Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
that sciatic nerve pain ain't nothing to sneeze at. I'd started having a small, sharp stabbing pain in my upper right quadrant of the left cheek of my butt (y'all with me so far?) but it was not all that bad. It would manifest itself mainly after I sat at the computer for a time then got up from the swivel chair.

Yesterday, however, the situation deteriorated! I spent the day building another dog house with a lot of bending, kneeling and squatting. Late yesterday afternoon I was in the shop talking to Chris as he was finishing a job when it felt like Blue Duck jobbed a lance in my butt! I almost went to the floor. Again, last night when I was taking my shower I tried to bend over and wash my feet and I thought I was going to take an Obama right there in the shower! I can't remember a pain that sharp in my entire life. I don't think I've ever had a toothache that hurt like that.

I'm better today, thank the Lord, but I'm going to see the quackopractor on Monday to see if he can do something. I pray you guys never have that problem.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Mick

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took an Obama in the shower....that's some funny chit right there whistle

Hope you start to feel better.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't carry a wallet or stuff in your back pocket Mickey, seriously.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Speedy recovery to You there Mick, got an old bud that relieves that SN pain with an inversion table, IIRC its called a Teeter hang up?

Mink, after You take another big obama, dont forget to wipe w/ a fresh biden laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I prefer Pelosi brand TP....thank you very much laugh

It's a little tougher

Last edited by Mink; 11/23/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad it wasn't a toothache. I can help you with that. Come to think of it, a little Buffalo Trace might help?

Best Wishes and Happy Thanksgiving!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Mink
I prefer Pelosi brand TP....thank you very much laugh

It's a little tougher

Well OK, I guess most any brand will work while sittin' on the holder shocked

Gunner

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hope it works out for you Mickey. BTDT. My experience may or may not be relevant to your situation, but here goes anyhow. I went through bouts of severe sciatic pain for years, mostly unpredictable. The standard route my family doctor prescribed was physical therapy, supplemented by pain pills. I can't say for certain that neither helped, but there was no significant relief, and sciatic pain usually goes away after enough time, so who knows. Finally, after several years of this I pressed him to order a more definitive diagnosis, so he ordered x-rays and an MRI. Herniated disk. As luck would have it, there was a new neurosurgeon in town, who reviewed the tests and proposed minimally invasive surgery to clean out the disk area and relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve. Ten days after my doctor ordered the tests, I had the surgery. It provided instant relief from the sciatica, although I still have chronic lower back pain. At least it isn't the severe sharp pain of sciatica.

Moral of my story is that you may have to put some pressure on your doctors, and take charge in your own interest. You have to make the system work for you.

Good luck!

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
Don't carry a wallet or stuff in your back pocket Mickey, seriously.

^
This

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Mickey:

BTDT. Try to avoid surgery.

Chiro might help short-term. Exercise therapy may help long-term. Does for me, when I'm good about actually doing the exercises.

Good luck.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This past spring (36 years old and in fairly good shape) I started having major sciatica pain. Ended up being a herniated disk. My lower back didn't bother me all that bad, but for weeks it felt like I had a knife being stuck in my ass half the time.

Started to get better and I over did it a little bit and my left leg went partially numb along with the outside of my left foot.

Six months later my back is 90%, leg is fine for the most part but my left foot is still probably 20-25% numb. Doesn't tingle and if I don't think about it I barely notice it, but it's still there and is worrisome.

I tried a few back crackers, first one didn't do much. Had several massages, which seemed to help and some cute girl rubbing my ass wasn't so bad smile

Went to a different back cracker that came recommended by several horse friends and he got me walking straighter and I think helped out quite a bit. He didn't crack me, but had some technique for working out the knots so to speak.

Also bought an inversion table, which seemed to help. Gets hard on your ankles though, but overall was helpful.

Good Luck....

Life is just one damned thing after another
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If surgery can be avoided, exercise and keeping the weight off is going to give a man the best results. Generally speaking.

It's the way to go post-surgery, too.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BTDT...still fighting it...have disk probs, bone spurs, crooked pelvis.... exercise your core(belly) muscles.
If I slack off for a coupla weeks it comes back...Strenghthen your stomach muscles...This works for me...Good luck!!!!

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Glad it wasnt lower and to the right. smirk

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I do hope you recover soon.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i hear ya there Mickey. i went through this not too long ago, and i will not soon forget the pain associated with it. my chiro got me all straightened out.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
God bless ya man. It happens to me about 4 times a year. In fact, I can almost hear it when she blows. There are preventative exercise's that help you to stay ahead of the threat. I'd take the pain over surgery any day as there no guarantees with surgery. And stay away from the steroids if at all possible.

Godspeed.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Switch sides of the bed with your wife. you are turning away from her in your sleep and are spending too much time sleeping on one side. grin

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've lived with constant Sciatic pain in my left leg for about 8 years. It's not always a level 10, but it's always there. I get it on the right side at times too, and that's when it's not so tolerable. I've had Lyme's for over 22 years, two herniated discs (L4 and L5). I suffered with cluster headaches from age 15 to 45, so all of this pain really don't compare to that agony. After a while, it becomes the new normal for you. I can't stay on the hounds tails during bear season any more, but I won't let it get me down. I do all I can every day, and that's all I can do. I'm just very happy that it aint happening to my wife or kids.

Hope you get it fixed, Mickey.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My friend, I wish I did not have a clue what your are talking about. With me it starts at my left butt cheek and ends at my toes.

There has been a lot of good advice. Stretching and exercise are your new friends. Sorry you are going through this.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 8 invisible), 872 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.