Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When I bought my first 1885 I was so proud to carry it to the woods I didn't even need a flashlight in the dark.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow ! that was an expensive redo. Could have started with a 22-250 and had it rebored/rechambered, barrel set back one turn to 6.5x55 for less than 1/2 of what you paid. Love my 6.5x55s but for all that money could have bought an 1890 in 25-06 that will appreciate. They also have much nicer wood too.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pipercolt
Wow ! that was an expensive redo. Could have started with a 22-250 and had it rebored/rechambered, barrel set back one turn to 6.5x55 for less than 1/2 of what you paid.
I doubt it. Once you factor in the cost of the host rifle the cost works out about the same. Unlike you, I ran the numbers. A host rifle in .223 or .22-250 would've set me back about $900 plus shipping and transfer (about $945 total) and a re-bore/re-chamber would've run between $400 and $500 with shipping. (That's about $1400 to $1500 for your mathematically-challenged ass.) I have about $675 tied up in this host and $813.51 in the re-barrel and return shipping. That works out to about $1488.51, does it not?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmm..... B78 30-06 donor cost $475.00, rebore/rechamber to 35 Whelen $350.00.

Think you got hosed.

Unlike you, I can find quality stuff w/o paying retail. Guess we know who has the "mathematically-challenged ass" don't we ?

You must get in a lot of soda shop fights with your wonderful approach to other folks. laugh

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Think you got hosed.

Unlike you, I can find quality stuff w/o paying retail. Guess we know who has the "mathematically-challenged ass" don't we ?

You must get in a lot of soda shop fights with your wonderful approach to other folks. laugh

Get REAL. It's not 1988 anymore.

Most B-78 rifles in small bore calibers run a LOT more than the $475 you paid to some dude's ignorant Widow.

And besides, you WILL NOT get a quality re-bore and rechamber job for $350 these days either.

FWIW, given your smartazzed "contribution" to this thread, you make Bricktop look like Mary Poppins.

Last edited by jim62; 11/09/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jim62

Think you got hosed.

Get REAL. It's not 1988 anymore.

Most B-78 rifles in small bore calibers run a LOT more than the $475 you paid to some dude's ignorant Widow.

And besides, you WILL NOT get a quality re-bore and rechamber job for $350 these days either.

FWIW, given your smartazzed "contribution" to this thread, you make Bricktop look like Mary Poppins.
He's mad because I got in his ass in a shipping/selling thread in the classifieds.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had more than satisfactory rebores/rechambers from Al Siegrist on 5-6 rifles over the past ten years for less than $300. No idea what his current charges are but they usually have run @ the cost of a new Douglas match barrel in the past.

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1B you are correct. I have 8 rebored bolt and single shot rifles. None cost more than $350.
As for a B78, the early octagon ones were much better rifles than the 1885. Better wood, better trigger, smoother bores and more accurate.

Here's the folks who did my 06 to 35 Whelen ..... $350.00. The most I have ever paid.

http://www.deltagunshop.com/clearwater_reboring/rebore_prices.html

Bricktop has a severe ego problem and, in his eyes, is never wrong. He is best avoided as he has no manners and, of course, is not a Negro. Black folks I know are generally better mannered than a lot of their White counterparts.

As with all "Bricktop threads" crazy this one has run its course, he is right, we are all wrong. Good afternoon. smile

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
1B you are correct. I have 8 rebored bolt and single shot rifles. None cost more than $350.
As for a B78, the early octagon ones were much better rifles than the 1885. Better wood, better trigger, smoother bores and more accurate.

Here's the folks who did my 06 to 35 Whelen ..... $350.00. The most I have ever paid.

http://www.deltagunshop.com/clearwater_reboring/rebore_prices.html

Bricktop has a severe ego problem and, in his eyes, is never wrong. He is best avoided as he has no manners and, of course, is not a Negro. Black folks I know are generally better mannered than a lot of their White counterparts.

As with all "Bricktop threads" crazy this one has run its course, he is right, we are all wrong. Good afternoon. smile
The only ego problems seem to be those you're projecting, little man.

You took issue with a seller from whom you bought an FN a while back and you couldn't help but stink up the room afterwards: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._FN_MAUSER_30_06_Belgium_Del#Post5689635

Then you posted this dimwitted "brilliance" and I called your ass on it: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Selling_a_rifle_on_the_clas#Post5778492

You tried to retaliate and got your ass beat down by other posters: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Selling_a_rifle_on_the_clas#Post5790670

Which brings us to this thread, where your sole purpose for posting seems to be that of a magnanimous dickhead, still intent on retaliating because your dumbass was called out on being, well, a dumbass.

Christ, you still can't even hit the mark, which is why your bitch ass is bowing out. (I doubt what little knowledge you possess about 1885s and B78s could even fill a thimble anyway.) As stated in the shipping thread, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Small man has nothing to do but pretend he's a minority to allow uncivil behavior and stalk other member's posts.

You really need to get a life, little boy.

The vast majority of members here seem to opine you are an obnoxious azz and that's the way it is.

Attacking the other person is your standard proceedure when the facts don't support your position. You got a good hosing and, as usual, can't admit it.

Quoting LBJ says it all. There are over 50,000 names on the wall thanks to that scumbag, I knew a few dozen while I'm sure you were still in grade school when he started the trend to the mess we are now in.

Finally, I have forgotten more about single shots than your peabrain will ever hold.
I doubt you know the difference between a Sch�tzenfest and a circle jerk and do not have the equipment to engage in either.

Adios wannabe.whistle All done with this thread, blather on, no one is listening. grin

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Small man has nothing to do but pretend he's a minority to allow uncivil behavior and stalk other member's posts.

You really need to get a life, little boy.

The vast majority of members here seem to opine you are an obnoxious azz and that's the way it is.

Attacking the other person is your standard proceedure when the facts don't support your position. You got a good hosing and, as usual, can't admit it.

Quoting LBJ says it all. There are over 50,000 names on the wall thanks to that scumbag, I knew a few dozen while I'm sure you were still in grade school when he started the trend to the mess we are now in.

Finally, I have forgotten more about single shots than your peabrain will ever hold.
I doubt you know the difference between a Sch�tzenfest and a circle jerk and do not have the equipment to engage in either.

Adios wannabe.whistle All done with this thread, blather on, no one is listening. grin
As has become your pattern, you still can't hit the mark. I guess that means you have more than one reason to sit and pee. Later, whiner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a great looking rifle in a great cartridge , Bricktop - and a great result!
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 11/11/11.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Be sure and open your yap all the way, so as to get both of your tiny feet in there Karen.........I mean Larry!

Old [bleep] Lawrence Root (piperkunt, bosslady, oldman1942, etc.) has a multitude of screen names, but can't bump her IQ...priceless!
She's rather adept at lying out of her beotch hole, cannot comprehend (and botches) the most basic of principles and is just another whining [bleep], pissed and mad at the world for the opportunities she just now is figuring out that's she's missed, due to being a lazy piece of shiet harbored up in a shiethole.
Never done a [bleep] thing in her pathetic excuse of a life but dream. She is washed up now (pathetic in itself, as there wasn't much washing to be done) and laments the cruel misfortunes of her life, as she's forced to suffer her last days in the turmoil of having gone so wrong, oh so often.
Enough to cheer the casual observor right the phark up! We are blessed to be fortunate enough to watch that crash.
Very good stuff sugar britches.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Faethor_Ferenczy
Be sure and open your yap all the way, so as to get both of your tiny feet in there Karen.........I mean Larry!

Old [bleep] Lawrence Root (piperkunt, bosslady, oldman1942, etc.) has a multitude of screen names, but can't bump her IQ...priceless!
She's rather adept at lying out of her beotch hole, cannot comprehend (and botches) the most basic of principles and is just another whining [bleep], pissed and mad at the world for the opportunities she just now is figuring out that's she's missed, due to being a lazy piece of shiet harbored up in a shiethole.
Never done a [bleep] thing in her pathetic excuse of a life but dream. She is washed up now (pathetic in itself, as there wasn't much washing to be done) and laments the cruel misfortunes of her life, as she's forced to suffer her last days in the turmoil of having gone so wrong, oh so often.
Enough to cheer the casual observor right the phark up! We are blessed to be fortunate enough to watch that crash.
Very good stuff sugar britches.
Good God, I was afraid of that. tired

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by catnthehat
That's a great looking rifle in a great cartridge , Bricktop - and a great result!
Cat
Thanks! I should have a scope mounted within the next week, though with gun deer season upon us, I'll wait until the seasonally enthusiastic hunters clear the range before I shoot it.

Maybe I should've had some irons put on this. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FaethorFerenczy,

Good catch on piper colt. It's definitely Larry. I noticed one of the first posts by piper colt in the classifieds and it sure seemed like the ole douchebag. There were too few posts under his new alias at that time to judge though.

Now I'm certain.

-----------------------

Hey Larry,

Can I be your UBB Buddy? ... Again? laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
[quote=catnthehat]

Maybe I should've had some irons put on this. wink

Oh, YES!! Irons, express irons from NECG!!
Cat

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bricktop, I think you guys pegged Pipercolt for what he is. I had a rifle for sale in the classifieds. He requested more pics of it and I sent them. To make a long story short, he jerked me around with emails, back and forth for couple of weeks wanting more pics (which I sent)and whining about the price, indicating that if it was lower he would buy the rifle. I lowered the price to him and he said the gun looks great but it was just not what he was looking for. After all of that, I would not sell it to him for any amount of money. When I read the posts in this thread, at first I wasn't going to say anything. Then I figured this guy should be exposed for what he really is.I will definitely stear clear of this guy if he inquires about anything I am selling and would never buy anything he is selling.

Last edited by rj308; 11/13/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crap, I answered an add on the EE that guy oldman1942 had , a canjar single set for sale.
never heard back from him, asked ig he still had it for sale, then got a "goodiewrench has removed himself from this topic"

Who in blazes is goodiewrench!!
Cat

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by catnthehat
I answered an add on the EE that guy oldman1942 had...asked if he still had it for sale, then got a "goodiewrench has removed himself from this topic"

Who in blazes is goodiewrench!!

Goodiewrench is one of the many aliases that Oldman1942 has used over the times. I am guessing you saw the result of a profile name change.

There are another half dozen names that Larry has used, those are but a couple.

Since I have jumped into this thread--beautiful rifle Bricktop, and in a caliber that is fast becoming a new favorite of mine. I will be clutching a 6.5x55 on our rifle opener this season. Mine will be in a Ruger 1A guise however.

Please keep us updated as you get some rounds through the 1885.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,999 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.