Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranchhand02
Dang nice bucks. I wish I had a few mulie bucks to keep me company.

Thank you - I've been lucky over the past few years. What I don't have is any whitetail horns....

Regards,

Tom
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, I guess I am late to the party but I just reorganized things this past weekend and felt I would snap a few shots and share before things got messy again. Sorry for the poor pics, they were taken with a cell phone and the low hanging flourescent lights really gave a hazy appearance.

I didn't have a lot of room and the best location for my set up was a little 10'x10' shed out back.

Here is the bench and work surface:

[Linked Image]

And a shot of the storage facility:

The shelf mounted on the wall works good for holding my brass boxes and the cork board beneath is pretty neat for keeping little things (like spare decapping pins) from getting lost.

[Linked Image]

A little more detail of each:

I built the work top tall enough to roll my tool chest under it and just clear the top. Until just recently, this tool chest's bottom drawer is what held all my powder and die sets. Then I demoted an old gun chest and added it to the storage section in the picture below this one. The entire bench was build out of salvaged wood that was once a handicap ramp leading into my house. The first weekend after moving in, the handicap ramp was torn down. The second weekend after moving in, the bench was built.

[Linked Image]

Bullets in the bottom left drawer, primers in the bottom right, ammo boxes in the upper right...don't remember what is in the upper left. Main compartment works pretty well for my dies, powder, moulds, handgun boxes, a few miscellaneous items and my tumbler--turning that thing on and shutting the lid really keeps the noise down when I am in there working.

[Linked Image]

Of course, every busy looney needs a little helper. Baby_Eagle decided to stop by...

[Linked Image]

Don't worry, she and Mrs_Eagle didn't stay long... (I was just showing off after cleaning up anyway grin)

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by tominboise
Here's mine....I switched to a Lee turret press for the bulk of my reloading, and just built this rack this weekend, to sort out my turrets:

[Linked Image]

I have eyeballed the Lee turret presses a time or two and this just struck me as pretty damn neat, sir! Very neat!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Works for me!

Cat, the other white meat!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by War_Eagle

I have eyeballed the Lee turret presses a time or two and this just struck me as pretty damn neat, sir! Very neat!

Thank you - a 3" hole saw and a drill press are all that's required. The beauty of the lee turret press is that all the dies get set up once and stay that way....

Regards,

Tom
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Meatco1

[Linked Image]

Works for me!

Now we're talking! Nice bench and nice audience....

Last edited by tominboise; 01/10/12.

Regards,

Tom
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

O.K. I took some new picures of my updated reloading factory. There is order in this although it may not look like it, You will notice Hi_Vel's scope alignment tool on the nicely cleaned bench...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/115_2138.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Very nice setup. I got started building my bench saturday. I am going to get a dillon XL650 to put on it. Pic will follow shortly

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I finally got my bench put it and I am working on finishing up the floor and all the trim pieces. I will post some pics when I get it all complete

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll throw mine in the mix. Its an 8ft section of Bowling alley deck, 2 1/4" thick laminated Maple I happened to find at a local garage sale.
After sanding I refinished with some polyurethane then built shelves to fit.
For lights I decided on Can Lights, Easy to install if one has any attack space above. Larry.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice! ^ nice and organized... I'm needing another bench right about now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks Tanner, Larry.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I like the old bowling alley floor for the top. It looks great.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

+1 on that, makes for a good looking work surface.

my problem is i aint got a cute little blonde helper in penguin jammies to help me keep my shop organized like war eagle does. wink

then again, my boys are both around 6'2/250#, if i can find some 1 piece penguin jammies for them, wonder if they'll volunteer? bettin they wont,the ingrates. laugh

============================================================

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
took some pix of my setup last time i moved stuff around, but never did get any of the bench after i had all the other presses mounted up. now has 3 shotshell loaders, 2 rockchuckers, 2 powder measures, and a trim station so dont have as much elbow room. benchtop is 10' long...took a pair of steel work desks each 5' long, and bolted together, and reinforced the back edge where the bullets get stacked with 4 4x4 posts.
[Linked Image]

dark cabinet on the right holds powder singles & dies.
[Linked Image]

8-pounders of powder go on a shelf down low, bulk bullets go in some heavy gauge clear containers on the floor.
[Linked Image]

boxed bullets go on this kinda cheesy shelf of 2x6's and bricks.
[Linked Image]

cabinets for storing ammo boxes, and a place to pile the loading manuals.
[Linked Image]

bulk brass storage....got a bunch of plastic gallon sized flip top containers & they stack good, and dont have to keep up with the lids. got hem all labeled up so i can keep brass sorted by calibers, best thing i ever did in getting everything organized so i can actually find stuff when i want it.
[Linked Image]

============================================================

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks fyrepowrx. WOW! That is a very nice set up. Larry

Last edited by bethalhntr; 02/28/12.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Thanks Ranchhand02. Larry

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I'm not smart enough to post a picture of my bench but I can describe it pretty well. I went to the local high school metal shop and talked to the instructor. We figured out what height of table would be most comfortable for me so I can work with my elbows at about a right angle. The bench is about 5 feet long by 30" deep. I ended up making the legs out of 2"x2" square metal tubing and put a horizontal square of the same tubing around the top of the four legs and another horizontal square of the same tubing about 1' up from the bottom of the legs. On the bottom of the legs I had adjustable screw in foot pads installed so you can level the table. Then for the top of the bench I had a 3/16" plate placed on top of the 4 legs and upper "square" and had it spot welded all the way around. I had the legs drilled and tapped about every 2 inches and put in 3 shelves of 3/4" plywood held with an inch or two of "all thread" to hold each shelf at the height I choose. 1 sheet of plywood sits on top of that lower "square of tubing and that is where all the heavy stuff goes and all my components/dies/tools/scales/ etc go on all the other shelves. I love it and wouldn't change a thing!!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Some of you guys are entirely TOO ORGANIZED!!!! Part of the fun is going on a treasure hunt in your loading room; you might find that box of bullets or tool that you forgot you had.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
took some pix of my setup last time i moved stuff around, but never did get any of the bench after i had all the other presses mounted up. now has 3 shotshell loaders, 2 rockchuckers, 2 powder measures, and a trim station so dont have as much elbow room. benchtop is 10' long...took a pair of steel work desks each 5' long, and bolted together, and reinforced the back edge where the bullets get stacked with 4 4x4 posts.

dark cabinet on the right holds powder singles & dies.

8-pounders of powder go on a shelf down low, bulk bullets go in some heavy gauge clear containers on the floor.

boxed bullets go on this kinda cheesy shelf of 2x6's and bricks.

cabinets for storing ammo boxes, and a place to pile the loading manuals.

bulk brass storage....got a bunch of plastic gallon sized flip top containers & they stack good, and dont have to keep up with the lids. got hem all labeled up so i can keep brass sorted by calibers, best thing i ever did in getting everything organized so i can actually find stuff when i want it.

I've been in stores that aren't stocked as well your shop! Nice!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.