Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You sound more right than wrong.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Daily Caller: Mitt Romney Snags Coveted Alec Baldwin Endorsement

Yeah sure sounds like our man sick

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Sure is a lot of pissin and moaning around here but the simple fact remains; unless the GOP sends up a candidate who can take a large percentage of the "middle" votes BHO glides into a second deadly term.
No offense but I'm getting tired of this bullschit theory because it isn't based on reality or proven by history at all. Why is it that people claim a conservative can't win? What's your proof? Who says the "middle" wouldn't vote for a conservative over Hussein? The historical fact is that we haven't nominated a conservative since Ronald Reagan and what happened then? A friggin landslide victory with PLENTY of middle voters. Just the contrary to what you and others have claimed on this subject. We nominate a "moderate" like McCain and we lose to the most under qualified candidate to ever hold office. Show me ANY conservative in the last 50 years that ran on the republican ticket and lost- name ANY. You can't. And because of that, I will never accept this attitude ever.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Exactly!! We need another Know-Nothing with dementia in the White House!!!!
I thought you were voting Obama. Oh...you weren't being sarcastic! Gotcha.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Sure is a lot of pissin and moaning around here but the simple fact remains; unless the GOP sends up a candidate who can take a large percentage of the "middle" votes BHO glides into a second deadly term.
No offense but I'm getting tired of this bullschit theory because it isn't based on reality or proven by history at all. Why is it that people claim a conservative can't win? What's your proof? Who says the "middle" wouldn't vote for a conservative over Hussein? The historical fact is that we haven't nominated a conservative since Ronald Reagan and what happened then? A friggin landslide victory with PLENTY of middle voters. Just the contrary to what you and others have claimed on this subject. We nominate a "moderate" like McCain and we lose to the most under qualified candidate to ever hold office. Show me ANY conservative in the last 50 years that ran on the republican ticket and lost- name ANY. You can't. And because of that, I will never accept this attitude ever.

Never said a Conservative couldn't win. Reagan won because he was up against a very unpopular incumbent. That was then this is now. The Republican will be going against a popular Black incumbent who has the MSM in his pocket. Unless that Republican can capture a large percent of the middle BHO will glide to a second term.

Send up a rightwingnut and sit back to endure four more years.

Romney will be the nominee.

I have not endorsed Romney or any other candidate.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
And just how was Reagan a conservative? He more than tripled the debt. He may have played the part of conservative, but remember he was an actor. His actions tell a different story. Of course, he had Alzheimer's during his second term.

Get used to it, fellas---- Obama 2012!!!

Last edited by Paddler; 07/04/11.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FOAD

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It isn't a "fact". Hate to break it to you "Your Eliteness" but your opinion is just that, an opinion.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Never said a Conservative couldn't win. Reagan won because he was up against a very unpopular incumbent. That was then this is now. The Republican will be going against a popular Black incumbent who has the MSM in his pocket. Unless that Republican can capture a large percent of the middle BHO will glide to a second term.

Send up a rightwingnut and sit back to endure four more years.

How can anyone consider somebody with a 40% approval rating a popular president???? Outlaw Patriot was exactly right about conservatives being able to win the mysterious "middle".

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
[ The historical fact is that we haven't nominated a conservative since Ronald Reagan and what happened then?

Lets not pretend that Regan was all about tax cuts guys! He spoke well but he also was the king of expanding big government and tax increases.

And while Reagan somewhat slowed the marginal rate of growth in the budget, it continued to increase during his time in office. So did the debt, skyrocketing from $700 billion to $3 trillion

His creation of the department of veterans affairs contributed to an increase in the federal workforce of more than 60,000 people during his presidency.

Reagan actually ended up raising taxes - eleven times. That's according to former Republican Sen. Alan Simpson, a longtime Reagan friend who co-chaired President Obama's fiscal commission that last year offered a deficit reduction proposal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20030729-503544.html

Conservatives love Regan for what they wanted him to be but not so much for who he was.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 07/04/11.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is it that no one can ever mention Reagan without having 10 people go off on a damn tangent about his record being conservative or not? The point was that no one here can name a conservative that was on the ticket and lost in the last half century- period. So, when people make this generic claim that we have to somehow cow tow to the wishy washy "middle" in order to win an election, it's based completely one someone's subjective opinion of a hypothetical election. So why should be sell out the conservative cause and sacrifice our principles because someone has a gut feeling that a conservative can't get any "middle" votes?

Romney is Obama lite. He instituted state run healthcare. He's supported ethanol subsidies that are depleting our topsoil for no good reason. He's personally granted same sex marriage licenses as governor despite his claim to oppose it. He's talked about supporting the global warming agenda. He lost to McCain who lost to Obama. He's now talking about reaching across the aisle right when the country needs a man of character to stand up for the opposition and draw a line in the sand.

He's a RINO republican from a blue state. The left wants Romney to run. They think they can beat the man because he doesn't represent anything radically different than their own candidate. And if he did win, they can manipulate him into giving into their agenda to at least a lesser degree.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 07/05/11.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I see the dems are running around the idea of late that the republicans are purposely killing the economy. Uh, no, look in the mirror for real reason.

I hope it's a two-way mirror. There's no doubt the liberals have us on a break neck pace to hell. But the republicans have been part of the problem, just to a lesser degree. And Romney will fit that bill perfectly as he carries out his contract with the enemy under the guise of "compromise for the common good". There is NO MORE ROOM for compromise on anything in my opinion. In fact, anything less than someone willing to do a 180 degree turn in this country will bear witness to and be complicit in our peril.
I agree, but what the Democrats mean when they disingenuously suggest the Republicans are intentionally trying to ruin the economy is that what the Tea Party Republicans are doing is that, e.g., refusing to raise the debt limit and such.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
You may be right�

June 04 2011
Daily Caller: Mitt Romney Snags Coveted Alec Baldwin Endorsement
laugh Oh yeah. That will excite the Republican base alright. This is going to be Clinton vs Dole all over again with that loser.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well said.

I'm always suspicious of folks claiming to be conservative Republicans with the recommendation that Spanky is constantly putting out there, because it's identical to the recommendation Republicans invariably receive from the radical left, i.e., folks who don't have the best interest of the Republican Party at heart. Makes me very suspicious indeed. Why is Spanky's advice to Republicans identical to that of radical leftists? I know why they give us that advice (because they're hoping we're stupid enough to follow it). Why does he, is the question.

You want to win? Then take the advice given to the Republican Party by the radical left and turn it on its head.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Reagan won because he was up against a very unpopular incumbent. Send up a rightwingnut and sit back to endure four more years.
OK, that says it all right there. Those two sentences reveal that you are no conservative. A conservative understands that conservatism is a winning message because it makes sense once competently explained and defended. Reagan won because conservatism, competently explained and defended, is a winning political philosophy, and that because it's grounded in reality. Calling "rightwingism" (i.e., the advocacy of constitutionally limited and decentralized government) nuts reveals you as a non-rightwinger. You slipped, my friend.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Paddler
And just how was Reagan a conservative? He more than tripled the debt.
He had a Democrat Congress.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Lets not pretend that Regan was all about tax cuts guys! He spoke well but he also was the king of expanding big government and tax increases.
For the current discussion, it doesn't matter whether or not he was truly a conservative (I say he was, but that's irrelevant for this discussion). The important question is whether the American people believed he was. They most definitely did (that was also the constant message from the MSM), and he was elected in two landslides.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawk, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes grin

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by arctic338

It isn't a "fact". Hate to break it to you "Your Eliteness" but your opinion is just that, an opinion.

Hate to break it to you but my statement is fact not opinion. Anyone who believes the Presidency can be won without a significant share of the "middle" vote is delusional.

BHO's approvals are in the 40's now but wait till next year this time after the MSM has has pushed him above 50%. It will be impossible to defeat him with a Ron Paul or other rightwingnutcase.---Spano, the Elite one.

I have not yet endorsed any candidate

Last edited by Spanokopitas; 07/05/11.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Hate to break it to you but my statement is fact not opinion. Anyone who believes the Presidency can be won without a significant share of the "middle" vote is delusional.
No one denies that. You're railing against a straw man with that one. The only question in consideration is how that objective is achieved. History shows that your way leads to Clinton defeating Bush and Dole in two consecutive elections, and Obama defeating McCain. Our way leads to Reagan defeating Carter and Mondale in two consecutive landslides.

George H.W. Bush, Dole, and McCain were portrayed as, and believed to be, compromisers who would appeal to the middle. Reagan was portrayed as, and believed to be, uncompromisingly conservative. Reagan's approach drew in the independents, while G.H.W. Bush (term run number two), Dole, and McCain, failed miserably to do so.

G.H.W. Bush won his first term only because he was Reagan's vice president, and people thought they were voting for four more years of Reagan, i.e., uncompromising conservatism, which goes to disprove your theory (and the theory held by the left in general) that the Reagan phenomenon was strictly a personality thing. Only when G.H.W Bush proved to be a compromiser who could deal with the left and thus "appeal to the middle" was he defeated by a leftist Democrat.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (arky65, Aviator, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.