

That said, I am sure there are a dozen other brands that produce scopes equally good or better and which I would have been equally happy with..

If you are happy with your choice of scopes and they work for you, thats the important thing!

Happy 4th July!

Regards,

Peter

Last edited by Pete E; 07/04/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep i have branched out in the last few years, but Leupold is still my favorite as of today

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I mounted a Meopta for a client. I was unimpressed. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

I was using the Zeiss along side a Nikon Prostaff yesterday. I actually prefered the Prostaff.
I will give you $100 for your Zeiss so that you can buy another Prostaff while they are on clearance from Cabela's if you'd like? I sold my Prostaff and while it was a solid reliable scope, the glass left a lot to be desired, and the turrets on the scope were just as bad.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Swampman700
A little off topic but I just bought my first Zeiss. I don't like it near as well as my Leupolds.

Uh oh...the chinese are making counterfeit Zeiss scopes now.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Eremicus
I find that very strange. First of all, there are no 56mm, VX3 Leupolds.
Second, I'm wondering how you focused the Leupold. You see, the difference between tested light transmition for Leupolds between twilight conditions and daylight conditions is very small. So, there must be another reason for the differences you saw. E

your funny E
This web page LEOPOULD.COM must be wrong then. Not to mention there are different options offered in germany than in the states due to the higher standards and different hunting conditions.
I'm counting five 56mm leopoulds on this page alone. Now I'm starting to think your not stubborn, you just don't know what your talking about.
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/vx-3l-riflescopes/vx-3l-3-5-10x56mm/

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jagd

your funny E
Now I'm starting to think your not stubborn, you just don't know what your talking about.

Ask E about Leupolds use of *real* crushed diamonds in their hard lens coating.... grin

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Pete E

your funny E
Now I'm starting to think your not stubborn, you just don't know what your talking about.

Ask E about Leupolds use of *real* crushed diamonds in their hard lens coating.... grin

This must be some fantastic new technology lol.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

your funny E

E is actually a really nice guy but lets just say he gets "over enthusiastic" about Leupold and has been known to have a bit of a "man-crush" on one or two writers/posters on here! grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like JB said, he lacks objectivity.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most top end scopes from all manufactures are good. My Nikons are the Monarch or the M223 series. I will purchase a Meopta and see how they compare to the others. They do have a good rating . Zeiss Conquest and Nikon Prostaff Scope , i just don't see the comparison between the two. Like comparing a Porsche to a Yugo

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd bet if you could do a blind test....cover up the scope except for being able to view through it you'd not find a nickle's worth of difference between a Conquest, VX3, Meopta, Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Pentax Lightseeker, or a Burris Signature Select.

I do not understand for, the life of me, why Leupold doesn't have some sort of hydrophobic lens coatings on at least the VX3/FX3 series.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'd bet if you could do a blind test....cover up the scope except for being able to view through it you'd not find a nickle's worth of difference between a Conquest, VX3, Meopta, Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Pentax Lightseeker, or a Burris Signature Select.

I do not understand for, the life of me, why Leupold doesn't have some sort of hydrophobic lens coatings on at least the VX3/FX3 series.

I sure wouldn't bet against you on this.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

In daylight, I'd bet you're right.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

your funny E

E is actually a really nice guy but lets just say he gets "over enthusiastic" about Leupold and has been known to have a bit of a "man-crush" on one or two writers/posters on here! grin

E also has a sense of humor. He's had all of us chasing the hook for years. Funny, I have more respect for him now than I ever have. He knows what he's doing. I think he starts every focusing post laughing his azz off, knowing he'll send a lot of us into a tail-spin. He's got a sense of humor and he's sly too. I'd like to meet him one day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leupold is suckin hind tit on this one. No matter how good their warranty service is. There is just NO comparison. And with Leupolds high prices, I'd not give one a second look. While the Leupy may work well for some, my money will be spent on Meopta.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
grin grin grin

[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Foxbat

In daylight, I'd bet you're right.

I'd be willing to bet in all legal hunting light situations. For instance, last November we had a mule deer hunter with some sort of custom gun wearing a S&B Klassic 4-16x50 with that circle reticle (whatever you call it). Sweet rig, and great glass to say the least. My buddy had his 7STW with a VXII 3-9x40. He killed a 185 class buck at very, very last legal light. I had my buddy's gun beside me while watching the killing through the spotter. I could have killed that buck with the Leupy also, no problem at 300 yards. The S&B was a little brighter and somewhat sharper, but, surprisingly to my eyes not enough that I couldn't have killed that buck too.
[Linked Image  <br></div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of "poop" here.

1. First of all, asking someone else to judge an instrument on their eyes for your eyes doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

2. What is "good", what is "bright", what are all of those other subjective words?

3. What is "good" service?

4. Testing scopes objectively is like testing cold weather boots objectively. You don't wear one pair one day and one pair the next day and say which is warmer. You put one on one foot and one on the other foot. For scopes, you take one of each, and you look at things at the same time with both under identical conditions, at basically the same time, with the same eye, and then you will know.

5. As for service, who knows. The guy that claims he had a bunch of scopes fixed and had great service might be more patient than you. He might be harder on his scopes. Or, the scopes he was getting fixed might have been horseshit scopes.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.