Print Thread
Hop To
Page 719 of 1,842 1 2 717 718 719 720 721 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
choke cherries from around home here tonight. The 2 boys and I picked em up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

hopefully we will do well on these out at deer camp this coming weekend too.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got grapes here that are just starting to ripen, I can't wait for a couple bottles of wine and a bunch of jars of jelly

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
It might be cool if'n it was Purple and Gold.... not Green and Gold! Pink was a much better choice all things considered.

Shopping for Mini Vans is not enjoyable. eek

Think I'll contact your wife and have her do an internet search in the Green Bay area for a van. Bet she could find one in Packer colors for you. cool

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Loons seem to know just when you hit the shudder release. I had several of them near the boat this summer and they'd turn or dive just as I pressed the release.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What ever the reasons, we've become quite fond of that nice shot Pam got on that cloudy day back in June.

certainly luck had everything to do with the conditions but she still had to hold the camera still, get the focus point right and more importantly than anything, she had to press the shutter button lol!

I think most opportunities are blown simply because nobody had a camera or nobody had one ready or maybe they just didn't think to take a picture.

I like the packers van in B-man's driveway idea.

grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Having lurked around this thread for a few years, I have made this observation: This thread should NOT have a sticky. It should be it's own entity. Just like Deer Hunting or Elk Hunting or Big Game Hunting, this should be in and of itself the Birth of a Deer Camp. Who do we see to get this done!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Really nice of you to say John, thanks.

But the deer camp thread has accidentally become more of a blog... (I think) I'm not entirely up to speed on the definition of such things, blogging, tweeting, facebook and whatever other strange modern means of sharing there are in the internet world.

It's not like anything else in the forums here and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

It must take up an enormous chunk of bandwidth and I can only hope that it helps generate a bit of site traffic to help make up for its enormous size.

My biggest concern is that it is an eyesore, an annoyance or a burden on the site.

Thanks much for the supportful words though, it�s quite flattering.

We�ll see which way the wind blows it.

Rick hasn�t answered my PM, it�s marked as unread. I�m not certain how often he pops in to check on the locals here grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just sprained my brain envisioning a Mini van in Packer colors. eek Bill, coming up with that idea was ... is...prolly the cruelest thing I have had happen to me on an innanet forum! Oh, the horror! You will get yours Griz...you just wait!

hey, is anyone going to Gamefair this year? Tzone? I think I am gonna take the kids down there this weekend. Lauren absolutely loved it last year.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I can almost promise you, if this thread bothered Rick, or it took up too much bandwidth, it would be removed from a sticky.

You might have to live with the fact that you started the coolest internet thread ever! smile
As you said, it is pretty amazing when you look back on it,not one mean spirited argument, or bashing. Sure we might disagree on some things, but it's no different than buds sitting around camp discussing things such as tracking deer, bullets to use, why we're not seeing grouse we saw last year... I hope Rick doesn't listen to you. smile

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

hey, is anyone going to Gamefair this year? Tzone? I think I am gonna take the kids down there this weekend. Lauren absolutely loved it last year.

I might be able to go on Sunday, but it would be later in the afternoon. It runs next weekend too right? or was it last weekend? We have a wedding in Wausau on Sat, but we're just going for the day. Yuck. Long day.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When you hear or see a Loon you know your in the North Country. The call of the Loon is unique. There's nothing in the world that I know of that beats going to sleep or waking up to the sound of a Loon.

I have a Loon print hanging in our bedroom.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I just sprained my brain envisioning a Mini van in Packer colors. eek Bill, coming up with that idea was ... is...prolly the cruelest thing I have had happen to me on an innanet forum! Oh, the horror! You will get yours Griz...you just wait!

Your most welcome. Glad I could help you out. laugh

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
choke cherries from around home here tonight. The 2 boys and I picked em up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

hopefully we will do well on these out at deer camp this coming weekend too.

I picked most of them.

grin grin grin grin

Hold my mountain dew & watch this.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I don't know about "most" of em, grin But you sure helped a whole bunch at so did your little brother. Now we have to go get some more!

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, check out a van alternative, the Honda Pilot. They have 3 seats and are fairly roomy. The bad news is they don't come in either Viking or Packer colors

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ford edge?

way cooler than "miniature van"

lol!

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have looked over all of the alternatives and they either cost more or dont get as good of mileage or dont have the room. Mama's grocery getter is gonna get got pretty soon methinks. She is out cleaning up the Trailblazer in preparation to get rid of that. The kids are excited to get a mini van...they haven't been scarred by the stigma yet.

Tzone, we are going to Gamefair on Saturday. Gonna come down and stay overnight Friday night. Gotta be back up here on Sunday.

Bill, I hope your cereal turns soggy tomorrow morning!!!

And regarding arguments on this here thread:

Polaris, Vikings-Twins-Gophers, Ford, Beretta, Sako, TSX, Cabelas, Schnees, Charmin, Costco, Snickers, Elk, Pheasants, Whitetails, right-handed, Honey Nut Cheerios, and early mornings in the deer stand are the best. period. (ducking)!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My wife goes to be and wakes up with a loon every day. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Ford edge?

way cooler than "miniature van"

lol!

grin

I like those. We had one when we were in FL this spring. If I didn't use a truck, I would seriously consider it. Grizzlybill has one he can tell you all about it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Tzone, we are going to Gamefair on Saturday. Gonna come down and stay overnight Friday night. Gotta be back up here on Sunday.

Give me a shout on Friday night. We could get a beer maybe. I might have some at my house. grin

Polaris, Vikings-Twins-Gophers, Ford, Beretta, Sako, TSX, Cabelas, Schnees, Charmin, Costco, Snickers, Elk, Pheasants, Whitetails, right-handed, Honey Nut Cheerios, and early mornings in the deer stand are the best. period. (ducking)!

Well, you could do without the Polaris. grin

Page 719 of 1,842 1 2 717 718 719 720 721 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.