Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
I took the day off to go to the rifle range to test some of my handloads.

While packing up my gear into the car, I realized I hadn't made up all the loads I wanted to try, so had to spend an hour or so doing that. (This included having to prep 50 rounds of brass.)

I got to the range and realized I'd left that last batch of ammo at home.

Then, after putting up my target and setting up the Chrony , the display was dead, so I had to wait 1/2 hour for the next cease fire to check it out. Thought the battery was dead, but the cord on the unit had just gotten loose. At least in the meantime, I had some rifles that needed zeroing but no chronograph tests.

When the cease fire ended and everyone was shooting, I sat down and realized I'd knocked the Chrony out of line while fixing the cord, so I couldn't shoot at all for that relay.

On the first trip downrange to post targets, I ran out of staples. On the second trip, I realized I'd forgotten to fill it after it ran out the first time, and got to perform three 100 yd. sprints so as not to hold everyone else up.

By the time I finally got to test my loads, it was getting windy and my frost-nipped fingers started to get numb. Amazingly, I managed to get some decent groups from the one rifle I really needed to test, and got the others zeroed without too much fuss.

At least in America we get to have these kinds of problems.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least in America we get to have these kinds of problems.

I'm glad you were able to accomplish something. Sue and I live in a studio apartment. Often I thank the Lord for our luxury and opulance.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 25 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.