Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I got to meet Bill Jordan at a gunshow, where he was selling his book. Shook his hand, it reached up to my elbow! Dang he had big hands! His book, which he autographed for me, is a pretty good read.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
It is an attribute sorely lacking by many of the ignorant [bleep] who populate the handgun forum. I always enjoyed twisting the hide of a toothless bulldog through the fence, so I'll continue to waste a little time here on occasion.

Oh, and Rufus, go [bleep] yourself.

You kiss your sister with that mouth?

Your "I always enjoyed twisting the hide of a toothless bulldog through the fence" comment IS quite telling of your personality. The forums are a nice place for paper tigers to posture and feel better about themselves. No chance of getting bit.

First off, I don't have a sister, and I really guess I am a "paper tiger". I have "papers/graduation certificates" from Infantry School (age 18) Airborne School (20), SFQC (23), Jumpmaster School (23), and orders to a combat theater.

My, you are good at name dropping......

Troll away

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I got to meet Bill Jordan at a gunshow, where he was selling his book. Shook his hand, it reached up to my elbow! Dang he had big hands! His book, which he autographed for me, is a pretty good read.

Absolute FACT and I too have "No Second Place Winner" signed by him.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, time to dig out the muck boots I see.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You know I must be an odd duck because my safe contains both Glocks and 1911s. I have gone into harms way with both and consider both to be excellent tools.

The man running them seems to be the deciding factor in the outcome of an altercation.

Firing pallet loads of ammo in training,while utilizing the fundamentals of marksmanship seems to help a bit too.

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by avagadro
Kevin .... I agree wholeheartedly ... But there are two sides to the game ... Many 1911 afficinados here don't give the glock its props also. Never owned a glock, never wanted to (do own a XD) but the bias rolls each way IMHO
I'll be the first to give a Glock it's props. I don't understand those who ascribe mystical status to it, and I don't understand those who think anything but a Glock is a bad idea. But I consider the Glock to be a very good choice if that's what you like. I like Glocks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If learning from the really smart people you've come in contact with in your travels constitutes being a "name-dropper", I'm guilty as charged. It is an attribute sorely lacking by many of the ignorant [bleep] who populate the handgun forum. I always enjoyed twisting the hide of a toothless bulldog through the fence, so I'll continue to waste a little time here on occasion. Some of the other forums actually have people smart enough to locate their own asses.

Why thank you for the compliment, it is good to be in such company
I might have to add ignorant [bleep] to my signature line

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/28/11.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
You know I must be an odd duck because my safe contains both Glocks and 1911s. I have gone into harms way with both and consider both to be excellent tools.

The man running them seems to be the deciding factor in the outcome of an altercation.

Firing pallet loads of ammo in training,while utilizing the fundamentals of marksmanship seems to help a bit too.

Cheers!

Mickey
I have a friend known since childhood that has now retired from a local sheriff's department. He has been a gun loonie longer than me, which says quite a bit. One day at lunch i was commenting on his generation one glock department issued pistol, rather ragged and wobegotten from all the wear through the years and asked him what he thought about it. He gave me a line that i Kept. He said "it was a perfectly aedequate bullet dispenser." I have always remember that. Glocks don't have much soul to them, but they do work and i own more than one.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I just like to stir up the anti-Glock crowd!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
cols paul
I think the anti glock stuff is funny. I call them the pistol i love to hate but also love to carry.
Was talking to a green beanie a few years ago recently at that time back from the stans. He said that he started witha beretta, switched to a hi power, but finished up with a glock 17.
Why? Because they always worked even in the dirt.
glocks don't have much of a soul, but they do work. Just like the loose tolerance WWII 1911

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I worked at an Indoor range for a number of years. We had rental guns there and those guns got tortured. The Glock's ran like champs. They would shoot untill they were so dirty you could hardly pull the slide back. We would then just take them...hose them out with Gun Scrubber, squirt some oil in them and give them back to shooters...the S&W Auto were like that too and both the S&W's and the Glocks never really broke...cannot say that of the Sig's...they cracked frames everytime in less than a year especailly the Sig P220. I really like the glock 19 except that I cannot shoot them well....its a trigger thing...I am sure I could train my way thru that problem but heart will always belong to the 1911.

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
cols paul
I think the anti glock stuff is funny. I call them the pistol i love to hate but also love to carry.
Was talking to a green beanie a few years ago recently at that time back from the stans. He said that he started witha beretta, switched to a hi power, but finished up with a glock 17.
Why? Because they always worked even in the dirt.
glocks don't have much of a soul, but they do work. Just like the loose tolerance WWII 1911
You know, every pistol has its strengths and weaknesses. I dont see Glock as being any different, and thus; I don't see why anyone would specifically be "anti-Glock".

I have found some Glock owners to be a bit irrational, but the Glock is a good gun. Does it have some issues? Yes it does; but so does every other pistol in the world. The "Perfection" that Glock speaks of has yet to be achieved by anyone in my book.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pistols are no different than cars or rifles:

Good experiences = life long fan.

Bad experiences = life long hater.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Pistols are no different than cars or rifles:

Good experiences = life long fan.

Bad experiences = life long hater.

Travis

That about says it all and includes wives to.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most definitely includes wives...whew!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Forgot the wives. Thanks DD...

Travis

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I have to agree with Mackay_Sagebrush, again, on this one. He said it better than I could and said all that needs to be said. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Most definitely includes wives...whew!!

Just saw your ex wife last night Kevin.....I cannot say in this forum what she told me to tell you.....LOL

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, I know...give her my love.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The two handguns I have never had a misfire, misdeed, mistake of any sort are 9mm glocks and 38 special revolvers or smith and wesson centerfire revolvers in general, of these I have conservatively owned over a dozen copies, 9 mm glocks may not be mythical but your odds that they will work are pretty good.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.