Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I just watched Schindler's List for the first time tonight and that was one powerful movie. IMO, it'd be hard to watch a movie like that and not be moved.

I'm in my early 40s and feel that most people my age and younger have no concept of that level of evil and brutality. I'd like to think those days are behind us as well but this is/was a good reminder about what a true blessing it is to live in a (so far) free country with 2A protection.

It also highlights the importance of our upcoming 2012 election and the absolute necessity of getting this country turned around and headed in a new direction!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious...

Did you see the uncut version, of the edited one usually shown on US TV?

The uncut shows full frontal nudity (breasts, penises, pubic hair) to show the way the Nazis stripped the concentration camp victims. It is very brief (just a few seconds) but still is a bit shocking and effective in revealing the inhumanity of the Nazis.

A great movie. Watch it again and you will see detail after detail. I have seen it 3 times.

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should see The Grey Zone also.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jpb
The uncut shows full frontal nudity (breasts, penises, pubic hair) to show the way the Nazis stripped the concentration camp victims.
Essentially what our Federal Government is doing to everyone who chooses to travel by airplane.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Depths of Evil go even deeper. The Nazis had no apologists. Joe Stalin however had a whole bunch especially The New York Times and a politico named W.Averill Harriman. Keep your eyes open to what really happened in history. You will either want to run and hide or slaughter the minions of such pure evil.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes a great movie that should be required watching for all Highschool seniors.

May I suggest you read the book as well ? It gets into more detail and your mind will see things the movie could never show.

Had all the Jews only been well armed..........

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A very powerful movie; it should be seen by all.

My folks had neighbors who suffered under the Nazis. He (Jewish) was on business in London when the Nazis invaded Austria; she (Catholic) was rounded up and put into a concentration camp. He eventually made it to the US and enlisted in the US Army, was commissioned and sent back to Europe. After the war, he was examining a camp and she recognized him; he could not recognize her. They came to the US and located in College Park MD.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Although it doesn't cover the scope of Schindler's List, another good book and movie that graphically illustrate how ordinary Germans got caught up in the evils of Nazism, is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It contains a particularly relevant lesson for younger people, especially teenagers.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
There is nothing left to say. Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were the essence of the pure evil. They murdered their countrymen by the millions. Hitler was also an idiot, if he would have used the collective intelligence of the jews in Germany he probably would have won WW2. After all most of the folks that were responsible for the development of the A bomb and the H bomb were Jewish.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Isn't Schindler's List about 15 years old at this point? Did anyone see the Seinfeld episode where they use it? Cute.

Yup, a powerful movie. Didn't Liam Neeson get the Oscar for best actor that year? The movie mopped 'em up if I recall. I thought it made it even more powerful that it was filmed in B&W and I thought Ralph Fiennes was terrific as the sadistic camp leader.

The way life should be.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I thought Speilberg was just trying to appeal to the art house crowd with the black and white with just some inserted color. It wasn't till the second time I watched it, that I caught on and appreciated what he was trying to do.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I rented the Schindler's List movie when it was released in VHS video and could only bare watching in full one time. I've since watched parts of it on network television. In my opinion The Pianist is another fairly recent movie worth watching.

A high school I attended (early 60's) had a high percentage of Jewish kid's enrolled there. Most had relatives or family friends that were either in the concentration camp's or managed to escape capture.

Looking back now, at that time it was only a little more than 20 years from when it all actually happened.

I've seen the faded, though still legible ID number tattooed on a Jewish neighbor's, mother's arm. Quite sobering to say the least - Never forget.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A great movie that deserved all the Academy Awards and all the other awards it received.

But Steven Spielberg being the good liberal that he is�left out the part that Oskar Schindler tried to buy guns on the black market so that his Jews could make a last stand.

Hollywood don�t need no movies supporting private gun ownership and the paramount reason for the 2nd Amendment.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you have the chance you might read a bit of the history --books written by people who experienced that ....

Most of the first person books are long out of print but used book stores may have some.

The movie is very moving and demonstrates some of the horrors and brutality.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A movie that I watched awhile back and that I found disturbing
was "Amistad" at the beginning one of the African girls throws herself and her baby overboard rather than become a slave.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can't believe that Amistad scene was based in reality, more theatre than reality.

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw the flick about 4 times in the theater when it came out. I was in HS at the time.

We weren't required to see it for school but we were required to read Night by Elie Wiesel.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jpb
The uncut shows full frontal nudity (breasts, penises, pubic hair) to show the way the Nazis stripped the concentration camp victims.
Essentially what our Federal Government is doing to everyone who chooses to travel by airplane.

Comparing airport searches to what the jews went through. Just when I think your last post couldn't POSSIBLY be any dumber, you pull another one out of your gluteal cleft...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want to see the real brutality of the Nazis see the movie Verboten. (sp) It is truely horrific and is really hard to sit through.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We watched it in history.

It was a good movie and I had allergies when the little girl in the red coat was found.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 74 invisible), 2,194 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.