-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You have an administration that just can�t take responsibility for anything.

Ditching holder would admit some responsibility for the administration; I don�t think Obwan will do it.

I say he stays in the hopes that Obwan can continue to divert/stall/stop the investigation.

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Obama on Thursday voiced confidence in Holder and his handling of the Justice Department.

Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. � �President Obama appears to be the only person left with any confidence in Attorney General Holder,� said U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) earier today in response to President Obama�s comments on the ongoing Fast & Furious investigation.

�It is difficult to believe that after memos were sent to his office, ATF officials briefed Congress on Fast & Furious and it was reported in the media, Mr. Holder still didn�t have knowledge of it, as he claims, for several months, Cornyn said.

�I encourage Mr. Holder to come up to the Hill and clear this up as soon as possible.�

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by temmi

You have an administration that just can�t take responsibility for anything.

Ditching holder would admit some responsibility for the administration; I don�t think Obwan will do it.

I say he stays in the hopes that Obwan can continue to divert/stall/stop the investigation.

Snake

I think the same. However, if what you say indeed comes to pass,it very well may be more damaging to the Obama administration as the '12 election campaign heats up.
It will be interesting, that is for certain.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hasn't been that long ago that Clinton was impeached for lying about a BJ.
Times have changed!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
To Those who don't live along the border and are in the majority in big cities,,,yes, small.

Wrong, as is saying "This is getting NO attention"

This is a "Breaking story" all over the damn country,.....it was really SLOW to gather it's momentum,....but seems to be getting right up to speed .,,,,and GROWING

Witness:

Link: http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Boehner-Fast-Furious-Congress/2011/10/05/id/413358

Link: http://www.examiner.com/drug-cartel...-be-charged-as-an-accomplice-to-murder-s

Link: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-holder-atf-20111006,0,6704218.story

Link: http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/st...heme-backfiring-eric-holder-barack-obama

.....and so it will continue to GROW

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lets hope it does.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and PRAY, too.

Good Ed., just in

GTC

Fast and Furious: Let It Bleed

By James G. Wiles

Be careful what you wish for, House Republicans, over the metastasizing Operation "Fast and Furious" scandal at the U.S. Department of Justice. You just might get it.

A Special Prosecutor, I mean. That's exactly what, as we move into the 2012 election year, the GOP shouldn't want.

From a GOP political perspective, Operation "Fast and Furious" is the kind of thing you pray to Jesus for. A year before a national election, the story breaks that some numb nuts at Main DOJ -- the agency formerly known as ATF, to be specific -- conceived a novel idea for catching Mexican cartels (and their U.S. firearms suppliers) in illegal gun smuggling. Here's how: let's have the U.S. Government give the gun dealers guns so they can be smuggled.

Lots of guns -- at least count, at least 2,000 of them.

It worked too. Oh, my, how it worked.

The US government-supplied weapons were duly purchased by the bad guys. They were then duly "walked" into Mexico. You'll never guess what happened next.

The Mexican gun cartels used the U.S.-provided guns to kill Mexicans. Lots of Mexicans. The complete death toll is still being tallied.

The Mexican government is beside itself. And ATF has a new acting head.

That's only the beginning. The paper trail for this too-stupid-to-live idea, it's emerging, leads directly into the top level of DOJ - to Attorney General Eric Holder and the head of the Criminal Division, to be precise.

Wait, I'm not done. It gets better.

The trail of e-mails also leads into the White House. and it appears that testimony by Attorney General Holder before the House Judiciary Committee about when he first knew about Operation "Fast and Furious" can reasonably be viewed as being false. In response to a question, Holder said he first heard of it only recently, when the scandal broke. Documents produced this week in response to Congressional subpoenas suggest otherwise.

Oops.

The Obama White House knows it has a real problem on its hands (another one, I mean, besides all the others). The whole thing's going viral as we speak.

In Washington-speak: this baby's got legs.

Yesterday, CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson told Laura Ingraham on her talk radio program that both the White House and DOJ are yelling (or screaming) at her to sit down and shut up. Apparently, in the Obama White House's view, Attkisson is being "very unreasonable."

The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times are all being reasonable, Attkisson said the White House spokesman screamed at her. Why can't you?

Or, as President Obama recently said to the Congressional Black Caucus: "stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying."

As I say, fun. Couldn't happen at a better time.

Comes now House Judiciary Committee Lamar Smith (R. Texas) to spoil our fun.

Chairman Smith yesterday called for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to look into whether General Holder committed perjury before the Judiciary Committee when he denied knowing anything about Operation "Fast and Furious" until quite recently. The AG, Chairman Smith's press release says solemnly, has an inherent conflict of interest. He cannot, you see, investigate himself.

Well, duh, now.

God bless you, Chairman Smith. Are you still, 37 years on, seeking revenge for Watergate? Are you like what Talleyrand said about the Bourbons: you've learned nothing and forgotten nothing?

Losing in a landslide is the ultimate sanction for screwing up in office or fudging facts to Congress. That's politics -- and next year is an election year. We don't want a Special Prosecutor, operating in secret. We want a media firestorm.

Let it bleed, I say.

You think they lied to your Committee, Mr. Chairman? Fine. Help us throw the bums out. Raise holy hell about this: call it a conspiracy at the highest levels, a culture of corruption, perjury, obstruction of justice.

Talk about a cover-up. The arrogance of power. Say it's "another Watergate."

You know what to do - pour it on! Every day, in front on the TV cameras, on the talk shows and on the floor of the House. Deplore, condemn, express shock. Demand answers. Hold more hearings. Subpoenas, depositions.

Leak like crazy.

Not your style? Okay, pretend you're Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid: look sad and talk about how "concerned" you are.

But, please, sir, shut up about bringing in a Special Prosecutor.

An SP, Mr. Chairman, will give the Obama White House the perfect excuse to bury this thing until after the 2012 election.

Grand jury secrecy, don't you know. Can't talk, sorry. "We don't want to prejudice the special prosecutor's inquiry," Presidential Secretary Jay Carney will piously intone from the White House Press Room podium. We want to, but we can't.

Wink.

"People's reputations are at risk here," the President will say. "I can't possibly comment."

Wink.

And the story will die away, just when it got legs.

Who the hell wants that?

So, please, Chairman Smith: put a sock in it. I'm sure you're a good guy. But we don't need no stinkin' Special Prosecutor. This is blood sport - and they're bleeding. We need publicity, lots of publicity, about Operation "Fast and Furious."

Let it bleed -- all over the front pages, PC's, Blackberries and plasma TV's of America.

Update: John Hinderaker at Powerline has further thoughts on the role of CBS.

William La Jeunesse has been working this story hard for Fox News for some time, it was Sharyl Attkisson at CBS who got the scoop. While the DOJ documents were leaked exclusively to CBS News ( which therefore gets credit for breaking the story), I should point out that William La Jeunesse of Fox News has been dogged in his pursuit of the "Fast and Furious" story as well.

Here's Michael Walsh's take at NRO, which adds a few facts (and also credits La Jeunesse).

http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/10/fast_and_furious_let_it_bleed.html
--

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I hear it both ways. If it were a conservative he'd be on gone today. What's your guess? It looks like it's getting nastier for Holder by the hour.
I don't see ANY way that Holder keeps his job. I think the only thing in question is whether or not he will be prosecuted. Thus far, I've seen enough information for gross incompetence, but I'm not sure it's enough to actually get a conviction for committing a crime...but I'm no lawyer by a long shot, so I'll defer to SteveNO on that one. Personally, nothing warms my heart more than seeing a politician going to jail.

I'm worried about a possible breakup of BATFE though. At first blush it sounds great, but before I think it's a good idea, I would want to see IN WRITING the plan for what happens when the ATF gets broken up. There could be a LOT of unintended consequences to breaking up BATFE...right now, they're the Devil we know. I don't know the other Devil yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
only hussein can fire holder. Eric H. is critical to the success of all the extra legal shenanigans the administration is pulling.
I don't think holder is going anywhere until after hussein loses next fall's election.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"only hussein can fire holder."

Bullchit

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so enlighten me. If he is the AG, appointed by hussein, who other than the president can fire him?

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam,........Raising a LOT of HELL about this (and believe me that HAS been happening) is providing , or is GOING to provide the answer to that question, Bud.

Three months ago you WERE the Biggest " This'll be Swept under the Rug" Cheering team leader.

Have you perchance noted how the ranks of THAT group have thinned ?

This ain't Waco, and this ain't [bleep]' Idaho,....this is a goddam International incident,.....

The LAME comparation to Iran / Contra being as asinine as comparing it to the mossy incidents above .

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/07/11.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally, I think Obama is gonna give Holder his walking papers, soon.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fire him and then charge him.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
only hussein can fire holder. Eric H. is critical to the success of all the extra legal shenanigans the administration is pulling.
I don't think holder is going anywhere until after hussein loses next fall's election.

Sam nailed this one I'm afraid.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Fire him and then charge him.

Then jail him and the clown in cheif.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The CBS reporter that broke this on MSM (to the extent you could call it broken back then) and who got cursed and yelled at by WH officials for what she is doing, said today she has a lot more material that they will release soon, once they have some more verification, maybe as soon as next week.

Stay tuned.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The CBS reporter that broke this on MSM (to the extent you could call it broken back then) and who got cursed and yelled at by WH officials for what she is doing, said today she has a lot more material that they will release soon, once they have some more verification, maybe as soon as next week.

Stay tuned.

Not so subtle attempt at censorship and manipulation of the free press(assuming of course the MSM is at all deserving of the title).....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.

I have never seen a more juvenile, self-righteous Administration...yellers, screamers, scoff-laws,with a sense of entitlement and complete disregard for the resonsibilities of their office.They all behave like spoiled rotten school kids.

Absolutely no scrupples nor principles whatsoever....where the hell did these parasites come from and who the hell elected them?

Dumbest [bleep] electorate I have ever seen in 45 years of following politics.Geezus....

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 340boy
Personally, I think Obama is gonna give Holder his walking papers, soon.

If that happened, would represent a HUGE change in the black bastard's Chicago THUG'S tactics!

Something the [Traitor in Chief] hasn't done before. mad crazy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
.....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.

I hope that reporter isn't murdered or made to simply disappear. wink

Vince Foster wasn't a reporter person, but his high contact and friendship (and alleged affair with) didn't protect him from Hitlery nor Herr Schlickmiester.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 17,630 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,869
Posts18,537,838
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.