Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
But seriously; this doesn�t add up at all. What does Iran have to gain from this? They have nothing to gain
=======================

Ummmm.....you mean besides control of the ME?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

But seriously; this doesn�t add up at all. What does Iran have to gain from this? They have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose. I�m going to need a whole lot more convincing.

How 'bout the leaders of Iran are just frikken psycho?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
But seriously; this doesn�t add up at all. What does Iran have to gain from this? They have nothing to gain
=======================

And how do they gain control of the ME by blowing up a bomb in the US?

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
But seriously; this doesn�t add up at all. What does Iran have to gain from this? They have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose. I�m going to need a whole lot more convincing.

This does add up in the context of Shiite and Sunni conflicts that have been going on for centuries.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe they came up with "Let's screw with SA and blame it on America?"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Okay. I know some of you LEOs have seen scenarios like this before. Usually, it's a middle aged woman. She walks into a bar. Approaches the first biker she sees and says; "I'll give you $5,000 to kill my husband." And of course, he's an undercover cop. It never fails.

Is that tongue in cheek? That IS, pretty much, how it always happen, except the biker's not a cop...he sets her up with a cop. Of course, stuff like this is a dime a dozen. Clinton had to kill off half a country trying to shake Monica off.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Iran's fingerprints would be all over a ME(Hamas) styled assassination. A Mexican cartel hit on a Saudi official in DC would take years to figure out,if at all. In the meanwhile,the US takes some blame for it occurring on our watch.

Last edited by isaac; 10/12/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
How 'bout the leaders of Iran are just frikken psycho?
Well, I don't think they're as crazy as most think they are. Religious zealots and all, you can expect them to act in their best interest; you can expect that of all people and nations. I can't see a single way that Iran benefits from this; and more ways than I can count where they lose.

If you study Iran, they're only crazy by Western standards. By Middle Eastern standards, they're pretty shrewd. They have consistently pushed toward control of the Middle East, and most things they do, you can draw a straight line from what they did to this objective. In this instance, I don't see it at all. I see them getting caught no matter what happened; and paying a high price.

I'm a bit skeptical of how quickly the Administration is saying this is tied to the Iranian government, and not something like "rogue elements inside the Iranian government". Again, take a look at how the OP of this thread described it...that's pretty much what the Administration is saying happened.

I'm not saying it absolutely didn't happen that way; I'm just saying I'm having a hard time swallowing that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
=======================

And how do they gain control of the ME by blowing up a bomb in the US?

Kevin, given the long history of Iran using proxies to do their dirty work, (think Hezbollah, think aiding and abetting the taliban, think supplying and shielding mukhtgar al sadr),
then using the cartels to do the hit in America fits their standard MO to a tee.
What they hoped to gain, was killing some pesky Saudis, killing a hated Israeli, and collecting several hundred dead adherents of the Great Satan as a bonus.

Why are you so wrapped up in being an apologist for Iran? Do you not read anything they say or do? By your own admission, you like to play Devil's Advocate with these issues, but I can't understand why.

Sam......

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
This is one incident, whether it's smoke and mirrors, is certainly up for debate.

What I worry about are the other terrorist-cartel relationships that occur that we don't know\hear about.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Kevin, given the long history of Iran using proxies to do their dirty work, (think Hezbollah, think aiding and abetting the taliban, think supplying and shielding mukhtgar al sadr),
then using the cartels to do the hit in America fits their standard MO to a tee.
What they hoped to gain, was killing some pesky Saudis, killing a hated Israeli, and collecting several hundred dead adherents of the Great Satan as a bonus.

Why are you so wrapped up in being an apologist for Iran? Do you not read anything they say or do? By your own admission, you like to play Devil's Advocate with these issues, but I can't understand why.
Well clearly it all makes sense to you, but it doesn't make sense to me. I'm not being an apologist for Iran, but since I don't jump to the same conclusions as you, you think I am.

All I'm saying is, I'm not convinced. Iran can kill Saudi's in a lot of places with a WHOLE LOT less risk. No matter what happens, they WILL get caught on this one. And look who the supposed bomber is. All while Holder is about to have his nutz cut off.

I agree that Iran always has someone else do their dirty work; nothing new there. But when they do their dirty work, they typically have an agenda, and that agenda tends to come back to gaining support and prestige in the Middle East. Who knows, perhaps they think this will gain them prestige in the ME.

Just saying it doesn't add up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kachad
This is one incident, whether it's smoke and mirrors, is certainly up for debate.

What I worry about are the other terrorist-cartel relationships that occur that we don't know\hear about.
Clearly drug cartels have some competency that terrorists can use.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Okay. I know some of you LEOs have seen scenarios like this before. Usually, it's a middle aged woman. She walks into a bar. Approaches the first biker she sees and says; "I'll give you $5,000 to kill my husband." And of course, he's an undercover cop. It never fails.

Is that tongue in cheek? That IS, pretty much, how it always happen, except the biker's not a cop...he sets her up with a cop. Of course, stuff like this is a dime a dozen. Clinton had to kill off half a country trying to shake Monica off.

Yes, you're absolutely right. It usually is a biker who may be (or maybe he once was) a CI who is known to the local police, and he sets the woman up with a detective. Because, for all he knows, SHE's a CI, and she's trying to set HIM up. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
an easy agenda explanation for this plot, if it's real, is that they use the murder of the Saudi ambassador on US soil to drive a wedge between the US and the Saudis. the gullible masses in the middle east will have no trouble believing the murder was a CIA/Mossad plot. All good for Iran.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the life of me I can't understand why neither the U.S. or Israel has hatched a plot to eliminate monkey face????

He is a proven Bastard and if he ate a bullet or a missile, maybe it would help foment a little revolution over there.

Rebellion is just under the surface in Iran, a nudge may be all it takes.

And if it doesn't happen, well, at least that azzhole is gone.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes, you're absolutely right. It usually is a biker who may be (or maybe he once was) a CI who is known to the local police, and he sets the woman up with a detective. Because, for all he knows, SHE's a CI, and she's trying to set HIM up. grin

just had one of these here in the last month or two....exactly that scenario. guy wants to whack his wife, talks to a seedy friend, who puts him in touch with a "hit man" who is of course an undercover cop. Gets the wife's picture, alarm codes, and half the money, all on video in a bar, then the other cops walk in and bust him. I mean....how many times do you have to see it played out to know that ain't the way to hire a killing done?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I don't understand why the hierarchy inside Iran haven't taken him out.

William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
an easy agenda explanation for this plot, if it's real, is that they use the murder of the Saudi ambassador on US soil to drive a wedge between the US and the Saudis. the gullible masses in the middle east will have no trouble believing the murder was a CIA/Mossad plot. All good for Iran.

It's more than that from what I understand, Adel Al-Jubeir, the Saudi ambassador, is extremely important to King Abdullah in dealing with the west. Before becoming ambassador he was one of the Kings most trusted foreign policy advisers. My understanding is that he also serves as the Kings's primary translator when meeting with foreign dignitaries. The loss of Adel Al-Jubeir would be a major blow to the Saudi Kingdom. If I caught the news correctly last night the ambassador and King Abdullah were friends and went to school together long before Abdullah became King.

The ambassadors credentials as listed on his wikipedia page are quite impressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adel_al-Jubeir

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't understand why the hierarchy inside Iran haven't taken him out.
Iran's a WEIRD country.

Ahmadinejad is their guy, but him and the Ayatollah�s have butted heads a lot. Ahmadinejad has on several occasions tried to liberalize things in society, only to have his new policies reversed by the Supreme Leader. Ahmadinejad is kinda caught in the middle. He�s the front man that spouts the rhetoric, but when it comes to real policy and the real stuff; everything gets run by the Supreme Leader. Think Putin/Medvedev with Putin as the Supreme Leader and Medvedev as Ahmadinejad; somewhat similar relationship.

The people pretty much HATE Ahmadinejad and the only time he has enjoyed any popularity is when him and Bush were trading barbs. He�s done a pretty good job of making the US out as the boogey man and using it as a diversion from his failed policies and his complete incompetence in domestic affairs.

The majority of Iran is of college age or just a little older. There are some serious seeds of discontent in that nation. The trick is figuring out how to stir the pot a little, then stand back and watch the show.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

The majority of Iran is of college age or just a little older. There are some serious seeds of discontent in that nation. The trick is figuring out how to stir the pot a little, then stand back and watch the show.

We need to air drop about 100k I pads, and then beam in uncensored internet.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 69 invisible), 16,763 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,185
Posts18,543,300
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.