Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by denton
All I want is the eloquence of Reagan, the limited government view of Jefferson, the historical understanding of Gingrich, the 2A zeal of Gura....

Somehow I can't seem to get all that in one person. I don't know why that is.

If you run on that platform you get my vote!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"he is not good at all at dealing with the media....doesn't seem to understand the question well before he answers, and doesn't realize the implications of his answers until too late, then you get all the backing and filling. which is too bad because I wish he could be our anti-Obama."

Not sure Cain isn't just that. And no consevative can hope to succeed when "dealing with (a hostile liberal) media..."

I'm disappointed that so many of us claim to want political candidates who are not established 'insiders' of our grimy polictical crowd but then object to a proven capabile man with common sense who speaks without guile so he doesn't think or sound like an establishment politician. WTF? Can we really expect to see proper change if we stick with the same crowd of smooth talking insider fakes with nice hair?

Cain would recuit competitent advisors and he is plenty smart enough to pick his way out of the thickets. All contrary to our current glibe-tongued dufus in chief.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
All I want is the eloquence of Reagan, the limited government view of Jefferson, the historical understanding of Gingrich, the 2A zeal of Gura....

Somehow I can't seem to get all that in one person. I don't know why that is.

If you run on that platform you get my vote!

Yeah, me too!

So, Denton, do you need a minister of hunting and fishing in your cabinet?
I'd be happy to volunteer my services.
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Consider that economic issues are perhaps the biggest challenge faced these days, and economics is almost entirely a quantitative field, an understanding of which requires much more than the ups and downs of percentages and graphs.

Respectfully, bull puckey! Anyone with enough knowledge to balance a checkbook and plan a basic family budget has the tools necessary to understand all they need to know about economics AND to do a much better job at allowing an economy to work than all those idiotic Ivey League educated economists put together.

Economics is not an science. It is the interaction of humans via a monetary medium. As such, calculations and equations of "if this, then that" are worthless in the long run and if relied upon to heavily, even harmful. There is no way to manage economics other than to have a sound medium of exchange (sound money) and to allow human interactions to develop naturally utilizing that medium.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think it is clear that the story must have started in the Perry camp.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Do you strive to become more stupid as each day wears on?

As I told your dumb ass two days ago,this incident won't hurt Cain and may even give him a boost due to the timeliness and nature of the leak.

Today's polls reflect such as Cain has now widened his lead over Romney. But,you carry on, stupid!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
LyinAssWalt is a Demoncrap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be Nice to see Walt actually contribute something to this forum but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I think it is clear that the story must have started in the Perry camp.

[bleep] always has a smell to it you can't miss.

NRA Lifetime Member
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Anyone with enough knowledge to balance a checkbook and plan a basic family budget...

Well, that rules out Zerobama. No math lobes.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't figure out why conservatives can't field a candidate that knows how to campaign. Obama had an awful lot of help from the media, but he was disciplined, stayed on message, and could read the words written for him in a convincing manner. Cain and Perry may be good men and true conservatives (most of the time) but they are intellectually undisciplined and too lazy to develop the skills it takes to get elected. That tape of Perry mugging it up for his audience is every bit as embarrassing as Cains inability to answer a simple, direct question

At least Romney has put in the personal effort and work necessary to run a credible campaign. He will be a far better President than Obama.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I did use a broad brush. There are some "public servants that are better than others. I think by the time someone runs for POTUS, altruism has been lost. I don't think they get the power and wealth they have through honesty and morality.

That said, ABO.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Note to self - invent time machine, historical cloning and DNA splicing machine after dinner and before doing laundry tonight. smile

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Pugs

Note to self - invent time machine, historical cloning and DNA splicing machine after dinner and before doing laundry tonight. smile

If so, please add in a dash of TR for the foreign policy and conservation aspects to the above ideal candidate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cool! That will give you plenty of time afterwards to load some 257 Bob ammo or work on some airplane project, Allen.

grin

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Cain has a real shot, the moderates took a swing with obama and he didn't knock it out of the park like the media said he would. infact he hurt us, and bad. they see that and know enough that we need to go back to whats worked before, or roots and take a more conservative approach. who cares how charasmatic a speaker is, its WHO the man is and what his track record is that gives the best indication of what kind of leader he will be. drudging up the sexual harassment thing helped cain if anything, because if thats the best the opposition can do, its gonna take a hell of a lot more than that to dissuade the moderates.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hmm, trying to understand your perspective, Joe. The natural process you describe might work if politicians would leave the quantitative stuff alone, but that can't or don't. In reality they do make some very serious policy decisions based on assumptions they make about quantitative issues, and particularly cause and effect. Some of the stuff is quite simple, like understanding that correlation isn't necessarily cause and effect, and what "average" means and how significant differences are.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

Cool! That will give you plenty of time afterwards to load some 257 Bob ammo or work on some airplane project, Allen.

grin

The Bob's all set. On to 7-08 TSX for tonight and I'll be set through the pig hunt unless I AI the Bob before then.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

grin

The Bob's all set. On to 7-08 TSX for tonight and I'll be set through the pig hunt unless I AI the Bob before then.

7-08 is something I have never played with. One of these days...

James Elroy Flecker

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Lack of critical inquiry and thought led to the polar bears being listed as endangered. Poor understanding of how the world really works is a serious impediment to getting good policy.

That goes back to the distinction that I made earlier: The big divide is not conservative vs. liberal. It is people who deal with the universe rationally vs. those who don't. A large part of getting elected is generating causes that sway the irrationals.

Note to self - invent time machine, historical cloning and DNA splicing machine after dinner and before doing laundry tonight.

I think there is a market for it.

Last edited by denton; 11/02/11.

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,429
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.