Hop To
Page 820 of 1,842 1 2 818 819 820 821 822 1841 1842
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Berettaman, I had to pet him some to keep him calm....lol
Is that goose one of those I've heard called a wavie?(sp) A few years ago we went to Missouri in January fowl hunting and we shot some geese the likes of that we've never seen in Michigan and some looked a little like that.

Bill...prayers sent from Michigan to all concerned.

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have no idea what that goose is. Our thoughts were along NDs thoughts, that there was some fraternizing betwixt a wild Canadian and a farm goose somewhere. We got checked by the CO and he didnt know either. Kinda interesting, that is for sure. I have never heard of a wavie...?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You got the prayers Bill. It sure would be nice if they could come up with a faster test. 3-5 days is an awful long time to make a family wait to get that kind of news.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Prayers sent from here too!

A buddy of mine shot a goose last year. It was leading a flock of canadians out of a wildlife pond to the fields every evening for a week. He came and got me and we checked it out on the wing with binos and couldn't figure out what the heck it was. He got it to come in to the decoys one morning and shot it. Its the darndest thing I have ever seen. It's better than twice the size of a normal canadian goose. It pure white, with some black under its wings, yellow legs and a yellow beak. It hangs from the ceiling in his house and its HUGE! The taxidermist called in several different people while it was in his shop and nobody could figure out what the heck it is exactly.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

A buddy of mine shot a goose last year. It was leading a flock of canadians out of a wildlife pond to the fields every evening for a week. He came and got me and we checked it out on the wing with binos and couldn't figure out what the heck it was. He got it to come in to the decoys one morning and shot it. Its the darndest thing I have ever seen. It's better than twice the size of a normal canadian goose. It pure white, with some black under its wings, yellow legs and a yellow beak. It hangs from the ceiling in his house and its HUGE! The taxidermist called in several different people while it was in his shop and nobody could figure out what the heck it is exactly.

shocked he shot a trumpeter swan. Prolly shouldn't have got that mounted. grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Rooster7

shocked he shot a trumpeter swan. Prolly shouldn't have got that mounted. grin

Its funny you say that Tom because that's what I gave him crap about too! grin

It is a goose of some sort or mix. At the time, I searched like heck on line to try and find something on it and the closest thing I found was on some forum where people in New York I believe (bird watchers?) were talking about the huge white goose matching that description leading a flock of canadians around.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just back from the range. I am going to like that new 257 Weatherby. Factory 100 gr. Hornady chrono'd a little over 3500 at just under an inch for the first 3 shot out of a clean barrel. I tried several handloads and two loads shot under 3/4" at over 3400 fps. I also did some work with the 264 and a new powder, WC872, and think this is going to work well with 130 gr. bullets. I also used it with 140 gr. core-lokts with poor results. Have to work with it a bit moore as the speed was there and no pressure signs but groups were poor. Maybe try some other 140 gr. bullets.

That goose has a head shape like a white fronted/speckle belly male. The legs and feet match also.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
so a speckle belly has yellow legs and feet? That might be it then. We may have a winner. Northern Dave will be sending you the prize in the mail!

Anybody been rooster hunnin'? I am feeling the need.....Friday is looking like a roody day more and more....the limit goes up to 3 tomorrow too!

Hey Dave, are the lakes froze over there yet? Our lake was almost froze, opened up and now is starting to freeze over again.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Specks have orange feet/legs

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Whoa, hold off on that prize ND, it aint a speck I guess! Back to the farm goose that got molested, methinks.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey dudes, and Pam and Missy. grin

Grizzly_Bill wanted me to post his pictures from deer camp on here for you guys to see. I'd like to direct all questions concerns and commments to him. laugh

So without further adu, here's a really cool northern WI deer camp.

Loading Da Pug.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Keeping warm
[Linked Image]

Bill and Uncle Phil
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rick's 8pt
[Linked Image]

[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/YoungBear017.jpg[/img]

Squaring da camp
[img]http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr102/tzone777/YoungBear011-Copy.jpg[/img]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have some of Rooster Jim's 15pt (yes, you read that right) muzzy loader buck from last weekend. I'll have to get those tomorrow because I forgot to e-mail them home to myself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A great looking camp.Man he got that buck right in the shoulder.
Thanks for posting those pictures,Tom.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nice camp and deer, but what's up with the ladder up to the back window? One of you planning to elope with the local bar maid in the middle of the night? smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BrentD
Nice camp and deer, but what's up with the ladder up to the back window? One of you planning to elope with the local bar maid in the middle of the night? smile

That would be our fire escape.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow awesome camp Bill.

I need that Pug!!

(didn't see that coming did ya?)

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always enjoy viewing deer camps...thanks for sharing Griz'

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Wow awesome camp Bill.

I need that Pug!!

(didn't see that coming did ya?)

grin

shocked

I mrsnorthern_dave isn't reading this today.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh I'm reading it Tzone...I'm reading it.

This too shall pass. Sometimes I look at living with ND like dodging bullets...this bullet I will dodge too just like some of the "other bullets" he has wanted. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
Page 820 of 1,842 1 2 818 819 820 821 822 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 66 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.