Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Who gives a schit what AI thinks or says?

I think we should waterboard AI. May as well bag peta too.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

PMC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I doubt the secret service will go for that.

Pmc

shhh. be vewy vewy quiet. i'm hunting deer. uhhh uhhh uhhhh.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Let's roll!

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was wondering if it might be too much to ask of AI that the world concentrate on arresting every non-elected dictator when they travel.

I hope Canada disavows AI - in a vocal and public manner.

It's embarrassing, and disconcerting to have to read head lines like the one I posted.

To those who condemned me for posting this - it's OK - reading comprehension can't be everyone's strong suit. wink

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Go ahead and try to do so,.....

Bring yer' Queen",

you will be needing her,...

GTC

Didn't we already stop that invasion in 1812 already? wink

No, that was done by your previous wet-nurse, the British Empire. As to the original post, all I can say is "go ahead, make my day" and a great excuse for a 51st state...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Go ahead and try to do so,.....

Bring yer' Queen",

you will be needing her,...

GTC

Didn't we already stop that invasion in 1812 already? wink

No, that was done by your previous wet-nurse, the British Empire. As to the original post, all I can say is "go ahead, make my day" and a great excuse for a 51st state...

You already tried that in 1812 - and it was (as the kids say) an "epic fail". grin We still are part of the British Commonwealth of Nations - in case you missed that.

You might want to re-think taking over 33 million voters - the great majority of which would be classified as "liberals" - by your own illustrious standards.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I suspect the result would be rather different today, don't you?

Even if Queen Betty wanted to help out, Cameron is busy moving the UK from a second to a third tier military power. Good thing the Argies are distracted by their own problems.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
The result would be an America with 51 states (or 60) where Republicans were relegated to minority status - perhaps forever. 33 million progressive voters would be noticed. wink

That is - unless you were considering slavery again. grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
For this to be the headline in my country's biggest newspaper today is a sad statement of affairs.
You're right Brian. It's an insult to decent Canadians. But then, so are most of your posts.

Gotta agree with you there, my friend. Am also guessing that our conservative pro-Israel government under Mr Harper would let AI know in no uncertain terms where they could place the arrest warrant. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hypocrisy by the liberals, surely you jest

look at NOW how they've defended Sarah Palin, oh wait

look at how all the Sharptons and Jacksons have come to the aid of Cain after denigrating racial remarks, oh wait

hmmm maybe you have a point.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
And - the story that should never have been a story - comes to a merciful end.

Canada brushed off a call by Amnesty International Wednesday to arrest former U.S. President George W. Bush for human rights abuse, saying the organization was engaging in cheap stunts.

Amnesty said Bush - due to attend an event in Surrey on Oct. 20 - had authorized the use of torture techniques such as waterboarding during his time as president, which ran from 2001 to 2009.

But the Conservative government in Ottawa made it clear there was no chance officials would arrest Bush, who has made at least two trips to Canada since his second four-year term in office ended.

"Amnesty International cherrypicks cases to publicize based on ideology. This kind of stunt helps explain why so many respected human rights advocates have abandoned Amnesty International," Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said.

Kenney noted in an email that in the past, Amnesty had not asked for Canada to bar former Cuban leader Fidel Castro, even though the rights organization itself said he had presided over "arbitrary arrests, detention, and criminal prosecution."

Alex Neve, head of Amnesty's Canadian branch, said earlier in the day that Bush was responsible for a wide range of human rights violations - notably torture - which constituted crimes under international law.

"Canadian authorities must launch a criminal investigation against the former president, arrest him ... and commence a prosecution against him," he told a news conference.

In February, rights groups said Bush cancelled a visit to Switzerland because of the threat of legal action against him for alleged torture.

Bush is speaking at the Surrey Regional Economic Summit on Oct. 20 at the invitation of Mayor Dianne Watts, for a reported fee of $150,000.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

To those who condemned me for posting this - it's OK - reading comprehension can't be everyone's strong suit. wink

"Comprehension" also includes understanding the history of the poster. If someone has constantly bashed America and conservatives in the past, that goes a long way towards intent of his posts.

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
You fellows "bash" Canadians - and liberals - all the time.

The "bashing" - is just good fun - between neighbors.

I enjoy the resulting conversations.

It's all about having fun exchanging ideas.

Unanimity of thought is a scary thing.

If you don't think so - you'd love China.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
[quote]
I still have a notion many of his posts are not the high points of some of our Canadian members days, though. grin

The understatement of the year, and I like Brian, I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bill is coming as well.

The 2011 Surrey Regional Economic Summit on October 20th will feature a special conversation with President William J. Clinton and President George W. Bush, two individuals who have, by any measure, played major roles in shaping domestic and international events over the past 20 years. The two former Presidents will share their invaluable perspectives on the new realities facing North America and the world�s major economies.

In addition, this year�s meeting brings together Pam Woodall, Senior Editor with The Economist, and Stephen Moore, Senior Economics Writer with The Wall Street Journal, as they focus on the world�s changing economies and the re-positioning of Asia and America.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The result would be an America with 51 states (or 60) where Republicans were relegated to minority status - perhaps forever. 33 million progressive voters would be noticed. wink

That is - unless you were considering slavery again. grin

who said anything about a vote? All I want is your oil and your game...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
????I don't bash Canuckians. I LIKE most of the crazy SOB's I DO detest and bash liberal/left/progressive/commies any chance I get. I don't dislike Brian but some of his ideas bum me out badly. There ain't many good things that come from the state and even the few things that are reasonably decent are [bleep] up like Hogan's goat. Jorge, Canada has some MIGHTY HOT gurls so don't leave them out grin

Last edited by EvilTwin; 10/13/11.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

who said anything about a vote? All I want is your oil and your game...

And all the single wimmin's between the ages of 20 and 30...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Goes without saying...

B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
If some of what I write didn't piss off some members - it would be damn boring around here.

The only way you get good give and take on topics - is if someone tries to represent an alternative position to the status quo. Adding another conservative post to the 20 straight that proceeded it - is just so damn boring.

Some of my biggest laughs are when I sit around with Canucks and Americans and shoot the bull - in real life. The teasing is merciless - and we wouldn't have it any other way.

The only difference is that in real life - no one gets upset - they just give it back in even funnier and wittier ways.

I like stirring it - I'm not big on actually getting people upset.

Most Americans are good at taking a ribbing - and giving it back - with some extra.

This Canuck hopes that'll never change. grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,017
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.