Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Of course, there will never be a Ron Paul's cabinet, but whenever we have pointed out the similarities between Ron and Little Dennis, the Paulies always scream and moan.

here you have it from your hero's mouth. spin away, Paulies, on why this doesn't show your guy is a total loon.

from The Hill:

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he were to win the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left � including Kucinich, who shares Paul�s general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."
LMAO..

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.. WOW..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Honest, yes.

Completely out of reality, yes.

Scary as hell if he had any influence, yes.

I dealt with him when I interfaced with him on the Hill.

He was frequently in error(lazy on the facts) but never in doubt.

Steve

Steve is a voice of reality and hands-on experience on this folks. As disconnected as Paul is with reality Kucinic is possibly worse.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Buehler???

[Linked Image]
How many times shall we go through this routine, jorge? Just review our previous threads on these topics.

===================

Translation...I have to remember my own stupidity so I'm not always forced to tell someone to go back and read my prior stupidity.

Jorge...now you know why they limit him to 6th graders and a curriculum he must adhere to.

Every time he brings up that moronic "empire building" issue I'm going to call his ass on it. He's the type that when laying sod, needs to keep reading the one sentence instruction: "GREEN SIDE UP."...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sort of goes against your theory that Paul supporters are all lockstep Paulbots, eh?

no, actually it confirms that they're all loons. he attracts them of all stripes.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sort of goes against your theory that Paul supporters are all lockstep Paulbots, eh?

no, actually it confirms that they're all loons. he attracts them of all stripes.

[Linked Image]

No, you. wink

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
No, you.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, you.
A good summation of most of your retorts, Steve. I'll try to keep matching your level.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SO I take it you once again-by your silence- conceded your ass again regarding your idiotic and wrong use of the word "empire"?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
SO I take it you once again-by your silence- conceded your ass again regarding your idiotic and wrong use of the word "empire"?
Just go back and review our previous half dozen threads on that question.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have and obviously it hasn't sunk in for you. You might want to "google" what you think "empire" means. Again can you please show us a comparable map of the "American Empire" to compare or are you just going to slither away?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have and obviously it hasn't sunk in for you. You might want to "google" what you think "empire" means. Again can you please show us a comparable map of the "American Empire" to compare or are you just going to slither away?
See above post. We've been through all this already.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I should know better than to discus anything with somebody not man enough to know when he's been proven wrong and instead tries to misdirect. But I'll be right there for you everytime you try and use that empire obsession of yours.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes, I should know better than to discus anything with somebody not man enough to know when he's been proven wrong and instead tries to misdirect.
laugh How silly of you even to argue this point which is so openly admitted by your own heroes. OK, I'll find something for you: Here, from wikipedia:
Columnist Charles Krauthammer says, "People are now coming out of the closet on the word 'empire.'" This embrace of empire is made by many neoconservatives, including British historian Paul Johnson, and writers Dinesh D'Souza and Mark Steyn. It is also made by some liberal hawks, such as political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski, and Michael Ignatieff.

For further reading, pick up a copy of Pat Buchanan's A Republic, Not An Empire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I should know better than to discus anything with somebody not man enough to know when he's been proven wrong and instead tries to misdirect.
laugh How silly of you even to argue this point which is so openly admitted by your own heroes. OK, I'll find something for you: Here, from wikipedia:
Columnist Charles Krauthammer says, "People are now coming out of the closet on the word 'empire.'" This embrace of empire is made by many neoconservatives, including British historian Paul Johnson, and writers Dinesh D'Souza and Mark Steyn. It is also made by some liberal hawks, such as political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski, and Michael Ignatieff.

For further reading, pick up a copy of Pat Buchanan's A Republic, Not An Empire.

Poor Jorge, he just can't understand what real America is all about.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um, this thread reminded me of something. Back when the 2008 campaign spooled up, I watch a couple of the Commiecrat debates. I was instantly struck by the thought that Obama was a black Kucinich.
And that he'd be irrelevant were he white.
Turns out I wasn't that far off, was I?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't need to pick up a book to tell me the earth is flat either though there have been many books on the subject. The term emoire is as I described it and even presentes a picture for you and the dope-smoking kook to see. Like your hero Uncle Ho, just because you repeat a lie many times does not make it so. And I see you quoting Krauthammer, a dirty NEOCON according to you when it suits you. The yesterday when one of your kook Paulbot buddies called Reagan one, you didn't have the balls to call him on it. Classic

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And I see you quoting Krauthammer, a dirty NEOCON according to you when it suits you.
Krouthammer wasn't condemning the reference to American Empire. He was celebrating the fact that finally, under the Bush/Cheney regime, he and his ilk (neocons like you folks) could say it above a whisper.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well when they US Flag is staked out all over the map and sections of the globe are painted blue (although you'd probably pick pink in honor of the Code Pink ladies)and under complete American military, political and financial control, their governments abolished in favor of a Colonial Governor then I'll cede the point. Otherwise I'll continue to expose you for the kook that you are.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The funny thing is he actually thinks he's making points rather than coming off like the moronic,wingnut that he is.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Of course, there will never be a Ron Paul's cabinet, but whenever we have pointed out the similarities between Ron and Little Dennis, the Paulies always scream and moan.

here you have it from your hero's mouth. spin away, Paulies, on why this doesn't show your guy is a total loon.

from The Hill:

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) says he would consider putting the liberal congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in his Cabinet if he were to win the presidency in 2012.

Paul said his libertarian political philosophy helps him connect with some on the far left � including Kucinich, who shares Paul�s general anti-war stance.

Paul joked that if he brought the Ohio congressman aboard in his administration, he might have to create a "Department of Peace."

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," Paul said at a breakfast sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."

Ron Paul picking his cabinet is like me and fantasy football.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,091
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.