Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
...I think H&K also had something called a VP30Z - or something like that? All polymer, hi-cap, and DA only?

VP 70, maybe?

A friend let me shoot his one day. I took an old IPSC "Item" target and stapled it to a target frame---then stepped back and shot his VP70. The trigger was indistinguishable from the staple gun. They thought too far outside the box on that one IMO.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have had a Sheridan Knockabout for a long time and love it. The thing is crude, stamped, has a great trigger pull and shoots fantastic. Always liked the Stevens tip up 22 as well. Have had several odd balls over the years and a High Standard sportking in 22 short was a lot of fun to shoot. Russ

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
yes, H&K clearly thinks out of the box on a lot of things. I looked hard at HK91's years ago, but passed due to price. One writer commented that he'd used them for years, and the only one that ever jammed had a pebble caught in the action smile

I think H&K also had something called a VP30Z - or something like that? All polymer, hi-cap, and DA only?

It was the VP70Z which is a semi-auto only version of the VP70 machine pistol. You had to put the stock on the VP70 to get the full auto function and it was burst fire...I shot one once...fast little devil and fun....the VP70Z had an 18rd capacity and was a direct blowback pistol....neat gun...bulky and heavy top end but worked well

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's an odd one that I have no clue on.

My uncle brought it to the farm in July and we did a little shooting. Single shot, .22 LR Czech made and nicely accurate. Trigger was creepy but light and the vertical knob at the back is the cocking mechanism. He picked it up at a combo bait/gun/bar shop in Ohio for $150 (gotta love America smile )

Thoughts on what he has here?
[Linked Image]

With the break action barrel tipped up for loading.
[Linked Image]

Interesting v-notch rear site as well as an adjustable ramp
[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It looks like something designed by the Far Side cartoonist Gary Larson grin

I was about to mention a .22 single shot, but it's more of a classic one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=249487939

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thats kinda cute, wonder was it new?...Russ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

The P9S never found much of a home in military circles, but it was one of the pistols selected as fit for service in the German Police pistol trials back in the late �80�s, and I believe it was used in somewhat small numbers.

and i believe that for military general issue there are several better options... this is a handgunners handgun...
i'd never used one til we caught a ride from a naval task force in the southeastern atlantic... their liaison guy had one and allowed our team to play with it... i got back home i had to have one...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and i don't know if they don't make them today or if they just aren't imported...
i'd love to have one in a .45....

Edit;
I believe H&K dropped the roller locking concept on a handgun for the same reason that CZ abandoned it; they tend to break when you make the rollers that small.

ahh... beyond my experience...

Last edited by johnw; 09/08/11.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket
Thats kinda cute, wonder was it new?...Russ

Nope - I would have to guess 60's vintage. In good shape though. The sharply angles grip fits surprisingly well maybe because it balances well. No model number or name on it just the serial (five digit) and the Made in Czecholslovakia mark.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How about the ugly but very reliable CZ-75 ? A Very simple & well made design. And a great caliber to boot. Ballistics are right up there with the 38 Super or 357sig. I bought mine many years ago when they were 1st being imported at a local Gun Show for $99 bucks. Very acurate too. My other nomination that no one mentioned is the Cop. It was a 4 barrel derringer of sorts in 357 magnum. It had a super tough trigger & was very heavy. But it would fire the four rounds in sequence with each pull of the trigger. Not all 4 barrels at once! Thank Goodness! It was not very accurate, but was made for a last ditch up close & personal encounter. Much better than the little 380 plastic pocket autos a lot of us carry today.... Hell , It was so heavy that you could knock out your attacker if you threw it at them after running out of ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/09/11.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
How about the ugly but very reliable CZ-75 ? A Very simple & well made design. And a great caliber to boot. Ballistics are right up there with the 38 Super or 357sig. I bought mine many years ago when they were 1st being imported at a local Gun Show for $99 bucks. Very acurate too. My other nomination that no one mentioned is the Cop. It was a 4 barrel derringer of sorts in 357 magnum. It had a super tough trigger & was very heavy. But it would fire the four rounds in sequence with each pull of the trigger. Not all 4 barrels at once! Thank Goodness! It was not very accurate, but was made for a last ditch up close & personal encounter. Much better than the little 380 plastic pocket autos a lot of us carry today.... Hell , It was so heavy that you could knock out your attacker if you threw it at them after running out of ammo.

I think you mean the CZ-52 pistol...the CZ75 is a 9mm double action double colum mag gun.......the 52 is a neat gun and if you use the Tokarev ammo that is loaded up for Sub-Machineguns you get nearly 1600fps out of it.......fun gun to shoot

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stand corrected.Thanks! Mine is a CZ-52... grin
Originally Posted by JamesDunn
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I think you mean the CZ-52 pistol...the CZ75 is a 9mm double action double colum mag gun.......the 52 is a neat gun and if you use the Tokarev ammo that is loaded up for Sub-Machineguns you get nearly 1600fps out of it.......fun gun to shoot

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pugs
Here's an odd one that I have no clue on.

My uncle brought it to the farm in July and we did a little shooting. Single shot, .22 LR Czech made and nicely accurate. Trigger was creepy but light and the vertical knob at the back is the cocking mechanism. He picked it up at a combo bait/gun/bar shop in Ohio for $150 (gotta love America smile )

Thoughts on what he has here?
[Linked Image]

With the break action barrel tipped up for loading.
[Linked Image]

Interesting v-notch rear site as well as an adjustable ramp
[Linked Image]

It's a Kipplauf. (Brunner Kipplauf) The ramp sight isn't original.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bought new in 1986 for $45.

The upscale version, a Drulov bought new in 1987 for $115.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
It's a Kipplauf. (Brunner Kipplauf) The ramp sight isn't original.

Excellent info - -thanks much.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
did a search for them, not much out there and the guys that have them are pretty proud of them dollar wise.....Russ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by blanket
did a search for them, not much out there and the guys that have them are pretty proud of them dollar wise.....Russ

Picked mine up in "West" Germany, ordered from Franconia in Munich. Took about 3 weeks to get them. Bought my first BRNO ZKK there as well.

Very accurate, just utilitarian looks.

There are some very expensive/handsome Kipplauf rifles.

Tried to get an order together for a batch of the Drulovs a couple years ago, cost at the time was about $300 each.

The Drulov is a hit out shooting gophers. Anything inside of 80 yards doesn't have a chance.

I believe Kipplauf is part of the old CZ company.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking at that gun, and the S&W single shots, I always wonder if a lightweight single shot pistol wouldn't be a hit. Something smaller in bulk than a Contender, scaled for nothing larger than a .38 Special case. The grip would be the thickest part of the gun. For knocking around in the woods and pest control/small game hunting it would be pretty neat.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
one in 32H&R would be fun...Russ

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yep, or .32 Long, .32-20, .25-20...plenty of other interesting choices, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just picked this Webley up from another campfire good guy and chambered in .38 S&W it's going to be a great plinker and woods knock around gun. I do need to find some appropriate leather.

.38 S&W / .38 Sp / .357 Mag for comparison
[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,333 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.