Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
I'd ask if you've never made a mistake before, but that would be a very silly question.
The only "mistake" he made there was letting the cat out of the bag regarding his authentic beliefs on the question of man-made global warming, and thus nixing any possibility of becoming the Republican nominee for president.

GB4

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
First I have been a Republican all my life, however with the current crop of dwarfs I keep waiting for Snow White to appear.
Glen

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't believe all the air time this is getting. Read the quote. It's seems fairly obvious to me that he's referring to China getting nuclear powered aircraft carrier capability, and just phrased it badly.

Far less of a gaffe than anything Obama says when whenever he goes off teleprompter, and tremendously better than anything Biden says any time he opens his mouth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
astute observation Calhoun

politicians SUCK

but the folks that elect them suck just as bad, we get the gov't we deserve, because we don't have the nads to demand better or different.

too rarely do folks vote the incumbent out, and I just adore the mantra "but, but he's got no political experience"

what's that mean? he doesn't know how to write a NSF check?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Can't believe all the air time this is getting. Read the quote. It's seems fairly obvious to me that he's referring to China getting nuclear powered aircraft carrier capability, and just phrased it badly.

Far less of a gaffe than anything Obama says when whenever he goes off teleprompter, and tremendously better than anything Biden says any time he opens his mouth.
"They�ve indicated that they�re trying to develop nuclear capability, and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat."

The two ideas are separated by an "and." That makes them distinct ideas, i.e., the second idea wasn't a mere clarification of the first idea, but rather they were two distinct reasons we need, in his view, to consider them a threat. The man's an idiot.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
c'mon Hawk, you think the man's an idiot because he wasn't as clear as he should have been in that sentence?

I sure wouldn't mind hiring that "idiot" to help run our little companies, he has a pretty impressive track record imo.

seems a pretty harsh judgement to me, but if it's how you feel I guess it's how you feel.

and most likely China is furthering it's nuclear program, beats sitting on US$, they can always sell their old stuff to smaller countries and make bank on it. but it seems apparent though perhaps charitable to some that he was trying to express just what Calhoun stated.

lemme throw you guys on Nat. TV ask you over and over again IF EVER you've made what could be deemed an inappropriate remark to a female subordinate and then move on to the nuclear stuff! lol

btw does it get any more nuclear than sexual harrassment these days?

not everyone can be Bill Clinton ya know.

thank God for that

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Calhoun

"They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability, and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat."

The two ideas are separated by an "and." That makes them distinct ideas, i.e., the second idea wasn't a mere clarification of the first idea, but rather they were two distinct reasons we need, in his view, to consider them a threat. The man's an idiot.

Regardless of how you interpret his statement, what isn't in question is that he has China pegged for what they are -- a troublemaker seeking to increase military capabilities. That is what's most significant. As POTUS, he would be appraised of all current intelligence reports. He certainly has the idea right about becoming economically competitive with China too. What would Ron Paul's statement been? Probably something along the lines of unintelligible gibberish dribbling spittle while making weird facial contortions as if someone were poking a cattle prod up is arse while a troup of fleas danced inside his shirt collar.

Every Repub candidate running has obvious flaws. We'll see which imperfect candidate get's the nod and lob our hail mary.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Let's see, someone thinks Cain is crazy, and they also think Ron P has a chance? Talk about the pot calling the kettle.......TRH, et al crazy

Last edited by eyeball; 11/02/11.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
One of the things that i do not understand is how can 26% of GOP voters fall for this guy when he has such poor knowledge on so many topics? It was the same thing with Palin and Bachmann. With his many gaffs how is he still considered a GOP darling?

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Same way 100% of Demoncrap voters fell for Hussein when he had no knowledge of anything at all.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What I can't understand is how this current disaster has a 44% approval rating. Nevermind,I do know. Idiots like you have a vote...I guess you're allowed to vote,anyways.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thats funny! An ugly third grader eating right out of his hand.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Contrary my good man. He inherited a situation that was in the [bleep]#$ and a congress in 2010 with no morals.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
One of the things that i do not understand is how can 26% of GOP voters fall for this guy when he has such poor knowledge on so many topics? It was the same thing with Palin and Bachmann. With his many gaffs how is he still considered a GOP darling?
Yea, it's almost as dumb as most dimocraps falling for a Harvard lawyer who didn't know how many states there are.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the recent news involving Herman Cain is causing you to post about his inability, you were never going to vote for him in the first place. Cain is the most capable practitioner of logic in the field. It would be nice if he were perfectly articulate. He's not. But we see were articulate and illogical has gotten us in 3 years.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
How can you criticize anyone after the Obama debacle? The only experience he could claim at running anything was his campaign, and I doubt he did much of that noting his executive demonstrations after election. He chose Biden for his international experience and I doubt that idiot could find China on a map of China.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He won't criticize obama; he's one of his minions. smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=MShuntfish]If the recent news involving Herman Cain is causing you to post about his inability, you were never going to vote for him in the first place."

I think you are right.It's the same deal with Perry and the "[bleep] rock".Much of the indignation expressed here regarding BOTH of these issues is feigned .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My Fool Vote counters your Fool Vote! Are you allowed to vote? With or without your blinders on? Your right, it is an amazing system!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
He chose Biden for his international experience and I doubt that idiot could find China on a map of China.

Sure he could! He just needed to call Palin for directions!

Haaaaa

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,333
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.