Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Boy your quick. Or did you have this all ready to go in the first place?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well you are pretty good at linking to guns and scopes that are showing high asking price.

First off, there is a big difference in price between a brand new scope in the box from the retailer and one you have opened and installed.

Second, the mounts regularly sell for under $25 with rings.

Third, the prices that you were given here were for the gun with the tag and box.

And if you really did sell it for $1500, then good for you. Thats $1100 for the gun which is at least $200 more than I have ever seen one sell for but I don't care to pay close attention these days as they do not interest me much. In my opinion (and its just that) you can buy a lot nicer 99 to hunt with than one of those ugly anniversary guns for $1100!!!

Congrats on what I can only assume is a large profit margin, it would not be the first 99 I have seen sell for an amount much higher than most collectors would ever imagine. Another member and I were just exchanging PMs on a not factory drilled and tapped EG that was selling for over $800... I would have never thought it would go over $500.

Andrew
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Why don't you find some auctions with actual 'sold for' prices?

You can ask anything you like. The consumer will tell you what it's worth.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great example on that first one. It's been listed 4 times without selling at $1,195. Actually.. I think it's on it's 10th listing.

Anyway, it ain't selling.

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by olgrouser
aholoic,

If I hadn't removed myself from the PM you sent me, I post it now to reveal the extent of your ignorance!

Fare well.

Post what? That I asked you a question about a classifieds forum? Oh Boy please don't hold back! Reveal my ignorance and try to embarrass me, your words mean nothing. You told me a rifle was worth $600 and I sold it for over twice that amount so who's ignorant?

Last edited by Elk_aholic; 07/31/11.
IC B2

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Great example on that first one. It's been listed 4 times without selling at $1,195. Actually.. I think it's on it's 10th listing.

Anyway, it ain't selling.

I'd hope not, did you look at the condition? It was all scratched up...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares!

Every single one of them poorly made sales gimmicks is a piece of junk anyways. If I had one I'd have it made into a lamp.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Who cares!

Every single one of them poorly made sales gimmicks is a piece of junk anyways. If I had one I'd have it made into a lamp.

agreed! I'm glad I got rid of it! I think ALL Savge 99's and 95's are uglier than a stack of [bleep]. I'm glad its going to be out of my safe.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Elk_aholic
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Who cares!

agreed! I'm glad I got rid of it! I think ALL Savge 99's and 95's are uglier than a stack of [bleep]. I'm glad its going to be out of my safe.

C'mon fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just when I'm thinking the fellas that regularly contribute here are some of the smartest on the planet,wellllllllllllllllll, some of you anyhow ( grin grin grin grin) you destroy my thoughts. CAN'T YOU SPOT A TROLL???????????????????????????????????

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

E
OP Offline
E
Who gives a [bleep] what YOU think I am... This forum blows wang anyway so feel free to ban me anytime asswipe.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm wondering if this guy is another of Larry Root's incarnations. What a maroon.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
E
OP Offline
E
I've never been on this site before in my life and I really don't want to stay so please ban my IP and delete my posts or whatever you see fit. Once again thanks for the "Expert Opinions"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info but after selling this one today I'm good with the Savage 99's, I'm more of a BLR type guy anyway.

This thread got some chuckles outta me. If this guy is into BLRs, which are the ugliest effin lever gun ever madeit just shows he has no taste or class. Do us all a favor troll_aholic, pound dirt

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by billy336
Thanks for the info but after selling this one today I'm good with the Savage 99's, I'm more of a BLR type guy anyway.

This thread got some chuckles outta me. If this guy is into BLRs, which are the ugliest effin lever gun ever madeit just shows he has no taste or class. Do us all a favor troll_aholic, pound dirt

grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody gets banned from here, so if you're trying to see how obnoxious you can be before it happens, it won't.

You came and asked a question. We gave you an honest answer. You found a sucker who'll pay 100%+ of what we typically see NIB ones go for, plus 100%+ of what you paid to scope it.

Now that everything has come up roses for you, why hang around and be a jerk? Feel free to hang around and participate, or feel free to leave and start a BLR Collectors forum.

Lot better things to do with your time than waste it here.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
By the by, John Browning had nothing to do with the BLR. It came along about 30 or 40 years after he died. If I remember correctly, it was a guy named Karl Lewis who designed it, although there is some speculation that he was channeling JMB when he did. whistle

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
E
OP Offline
E
How did I mark up the scope 100%? I bought it from Midway USA... I know i'm just a dumb [bleep] and I paid WAAAy too much for it but I thought it was a good deal... Not all of us have the "Price Hook-up" like you "experts"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=122430

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't say you marked it up 100%, I said you got 100%+ of the value by your reckoning. Because once any scope leaves the store, the value goes down - just like a car or boat.

The Commemoratives aren't a fond model here, because it's called an 1895 commemorative. But, it doesn't look like an 1895, it's not chambered in 303 savage like the 1895's were, it's just a silly gun Savage put together and sold. Doesn't mean folks here don't have them, quite a few do just to fill out their collections. And they wouldn't sell theirs for $900 either, why put a hole in a collection for the going rate on GB?

But.. NIB 1895's seem to bring about $900 on the internet. It's the general price you can find if you wait a bit. Sounds like you found yourself a buyer who doesn't know about gunbroker or auction arms, those kind of buyers are nice. Just be happy and calm down.

E
OP Offline
E
I'm calm cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 10,035 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,340
Posts18,546,401
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.