Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course, there will never be a Ron Paul's cabinet, but whenever we have pointed out the similarities between Ron and Little Dennis, the Paulies always scream and moan.

here you have it from your hero's mouth. spin away, Paulies, on why this doesn't show your guy is a total loon.

from The Hill:

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he were to win the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left � including Kucinich, who shares Paul�s general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I can only imagine the squeals of RINO, RINO if some other GOP candidate suggested he was going to bring.....oh.....who's some other totally crazy leftie?.....Cynthia McKinney or Maxine Waters....into his cabinet.

but it'll be OK with the Paulbots, because....well, it's Ron.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That man is so far gone he is an embarrassment to TX and to the country.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Alex Jones for Press Secretary and Lew Rockwell for head of his speech writing team. Don Black should get something for all his fundraising for Paul,of course. Maybe Ambassador to Israel or some African nation.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great... crazy

Wonder if he will be chosen to be the Secretary of Peace for the [b][color:#3333FF]Department of Peace[/color][/b] that he so desperately wants to create..?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probalby not a good sign if you google image search his name and the first pic is of him with a tin foil hat on...

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kucinic, Frequently in error, but never in doubt.

He, and the possibility of him being in the Paul administration, is laughable, and frighting.

If the rumor is true, the likelihood of there being a Paul administration is comforting.

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
but it'll be OK with the Paulbots, because....well, it's Ron.
Yeah, a little objectivity on their part would go a long way towards turning down the volume on the moonbat amp from 20 to 19.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I like Dennis. I think he's an honest politician.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Honest, yes.

Completely out of reality, yes.

Scary as hell if he had any influence, yes.

I dealt with him when I interfaced with him on the Hill.

He was frequently in error(lazy on the facts) but never in doubt.

Steve

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
well that would keep the lunatics together.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ron Paul only seems like a total loon, but in fact, he's totally in the norm for a libertarian. Libertarian is neither conservative nor liberal, but something different altogether, so if Republican is conservative then Ron Paul is a RINO (Republican In Name Only). No libertarian, running as a Libertarian, has ever been elected to congress or the presidency, which is why Ron Paul runs as a Republican and hopes the press doesn't delve too deep into the loony libertarian philosophy.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Ron Paul only seems like a total loon, but in fact, he's totally in the norm for a libertarian. Libertarian is neither conservative nor liberal, but something different altogether, so if Republican is conservative then Ron Paul is a RINO (Republican In Name Only). No libertarian, running as a Libertarian, has ever been elected to congress or the presidency, which is why Ron Paul runs as a Republican and hopes the press doesn't delve too deep into the loony libertarian philosophy.

Your post is in error.

Google up some things and then post again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Your post is in error.

Take a good look at the Libertarian Party website and then tell me what you think I got wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going to be hard for him to even have a cabinet with only 2% of the vote in the primary.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Going to be hard for him to even have a cabinet with only 2% of the vote in the primary.
Maybe he could have a drawer?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Of course, there will never be a Ron Paul's cabinet, but whenever we have pointed out the similarities between Ron and Little Dennis, the Paulies always scream and moan.

here you have it from your hero's mouth. spin away, Paulies, on why this doesn't show your guy is a total loon.

from The Hill:

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he were to win the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left � including Kucinich, who shares Paul�s general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."
Steve, I can't count how many times conservatives on Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network have admitted an admiration for Kucinic, calling him "a liberal, but a liberal with integrity," and such like. If Kucinic is anti imperial and Paul is anti imperial, what on earth would be wrong with collaborating on dismantling our foreign empire? They might also be in line with one another on such things as the War On Drugs and favoring the restoration of the Fourth Amendment vis-a-vis police conduct. Paul has made it quite clear that on economics, however, the two could not be further apart, which shouldn't even need saying if you're at least halfway informed about them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A match made in heaven.

They gotta have a laugh up there too. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Your post is in error.

Take a good look at the Libertarian Party website and then tell me what you think I got wrong.
You're wrong. As Ronald Reagan correctly stated, libertarianism is at the core of authentic conservatism. Conservatism differs only with regard to limiting solutions to those with proven and longstanding track-records for promoting and preserving liberty, such as the rule of law, a strict construction of the US Constitution, sound money, decentralized governance, a non-interventionist foreign policy, free markets, defense of family privacy against government intrusion, opposition to central economic and monetary planning, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If Kucinic is anti imperial and Paul is anti imperial, what on earth would be wrong

well, I don't know what those two whack jobs have against old Chryslers, but I'll take your word for it.

you guys do sound just like a commie agitator with your "empire" bullshit....it is a natural match when the loons of the left come full circle and meet with the loons of the "right".

only a slight slither to the Barakian depths of silliness.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,336
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.